Do you like dark-color weapons or shiny-color weapons?

#1-Damien-Posted 11/30/2012 12:44:31 PM
Dark-color weapons

- all the black knight swords
- Life Hunt Scythe
- Chaos Blade
- Darkwraith Blade
- Gravelord Sword
etc

Shiny-color weapons
- pretty much most basic/regular weapons
#2Coast2coastPosted 11/30/2012 12:52:05 PM
I actually really love dark souls weapons because to me they aren't all shiny and new looking. I was admiring this the other day while I was playing my faith build who uses a longsword and noticed how the blade was knocked and scratched and overall looked like it had been well used.

Armor is done the same way, there's slash marks and dents in them, not anything too obvious but if you look close you'll see them.

To the topic I probably like the lighter color weapons more because all the little details like I described are more visible.
#3SolidKnightPosted 11/30/2012 12:52:56 PM
Depends on the specific design of the weapon.
#4TexnophilePosted 11/30/2012 12:54:48 PM
Dark color just for the Chaos Blade
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#5Coast2coastPosted 11/30/2012 12:54:53 PM
Knicked* not knocked f$&king phone autocorrect.
#6-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:55:49 PM
Coast2coast posted...
I actually really love dark souls weapons because to me they aren't all shiny and new looking. I was admiring this the other day while I was playing my faith build who uses a longsword and noticed how the blade was knocked and scratched and overall looked like it had been well used.

Armor is done the same way, there's slash marks and dents in them, not anything too obvious but if you look close you'll see them.

To the topic I probably like the lighter color weapons more because all the little details like I described are more visible.

yeah the attention to detail is amazing. If you notice carefully, you'd see differences between Uchi and Iaito. In Uchi you can see the waved-layers, while Iaito is perfectly smooth blade
#7ZephranthesPosted 11/30/2012 2:49:11 PM
It was like this in Demon's Souls too, just noticed that Blueblood Sword is actually quite worn and chipped. Love that sword, wish they brought it back each game like Moonlight Greatsword. Like it could have scaled with Resistance stat, what a missed opportunity.

Regarding TC, I think they're both potentially awesome. Dark Sword for instance.
I'm not too fond of overcomplicated designs or really outlandish things though.
#8pinkshredderPosted 11/30/2012 4:00:29 PM
I really like a lot of the special weapons you can find and make throughout the game, but unless I've gone with an extreme build(pure strength or magic/attunement for example) then I normally just stick with a standard weapon that suits my environment.
---
PSN : metalgod88