Do ultra-greatswords swing faster when two-handed?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Do ultra-greatswords swing faster when two-handed?

User Info: nubs222

nubs222
4 years ago#1
I just noticed this the other day and wasn't sure. I tried testing it out but it was hard to tell. The only downside is that the two-handed swings take so much stamina that it almost seems like it's not worth it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_

User Info: Corrust

Corrust
4 years ago#2
All weapons swing faster 2-handed.

nubs222
4 years ago#3
All weapons swing faster 2-handed.

Um...I don't think so. I'm pretty sure most weapons keep the same speed whether one-handed or two-handed and I know of at least one weapon type where that is clearly false: greatswords.

User Info: Redjoker777

Redjoker777
4 years ago#4
I believe someone said swing velocity is the same no matter what. It is recovery time you want to look at.
Loshadt-"There are times when I wish I were capable of hating people to death."

User Info: lucky_sharm19

lucky_sharm19
4 years ago#5
It's a lot faster swinging two-handed. Trying to swing any ultra-greatsword one handed is like trying to swing a weapon without enough STR.
PSN: GSPhantom
What doesn't kill you, didn't finish the job.

User Info: shadowsofdawn

shadowsofdawn
4 years ago#6
Nope, same exact swing speed. But they do more damage, have better poise damage, and the zwei/greatsword have solid stunlock ability 2H.
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||

nubs222
4 years ago#7
Is there any reason to use an ultra-greatsword over the BKGA? The BKGA is just faster and has comparable AP.

User Info: FruitOfTheDoom

FruitOfTheDoom
4 years ago#8
nubs222 posted...
Is there any reason to use an ultra-greatsword over the BKGA? The BKGA is just faster and has comparable AP.

The zweihander is lighter, has better range, a better moveset, and horizontal swings that allow for easy (sometimes even unintentional) dead-angling.

Edit: For example, people trying to circle around you with their shield up for a backstab can get dead-angled by the edge of the swing. I kept doing it to a darkwraith once. Every time he would run away to pop a humanity, then return to try again. Eventually he got stunlocked and died. I didn't know about dead-angling at the time, so I wasn't sure what was happening and he probably didn't either, or he wouldn't have continued to do the same thing over and over.
All puns intended, especially sexually suggestive ones!

User Info: lucky_sharm19

lucky_sharm19
4 years ago#9
FruitOfTheDoom posted...
nubs222 posted...

The zweihander is lighter, has better range, a better moveset, and horizontal swings that allow for easy (sometimes even unintentional) dead-angling.

Edit: For example, people trying to circle around you with their shield up for a backstab can get dead-angled by the edge of the swing. I kept doing it to a darkwraith once. Every time he would run away to pop a humanity, then return to try again. Eventually he got stunlocked and died. I didn't know about dead-angling at the time, so I wasn't sure what was happening and he probably didn't either, or he wouldn't have continued to do the same thing over and over.

Same here...when I first started doing PVP I won a lot of fights simply by spamming R1 with my +10 Fire Zweihander. It'd always catch the fishers. It's such an easy weapon to parry, too, I'm surprised that I wasn't riposted more often.
PSN: GSPhantom
What doesn't kill you, didn't finish the job.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Do ultra-greatswords swing faster when two-handed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived