need advice on dex weapons

#1sir_karachoPosted 12/2/2012 6:40:00 AM
i want to start a new character vor pve, i wanna start out as a pyromancer and want to make him use dex weapons, so what are some good (or even the best) dex weapons, to start out, midlevel, and highend?
also i need opinions on ricards rapier and black bow of pharis

also is there any armor rings or special ammunition or other items i should be aware of when playing as a dex character?

thanks in advance
#2tlnPosted 12/2/2012 7:30:26 AM
16 STR
40-45 DEX

Silver Knight Spear+5
Quelaag's Furysword+5
Iaito+15 or Uchigatana+15

Black Bow of Pharis+15 or Composite Bow+15

19 ATT for some attunement slots for pyromancy spells. You'll probably want to get 32 INT in NG+ so you can use Crystal Magic Weapon with the TCC.
#3sir_karacho(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 7:54:47 AM
thanks, very helpful :)
#4London-SVPosted 12/2/2012 8:11:15 AM
I'd highly recommend you try the Great Scythe, It's definitely my favourite Dex weapon.
#5bigbigtom10Posted 12/2/2012 8:47:24 AM
London-SV posted...
I'd highly recommend you try the Great Scythe, It's definitely my favourite Dex weapon.

This. It's definitely my favorite for dex as well. Also you can get it really early if you want.

I am finishing up NG+ on my dex/int build and I mostly used Great Scythe and Velka's Rapier. Though in the catacombs I used Silver Knight Spear.
---
PSN: CaDe
GT: CaDeXBL
#6simonbelmont2Posted 12/2/2012 9:01:38 AM
bigbigtom10 posted...
London-SV posted...

This. It's definitely my favorite for dex as well. Also you can get it really early if you want.

I am finishing up NG+ on my dex/int build and I mostly used Great Scythe and Velka's Rapier. Though in the catacombs I used Silver Knight Spear.

The GS is indeed nice too.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#7sir_karacho(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:15:58 AM
thanks again for the many helpful answers, since you guys are so willing to put me in the right direction, which armor shield and rings would you consider fitting? :)
#8golDroger88Posted 12/2/2012 9:23:15 AM
I would say Gold Tracer, it's fast as hell, it builds a lot of bleed, it deals good damage and it only weights 2. This has become a must-use weapon for dex builds. Then I would say Bow of Faris, Great Scythe, Silver Knight Spear, Iaito, Claymore (with 16 strength), Quelaag's Furysword (for pve), Great Lord Greatsword or Obsidian Greatsword two handed if you a more damage, Demon's Spear, Balder Side Sword, Ricard's Rapier for it's R2, Estoc and Rapier.
These are all good weapons, probably the best are Gold Tracer, Bow of Faris, Great Scythe, Silver Knight Spear, Claymore, Ricard's Rapier...
I have a sl 100 dex build and use Claymore and Gold Tracer.
#9Drak_the_ShadowPosted 12/2/2012 9:32:09 AM(edited)
golDroger88 posted...
I would say Gold Tracer, it's fast as hell, it builds a lot of bleed, it deals good damage and it only weights 2. This has become a must-use weapon for dex builds. Then I would say Bow of Faris, Great Scythe, Silver Knight Spear, Iaito, Claymore (with 16 strength), Quelaag's Furysword (for pve), Great Lord Greatsword or Obsidian Greatsword two handed if you a more damage, Demon's Spear, Balder Side Sword, Ricard's Rapier for it's R2, Estoc and Rapier.
These are all good weapons, probably the best are Gold Tracer, Bow of Faris, Great Scythe, Silver Knight Spear, Claymore, Ricard's Rapier...

Omit the bolded suggestions, they are not dex build weapons, they are quality build. The only exception might be the Obsidian Greatsword since it has no scaling and low str requirement, however a dex weapon will scale higher than a +5 Obsidian.
---
Children: You spend the first two years of their lives teaching them to walk and talk, then spend the next sixteen years telling them to sit down and shut up.
#10golDroger88Posted 12/2/2012 9:53:55 AM
Drak_the_Shadow posted...
golDroger88 posted...

Omit the bolded suggestions, they are not dex build weapons, they are quality build. The only exception might be the Obsidian Greatsword since it has no scaling and low str requirement, however a dex weapon will scale higher than a +5 Obsidian.

I wrote "if you need high damage". Then the fact that those are quality build weapons it doesn't mean that a dex build isn't able of using them succesfully.
Anyway I have 40 dex and 16 strength on my build and there aren't weapons that I can use that deal more damage than a Great Lord Greatsword (two handed), and this is a fact.
If I remember correctly the weapon that has the most high damage, among the ones considered dex weapons, is the Great Scythe. A two handed GLGS deals 505 damage.