Do ultra-greatswords swing faster when two-handed?

#1nubs222Posted 11/30/2012 4:26:46 PM
I just noticed this the other day and wasn't sure. I tried testing it out but it was hard to tell. The only downside is that the two-handed swings take so much stamina that it almost seems like it's not worth it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_
#2CorrustPosted 11/30/2012 4:28:03 PM
All weapons swing faster 2-handed.
#3nubs222(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:41:03 PM
All weapons swing faster 2-handed.

Um...I don't think so. I'm pretty sure most weapons keep the same speed whether one-handed or two-handed and I know of at least one weapon type where that is clearly false: greatswords.
---
#4Redjoker777Posted 11/30/2012 5:10:19 PM
I believe someone said swing velocity is the same no matter what. It is recovery time you want to look at.
---
Loshadt-"There are times when I wish I were capable of hating people to death."
#5lucky_sharm19Posted 11/30/2012 5:13:21 PM
It's a lot faster swinging two-handed. Trying to swing any ultra-greatsword one handed is like trying to swing a weapon without enough STR.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
What doesn't kill you, didn't finish the job.
#6shadowsofdawnPosted 11/30/2012 5:21:10 PM
Nope, same exact swing speed. But they do more damage, have better poise damage, and the zwei/greatsword have solid stunlock ability 2H.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#7nubs222(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:23:19 PM
Is there any reason to use an ultra-greatsword over the BKGA? The BKGA is just faster and has comparable AP.
---
#8FruitOfTheDoomPosted 11/30/2012 6:04:27 PM(edited)
nubs222 posted...
Is there any reason to use an ultra-greatsword over the BKGA? The BKGA is just faster and has comparable AP.

The zweihander is lighter, has better range, a better moveset, and horizontal swings that allow for easy (sometimes even unintentional) dead-angling.

Edit: For example, people trying to circle around you with their shield up for a backstab can get dead-angled by the edge of the swing. I kept doing it to a darkwraith once. Every time he would run away to pop a humanity, then return to try again. Eventually he got stunlocked and died. I didn't know about dead-angling at the time, so I wasn't sure what was happening and he probably didn't either, or he wouldn't have continued to do the same thing over and over.
---
All puns intended, especially sexually suggestive ones!
#9lucky_sharm19Posted 12/1/2012 2:54:27 AM
FruitOfTheDoom posted...
nubs222 posted...

The zweihander is lighter, has better range, a better moveset, and horizontal swings that allow for easy (sometimes even unintentional) dead-angling.

Edit: For example, people trying to circle around you with their shield up for a backstab can get dead-angled by the edge of the swing. I kept doing it to a darkwraith once. Every time he would run away to pop a humanity, then return to try again. Eventually he got stunlocked and died. I didn't know about dead-angling at the time, so I wasn't sure what was happening and he probably didn't either, or he wouldn't have continued to do the same thing over and over.

Same here...when I first started doing PVP I won a lot of fights simply by spamming R1 with my +10 Fire Zweihander. It'd always catch the fishers. It's such an easy weapon to parry, too, I'm surprised that I wasn't riposted more often.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
What doesn't kill you, didn't finish the job.