Good Strength weapons?

#11lucky_sharm19Posted 12/2/2012 2:50:49 AM
Try out the Man Serpent Greatsword. It should out damage the BK Sword at some point.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
What doesn't kill you, didn't finish the job.
#12HolyGravePosted 12/2/2012 2:57:30 AM
lucky_sharm19 posted...
Try out the Man Serpent Greatsword. It should out damage the BK Sword at some point.

Nah, i have two different strength build in the TotG atm, one has BK sword and other has man serpent, although i like the moveset of the man serpent more, the BK sword cuts throu those enemies in one hit while the man serpent +15 takes 2/3 hit to kill them.
---
currently playing: Dark souls, AC 3, Dragon's Dogma, Dishonored, Demon Souls.
#13Zeru64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:06:33 AM(edited)
MrSmi7h posted...
You're going to get some slow *ss weapons, they aren't gonna do much until you get the very large ember and some titanite chunks, and once you get that (the most viable titanite chunk place in the game is the kiln) your BK sword will be maxed, overpowered, faster than most str weapons, and you will be in the end of the game.

Srsly, stop that, of course do whatever you want, but you've asked for opinions and I tell you, you get an early BK sword? move toward NG+, you've wasted points to get 18 dex? keep BK weapons, replace the sword for the halberd or the axe, GG.

True, but the Halberd and Axe are endgame, as I've expressed concern over. I already have 6 Chunks... although, I'll probably be +15ing a greatshield first, heh.

Well, considering I'm PvE and will probably end up lvl.200+ by the time I'm done, you can't really say points are being 'wasted' in that sense of the word, y'know? :P

Anyways, I'll keep using the Black Knight Sword. Really, the only thing that hugely bugs me about it is the R2s, but the 1H R2 seems to be good for oki, at least on NPCs, so that's cool. Might experiment with some other stuff when going through other areas, but only if it doesn't require any special stat distribution. Might as well use all those titanite pieces I save up on -something-, right? :P

Although, on that note, sorta kinda maybe considering going to 20dex for a Dragonslayer Greatbow. Probably shouldn't but it's tempting to have a str-based ranged option.
---
o]-{
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
#14MrSmi7hPosted 12/2/2012 3:02:33 AM
WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT?

The MSGS in fact out damages other GS once you get 27 str and use it two handed.
#15MrSmi7hPosted 12/2/2012 3:06:07 AM
If you're going to SL200 then go for 40/40 and get nuts trying just everything on the game.

At that point good str weapons will be the great/large club and the demon greataxe, since with that stats quality weapons are going to outperform everything.
#16Zeru64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:08:46 AM
MrSmi7h posted...
If you're going to SL200 then go for 40/40 and get nuts trying just everything on the game.

At that point good str weapons will be the great/large club and the demon greataxe, since with that stats quality weapons are going to outperform everything.

Oh, I very well might. I can grind Ariamis to lvl.100, easy.

Dunno if I'm going to lvl.200 or not, I'm just gonna use my souls for leveling. I mean, better to be overleveled then to carry a million souls and lose them, right?

Anyways, sorry for my last post. I'm tired and realized I was saying rude crap without thinking, so I edited it out. Many apologies.

MrSmi7h posted...
WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT?

The MSGS in fact out damages other GS once you get 27 str and use it two handed.

MSGS? What's that? I know about MLGS, but not MSGS
---
o]-{
#17DarkfireAxelPosted 12/2/2012 3:13:01 AM
If you get the greatshield of artorias, you won't need to ever upgrade it. Its stability is maxed out at +0.

If you're going for the BK weapons, Greataxe and Halberd just own in pve, followed by the Sword. (Greatsword sucks, though)

If you want non BK weapons, you should look out for the Demon's Greataxe (S scaling). It's slow, but pretty much every STR weapon is really slow.
If you want a faster weapon, try to look out for the Demon's Machete or the Man Serpent's Greatsword, less damage (reduced basic + A scaling, IIRC) but at least they're swords.
---
Vintrens Kulde, Snart Tilfulde, Oc Hans Laengsel, Mod Een Vinternat...
...Ulven Vandrer Eene...
#18Zeru64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:32:04 AM
DarkfireAxel posted...
If you get the greatshield of artorias, you won't need to ever upgrade it. Its stability is maxed out at +0.

If you're going for the BK weapons, Greataxe and Halberd just own in pve, followed by the Sword. (Greatsword sucks, though)

If you want non BK weapons, you should look out for the Demon's Greataxe (S scaling). It's slow, but pretty much every STR weapon is really slow.
If you want a faster weapon, try to look out for the Demon's Machete or the Man Serpent's Greatsword, less damage (reduced basic + A scaling, IIRC) but at least they're swords.

True, but there's no way I'm fighting Sif for a while. He'll probably wreck me. So, unless I can figure him out(Maybe after I supergrind Ariamis), I'll be using a different greatshield for a while. Considering the Tower Shield you can buy at Sen's Fortress. I wanted a Stone Greatshield, but when I tried, one refused to dorp. Maybe I'll go back after I get the Covetous Ring from Sen's and give it a try.

I bought the Machete to try out, actually. :P

Also, finally +5'd my BKS, thanks to this weird tree place I never knew existed. >:3
---
o]-{
#19GrowshroomPosted 12/2/2012 3:45:09 AM
Sif will be easy with that weapon. Just run between his legs where he has a harder time hitting you and go nuts.
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more