Is Kalameet supposed to be killed by 2-3 people?

#1SonyNintendoFanPosted 11/30/2012 12:40:45 PM
Cause 1v1 is impossible. His attacks are too fast, and you need fast roll. The problem with ninja roll is that you now have weaker gear and no poise for it to work. So is he meant to be 1v2 or 1v3?
#2BombayNugzPosted 11/30/2012 12:42:00 PM
Skills are required.
---
Go Big Red 10-2 bruh
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420
#3psiIocyborgPosted 11/30/2012 12:43:49 PM
He's like gaping dragon on crack.
#4RENNELSPosted 11/30/2012 12:45:50 PM
One does not simply... Rollbs Kalameet.
---
Posts in a topic do not have to be on topic if it goes with the natural flow of conversation.- Baseman (Moderator)
#5moodyjm2Posted 11/30/2012 12:46:47 PM
It's pretty damn hard with one person, I agree.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Behold, the Master Sorcerer Knight: http://mmdks.com/9l6
#6LivesPosted 11/30/2012 12:54:53 PM
I actually don't think it's all that difficult with one person, and here's why:

When I first tried to beat him all I wanted was his tail, so I spent an hour or so playing him solo, just trying to get his tail, and learn his moves and how he fights. He's really not too bad if you just take your time and read your moves, much like other bosses. You'll die if you get too greedy attacking and don't have stamina to run away or block when necessary... just like other bosses. For the most part though, even with the mid-roll, you can beat him solo with patience.

Now... if you want the tail, I think it's absolutely easier to accomplish with 1 or 2 people helping you. Also... for his fire attacks, if you have the Silver Pendant..... it makes this fight slightly easier I think, just like Manus.

FYI... I think all of the bosses in the DLC are slightly more difficult than many of the normal bosses in the original portions of the game. The reason behind this is that I think the new bosses are all aggressive, and all deal high damage, and have high HP (although the more I fight the Sanctuary Guardian the easier it gets.... almost laughably easy if you have a strong weapon). Many people just tank through the game with Havel's armor... but I think these bosses, at least at lower levels, require more skills in the sense that the player has to manage their stamina a little better than normal. This is double for Kalameet and Manus with their "magic attacks".
#7Fo_lc_usPosted 11/30/2012 1:43:06 PM
No, he's pretty easy to solo.

Getting the tail will take time and effort, but a straight kill is very easy.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#8Someone_342Posted 11/30/2012 2:01:58 PM(edited)
I haven't battled Kalameet yet, but my main char is in NG+++ at SL 125 and this is the first time I'm playing the DLC. Overall the DLC bosses were ridiculously hard, so I fear Kalameet a lot.

Is it just me or its name is meant to resemble "Calamity"?
---
PSN: espeon654
Pkmn Diamond FC: 2964 7832 7864 / Pkmn HeartGold FC: 1291 8215 4869
#9ZephranthesPosted 11/30/2012 2:02:34 PM
Someone_342 posted...
Is it just me or its name is meant to resemble "Calamity"?

No wai.

That sounds like a cool name for...say a ring!

TC, Kalameet hits really hard and his melee attacks can be nasty to dodge. But he's very easily turtled. Just punish him whenever he uses a ground-based special attack.

Getting his tail..I'd hire help for that.
#10Proudleaf24Posted 11/30/2012 2:14:10 PM
Getting his tail isn't too bad. He has a 2 attacks which really allow you to get behind him to get his tail. The key is to just look out for those.
---
You're gonna love my nuts