New Spell swap glitch 1.06.

#91dragonkyn20Posted 12/3/2012 10:29:34 AM
I knew people would find a way to get through. Adapt and overcome.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#92KlobziPosted 12/3/2012 10:44:59 AM
A_German_spy posted...
Well first, props to all of you guys who put in the time testing this and working out the mechanics. It still sounds kinda tepid compared to the full-blown spellswap glitch or running Firestorm in Demon's Souls (RFS in Dark Souls was really more like "Casually Strolling Firestorm" because Fire Surge restricted you to a walk, so no chasing people down in a trail of flame pillars).

You could still sprint in a running firestorm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zNzbkUbIGZI#t=465s
#93AhrimanPosted 12/3/2012 11:33:09 AM
Klobzi posted...

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that in Dark Souls you couldn't sprint while using Firestorm after swap.
---
Chikubi ga itai. Hontou ni- Mattaku kayuku itai. Bakuzen to aamondo to niru...
#94PHoToS999Posted 12/3/2012 12:19:55 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
WATAUGACJ posted...
Lol get chopped in half?

Exactly, same situation here in the hypothetical 2v1 with 2 sl120s against an sl10 with base gear. Sure you can land 15 rollbs > chainbs and win in the end but IMO its easier for everyone if the sl10 just dies lol (though if you have at least a +5 rapier you can already put up a decent fight since each backstab with hornets should do like 250-300 damage

Just die?
Hell naw, strip naked and get rid of those weapons, they're just slowing ya down.
Then start shoving that fist where it don't belong.

Cuz at that point it's not about winning, it's about making them your little b****. This is the art of trolling.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#95m415mikePosted 12/3/2012 12:40:14 PM
The LEGEND NEVER DIES!!
#96A_German_spyPosted 12/3/2012 10:54:37 PM
Ahriman posted...
Klobzi posted...

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that in Dark Souls you couldn't sprint while using Firestorm after swap.

This. It was worded somewhat confusingly I guess, but yeah- I was talking about Dark Souls' version of RFS being the one which doesn't allow you to sprint.

Incidentally, I'm fairly sure you can use the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring and the Symbol of Avarice to boost the souls from a SL711 player kill to something like 1,200,000. Haven't been able to test it yet and it may be that the ring and the mimic head don't affect soul gain from other players, but I seem to remember getting about that many souls in the forest once while I had both pieces of equipment on. Maybe someone else can confirm?
---
"A crouton is like a party, in your mouth." - DuneMan
http://www.youtube.com/user/AGermanSpy
#97Ceadeus_Posted 12/4/2012 8:04:03 PM
A_German_spy posted...
Ahriman posted...
Klobzi posted...

This. It was worded somewhat confusingly I guess, but yeah- I was talking about Dark Souls' version of RFS being the one which doesn't allow you to sprint.

Incidentally, I'm fairly sure you can use the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring and the Symbol of Avarice to boost the souls from a SL711 player kill to something like 1,200,000. Haven't been able to test it yet and it may be that the ring and the mimic head don't affect soul gain from other players, but I seem to remember getting about that many souls in the forest once while I had both pieces of equipment on. Maybe someone else can confirm?

Both those equipments work together. The restriction pertaining to the head gear was matching it up with the gold serphant ring.
---
I'm a wise ELDER Dragon. Why else do I have a WHITE BEARD and am EASY TO KILL.
#98Crimson681Posted 12/4/2012 8:10:39 PM
I love it. I was getting bored with this game, and now I'm interested again. Hope they never patch it, and then everyone just has to deal with it.