Need a good hard challenge, any suggestions?

#1devilman108Posted 12/1/2012 6:02:55 PM
I'm at the point where I've done a Dex/Int, dex/faith, str/int, etc. etc. and I'm not so much getting bored, but I AM at the point where I nearly flawlessly speedrun up to and including the iron golem with most characters I make now, and I want something that makes me stop and think.

However one thing I'd like to avoid if possible is the SL1 and SL3 type challenges. They add challenge sure, but not really too much fun (at least for me).

Was considering a whip or fist playthrough, maybe a pure bow character, not sure.

What challenges have you guys done that you enjoyed doing but also made the game harder than it can be (i.e. BKGA Havel build is fun, but let's face it, it's autopilot)
---
Hotel California is the greatest song there ever was. It will never grow old.
PSN: bigRboy111
#2R1masherPosted 12/1/2012 6:06:26 PM
Try a southpaw run
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#3devilman108(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 6:08:49 PM(edited)
Your name and sig seem to disagree with you.

but anyways, that pretty much boils down to no shield, doesn't it?

I know its different in a lot of ways but overall its basically no shield (cant block with right hand)

Though your post made me want to try and make a right-hand shield build work (using the shield as a weapon)
---
Hotel California is the greatest song there ever was. It will never grow old.
PSN: bigRboy111
#4Awhsum-SaucePosted 12/1/2012 6:49:40 PM
Beat some forest gankers without any equipment. So basically lure them and kick them off. If your looking for a challenge build, just go on mugenmonkey, click random and make the build with the exact gear it uses.
#5R1masherPosted 12/1/2012 6:52:27 PM
Awhsum-Sauce posted...
Beat some forest gankers without any equipment. So basically lure them and kick them off. If your looking for a challenge build, just go on mugenmonkey, click random and make the build with the exact gear it uses.

That random is really random too... 9.9/10 dude can't use gear or spells
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#6ZephranthesPosted 12/1/2012 8:28:05 PM
I tried doing a overencumbered no-roll no-spells lousy gear fatknight run.

Failed miserably once I got to the DLC. That slow stamina regen is a killer, as is not being able to dodge at all. But this is how nubs play and somehow they manage to get through the game.
#7jstephenszzPosted 12/1/2012 8:58:07 PM
I would do a Flasking build. Designed for maximum flasking at all times.
Calamity ring and self-inflicted toxicity with dung pies.
Maybe supplemented with Dusk Ring for 50%hp and some Power Within but only using Power Within when you're not in combat.

Another fun one is no R1/R2/L1/L2 -- you can only damage with Thorns armor and rolling into your opponent.
#8GotRadsPosted 12/1/2012 9:14:44 PM
Over encumbered with a weapon you don't have the strength for. Probably impossible.
#9CamelJames28Posted 12/1/2012 9:15:17 PM
Do something unique. Like every time you get hit you have to discard the weapon you're using or something crazy like that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WX6rS.gif http://i.imgur.com/TUTdw.gif
#10rockn75Posted 12/1/2012 9:23:19 PM
meh, all these don't sound fun to me, just extremely frustrating and tedious and based on more luck than skill, a very very challenging run that i personally enjoy is to only level up one stat.
i.e. ONLY level up endurance (generally you would use an elemental weapon, but to make it even harder you can even limit that) this was you have no health, cant use spells, and have a hard time finding equipment.

Or you can try only leveling up strength, that way you have almost no stamina or health, but you can destroy enemies.

Just mess around with this play style, i found that it adds the perfect level of challenge to the game.

besides, if you are really hardcore you could try only leveling atunement XDDD

.....or luck. :P
---
Why is death never enough?