Good Strength weapons?

#1Zeru64Posted 12/1/2012 9:31:43 PM
Wondering what some good ones are. Right now I have 20str/18dex for the Black Knight Sword, and after I use these 125k or so souls to level up, I'll have around 30 strength. So, what are some good ones? I'm still pretty early on(Heading down to Depths/Blighttown after doing the non-Sif darkroot stuff, the asylum return, and of course the Gargoyles and stuff), but wondering what you guy's recommend.

Would a +10 'strength' weapon with 30str outdamage a +3 Black Knight Sword? I'm quite curious about it. :>
---
o]-{
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
#2MrSmi7hPosted 12/1/2012 9:39:00 PM
With that stats...get black knight stuff.

You get a more practical weapon selection than str builds, don't need very large ember, slabs, or titanite chunks...twink titanite is so easy to farm or buy and you don't need any ember.

Stop at 36/40 str, your damage with the axes once you get it it's top, even after the patch, and the moveset is way, way faster and useful than other weapons which are only a few points above in damage.

You also get the halberd, is a great weapon too.
#3Zeru64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 9:45:14 PM
MrSmi7h posted...
With that stats...get black knight stuff.

You get a more practical weapon selection than str builds, don't need very large ember, slabs, or titanite chunks...twink titanite is so easy to farm or buy and you don't need any ember.

Stop at 36/40 str, your damage with the axes once you get it it's top, even after the patch, and the moveset is way, way faster and useful than other weapons which are only a few points above in damage.

You also get the halberd, is a great weapon too.

Well, that's the big problem with Black Knight weapons. The only way they drop before Kiln is ridiculous luck. I had to restart 3 times just to get one BKS. Although say...a Black Knight greataxe or greatsword would be cool, the odds of me getting one before the very end of the game are pretty much 0, hence why I was asking about other options.
---
o]-{
#4Titanite-DemonPosted 12/1/2012 9:47:30 PM
Get the RSS from Ariamis.

I have like 5 copies of each BK weapon.
---
Armed to the teeth with energy cannons, katanas and assault rifles...
#5Zeru64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 9:54:31 PM
Well, I have a spare Titanite Slab, so I'll see if anyone would be willing to trade a spare BKGS/BKH/BKGA for one. :>
---
o]-{
#6MrSmi7hPosted 12/2/2012 12:06:58 AM
Zeru64 posted...
Well, I have a spare Titanite Slab, so I'll see if anyone would be willing to trade a spare BKGS/BKH/BKGA for one. :>

I will do the trade, but then I would be cheating you. You get more BK stuff than you ever need in one run, sometimes farming titanite you end with around 12 BK swords.

Keep that slab, I don't get WHY you're in need of something so strong, BK sword in NG is just OP to cosmic levels, just get the twink titanite from lizards or buy it to the blacksmith in AL and it will be more than anyone can need to kill anything on the game, with or without the expansion.

Once you're in the end you can collect other BK weapons.
#7Power TurtlePosted 12/2/2012 12:35:40 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls?search=strength+weapon
Very good suggestions here.
#8Zeru64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 1:09:30 AM(edited)
MrSmi7h posted...
Zeru64 posted...

I will do the trade, but then I would be cheating you. You get more BK stuff than you ever need in one run, sometimes farming titanite you end with around 12 BK swords.

Keep that slab, I don't get WHY you're in need of something so strong, BK sword in NG is just OP to cosmic levels, just get the twink titanite from lizards or buy it to the blacksmith in AL and it will be more than anyone can need to kill anything on the game, with or without the expansion.

Once you're in the end you can collect other BK weapons.

Since the more damage the better, y'know? If another weapon I can use and get without a huge amount of trouble that's better, why wouldn't I?

I'll probably end up with 40 strength pretty soonish(35 at lvl.54), was wondering if a weapon with better scaling would beat the BKS, which has high damage, but low scaling. Just curiosity, really. :P

That, and using the same weapon for 90 hours straight just gets to me sometimes. :B

But again, that's the problem with the other BK weapons. If I can't get a weapon until the very end of the game, it's sorta a useless weapon, considering I dunno if I'll NG+ or anything. :V

Well, since I dunno if I'll be able to get other stuff, looking around at other possible options. Probably gonna buy the Demon Machete/Greataxe from Shiva to try them out, and had a Large Club drop which might be decent. We'll see, I guess.
---
o]-{
#9MrSmi7hPosted 12/2/2012 1:09:59 AM
You're going to get some slow *ss weapons, they aren't gonna do much until you get the very large ember and some titanite chunks, and once you get that (the most viable titanite chunk place in the game is the kiln) your BK sword will be maxed, overpowered, faster than most str weapons, and you will be in the end of the game.

Srsly, stop that, of course do whatever you want, but you've asked for opinions and I tell you, you get an early BK sword? move toward NG+, you've wasted points to get 18 dex? keep BK weapons, replace the sword for the halberd or the axe, GG.
#10Power TurtlePosted 12/2/2012 1:34:20 AM
I would go for the BK greataxe. That things crazy strong and surprisingly fast. If youre wanting to stick with BK stuff. On a personal note, I adore the MSGS so so much!

But that link i posted earlier, it has lits of great advice!