Thoughts on the BK weapons?

#1Zeru64Posted 12/3/2012 8:28:30 PM
Topic remade since the title was a bit misleading.

Well, I have them all now, but only the sword is reinforced at all.

I mean, stylistically, I like the Black Knight Greatsword the best, but I hear it's pretty bad(Although, I don't PvP much, so dunno if it matters a ton ultimately.). :P

So yeah, just wondering what you guys think of 'em.
---
o]-{
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
#2MatrixAndrAIaPosted 12/3/2012 8:59:47 PM
I like the BKGA for PvE and PvP because of its ease of use. As long as you're not R1 mashing, the only way you're going to parried is if someone gets lucky and blind parries you. It does a ton of damage and it has a nice arc for both the one and two handed R1 attacks. It doesn't have heavy requirements to use and the weight isn't killer. Sometimes I use other weapons in PvE just because the BKGA swings a little too slow for certain battles.

I've seen youtube videos of fools R1 mashing and getting parried left and right, but that normally only happens when you're doing the continuous combo. If you vary your swing times then you're a force to be reckoned with. Love it.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#37Nitro7Blazer7Posted 12/3/2012 9:01:36 PM
For PvE use whatever you like.

As for the BK greatsword, it's fine for PvP, just don't use any of the R2 attacks ever, and try to use the range / don't be predictable with R1's or you'll get backstabbed.
---
I'm a real Porcupine and I have sharp Quills!
The Infamous Cap'n Ennbeard!
#4Zeru64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:04:27 PM
7Nitro7Blazer7 posted...

As for the BK greatsword, it's fine for PvP, just don't use any of the R2 attacks ever, and try to use the range / don't be predictable with R1's or you'll get backstabbed.

I've seen some videos where the BK Greatsword R2 was used for oki, and it was pretty amusing. But then again, it was a troll video in Sen's Fortress, so eh.

That's the weird thing, though. I've never gotten backstabbed while R1ing. Maybe I just haven't fought anyone good yet, but the only time I seem to get backstabbed is through teleports. :V
---
o]-{
#5JameJame456xxPosted 12/3/2012 9:07:42 PM
BKGS is absolutely viable for both PvP and PvE. It can crush high poise in one or two sings and does a fair amount of damage. The 2HR2 can sometimes be used in PvP if the enemy is getting up after a knockdown. This move is a faster version of the BKGA as well.
The BKGA is powerful in that it has a wide hitbox for its 1H R1's. Just don't spam it in PvP as its quite easy to parry once someone gets the pattern down. 2HR1's for this weapon are good too.
BKS was my starting weapon after a nice phantom gave it to me. I used it for half of my game until I got a BKGA.
---
PSN - JameJame456xx
Currently Playing: Warriors Orochi 3, Dead Space 2, Dark Souls
#6itrainpokemonPosted 12/3/2012 9:08:36 PM
BK weapons suck

but there not as bad as mcdonalds weapons
---
GT- sufinomo
dark souls
#7DevirukiPosted 12/3/2012 9:11:59 PM
I recently made a BKGS build for PvP.

The R2's are pretty good if you can time it right, I really like it. xD It's more of a challenge.
---
PSN: Deviruki MHTri: Wish PSO2JP: Deviruki/Casker
"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier." - Virginia
#8DevirukiPosted 12/3/2012 9:12:32 PM
Zeru64 posted...
7Nitro7Blazer7 posted...

I've seen some videos where the BK Greatsword R2 was used for oki, and it was pretty amusing. But then again, it was a troll video in Sen's Fortress, so eh.

That's the weird thing, though. I've never gotten backstabbed while R1ing. Maybe I just haven't fought anyone good yet, but the only time I seem to get backstabbed is through teleports. :V

Yeah, the R2's are good for Oki, I do it all the time.xD It's so fun to watch them fly.
---
PSN: Deviruki MHTri: Wish PSO2JP: Deviruki/Casker
"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier." - Virginia
#9SSJPabsPosted 12/3/2012 9:12:52 PM
BKH = Easy Mode Activated for PvE / Get Your Ass Kicked Mode for PvP.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#10Zeru64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:19:33 PM
Deviruki posted...
Zeru64 posted...
7Nitro7Blazer7 posted...

Yeah, the R2's are good for Oki, I do it all the time.xD It's so fun to watch them fly.

Yeah, even with the regular BKS, I caught quite a few people with wakeup R2s for nice damage. :>

Maybe it's me being crazy, but the BKGS seems to have a lot of turning ability on it's 2H R2. Maybe you can like, start it, luring people in for a backstab, then quickly turn and launch them. I mean, it's probably just ultimately a gimmick, but it seems like a possible way to screw with people who fish for rollbs, maybe.
---
o]-{