This Artorias of the Abyss DLC was so great....and sad :/ SPOILERS!!!!

#1FS_HUNKPosted 12/3/2012 11:08:09 PM
SPOILERS STOP READING IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED YET!

I'm really into the lore in this game, and i was hardcore into DeS both PvP and story.
And just... just seeing the bad ass good guy finally fall and be corrupt, knowing he sacrificed himself for his bestfriend </3, and you had to kill him in the end. Once a proud warrior now just a travesty of his former self. Then Ciaran who was paying her respects to her fallen lover :(
Epic boss fights! Depressing ending when you save princess Dusk...
idk. i shouldnt have killed Ciaran but i wanted her stuff on the first play through lmao...kinda took away from it but still it was sad how she loved him and...and yea ;=;
WORTH THE MONEY
---
"The butt kill is instant and if anything that should be removed." - Klobzi
PSN: WickedMeditation
#2SymphonicRainPosted 12/3/2012 11:14:56 PM
There's no reason to give Ciaran the soul, you can just look up her dialogue. Otherwise you lose out on the abyss greatsword and then Ciaran goes away.
I did think that Kalameet and the Sanctuary Guardian were the most fun boss battles in the entire game, though. Just wish it was longer, or cheaper. 10 is a bit much for DLC that was as short as this, but oh well.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#3GrowshroomPosted 12/3/2012 11:18:55 PM
Marvelous Chester, aka best voice acting in the game.
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#4BosSBaerPosted 12/3/2012 11:25:07 PM
DLC was the great.
---
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz
#5FS_HUNK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:05:12 AM
The chesters voice acting was cool aha i was like WHY CANT I HAE HIS VOICE O_O
---
"The butt kill is instant and if anything that should be removed." - Klobzi
PSN: WickedMeditation
#6Proudleaf24Posted 12/4/2012 12:20:28 AM
With quality DLC like this, if they did make something else, you can bet I'd buy it in a second.

I'm sure 95% of the community would agree too.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#7Number4RocketPosted 12/4/2012 12:36:15 AM
I would think that by now people would realize there are no good guys in DkS.

There are people who are just trying to live their lives, and then there are those who seek power/to hold onto power and those serving under them.
#8Proudleaf24Posted 12/4/2012 1:52:28 AM
Number4Rocket posted...
I would think that by now people would realize there are no good guys in DkS.

There are people who are just trying to live their lives, and then there are those who seek power/to hold onto power and those serving under them.

Reah, the Pyromancer dude, Dusk, and Andre are all good people with absolutely no other real motive than to help or teach you.

Trying to live out your life does not prevent you from helping or looking after others. Altruism exists for a reason.
---
#9Number4RocketPosted 12/4/2012 1:59:47 AM
Andre smiths. He is "good" if you define good as doing no harm, sure. He is no "transcendent" level of goodness, akin to the good v. evil trope - the whole "side of good" shindig.

Rhea is a friggin' graverobber for one, but her along with Pyromancer Dude, and Dusk all feel indebted to you for saving them and are returning the favor. Again, if you're defining good by "living life in a way that does no harm to others", most of the NPCs are "good" until they hollow (and at that point they can't really be called themselves anymore anyway).

It's pretty evident the "good" that was brought up is the heroic kind of good, not your everyday "just living mah life hoping not to die" good.
#10Proudleaf24Posted 12/4/2012 2:15:41 AM
Number4Rocket posted...
Andre smiths. He is "good" if you define good as doing no harm, sure. He is no "transcendent" level of goodness, akin to the good v. evil trope - the whole "side of good" shindig.

Rhea is a friggin' graverobber for one, but her along with Pyromancer Dude, and Dusk all feel indebted to you for saving them and are returning the favor. Again, if you're defining good by "living life in a way that does no harm to others", most of the NPCs are "good" until they hollow (and at that point they can't really be called themselves anymore anyway).

It's pretty evident the "good" that was brought up is the heroic kind of good, not your everyday "just living mah life hoping not to die" good.

The definition of "Hero" is subjective. If it's the traditional, mythological definition, then you could argue that the player could be the hero. But if it's the more secular, social definition, one could argue that any of these characters are "Heros" because they help the player. Obviously FromSoft wants the lines between good and evil to be as blurred as possible, but they also want you to assume whatever perspective of the characters you so choose.
---