Underrated weapons?

#41dantedeschain13Posted 12/2/2012 5:25:10 PM
joeharamatheo posted...
any shield is an underrated weapon. just 2h r2, better than turtling

Dual wielding Spike Shield's or the Bonewheel shield's could be pretty boss.

There's also a video of a guy rocking PVP with a Pick-Axe, and the dude was saying that the Leo Ring works REALLY well with it if you can get good at counters
#42SGDonZPosted 12/2/2012 5:27:46 PM
Lol oh my.. Think you've had enough smokin' for today lol.
#43joeharamatheoPosted 12/2/2012 5:33:10 PM
dantedeschain13 posted...
joeharamatheo posted...

There's also a video of a guy rocking PVP with a Pick-Axe, and the dude was saying that the Leo Ring works REALLY well with it if you can get good at counters

why would you dual wield? 2h gives you defence + offence. put a dagger or something oh
#44orphanjohnPosted 12/2/2012 5:43:38 PM(edited)
SGDonZ posted...
Lol oh my.. Think you've had enough smokin' for today lol.

You thought is was boring, that's cool. I find the butcher knife boring, I think it's that damn chopping motion. Honestly man, I can't really tell the swing speed difference. BUT the recovery is a tad bit longer. The MSGS is my main weapon lol.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#45orphanjohnPosted 12/2/2012 5:38:58 PM
dantedeschain13 posted...
joeharamatheo posted...

There is a YouTube vid of that duel wield bonewheel.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#46MrSmi7hPosted 12/2/2012 5:46:28 PM
Maybe is just me but I really find the speed quite more slow since the patch, at least for combos, the first R1 and the rolling R1 and running R1 are the same, but now works like the gargoyle halberd or the scythe, fast first attack, slow second attack, making it unable to combo.

Anyway, I love how the butcher knife works in PvP, but you're outdamaged by even katanas...not happening with MSGS, ever, one running R1, one regular R1, and you get the combat on your side, I love the knife and it will be great if it was better, but it's underpowered, specially on PvE and specially on the expansion bosses.