I say this without having played Demon's Souls at all.

#1MosgusPosted 12/4/2012 3:45:41 AM
Of everything I know in DkS, I just saw a video of the Keel Smasher, and I gotta say, I don't know how anyone can complain about anything being OP in this game when that monster existed.

The guy's Curse Weapon wears off and he still drops a 855 rolling attack one handed. O_o
#2GrowshroomPosted 12/4/2012 4:00:13 AM
Dragon Bone/Keel Smasher was so good in Demon's that FromSoft had to collectively nerf the hell out of Strength weapons in Dark to even the cosmic balance.
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#3Mosgus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 4:15:18 AM
Growshroom posted...
Dragon Bone/Keel Smasher was so good in Demon's that FromSoft had to collectively nerf the hell out of Strength weapons in Dark to even the cosmic balance.
The more I see it, the more I have to agree.

Just. . .getting hit with it is so brutal.

You don't get hit like that in DkS. You don't get literal hang-time as you're flung through the air effortlessly.

The range. . .the damage. . .the heft. . .and it's not even THAT slow. Some attacks even look like they come out a little quick for the large weapon families!
#4ultimate-archerPosted 12/4/2012 4:30:55 AM
I MISS YOU KEEL SMASHER I MISS YOU!!!!
---
"I mean, he's the ultimate archer for god's sake. >_>" -LavaEdge324
#5Parsl5kPosted 12/4/2012 5:56:39 AM
Shields shut most of the DBS' attacks down. Also, Great Axe type weapons could counter a lot of the swings because of hyperarmor. But you're right- strength weapons were really good in Demon's. Were they too good? I'm not sure about that. I just know I enjoyed using both dexterity and strength weapons equally in that game.
#6BoukePosted 12/4/2012 6:04:07 AM
I loved the DBS so much ;_;
---
PSN: RiverChaucer3rd, Pawn: Mina (Level oo) [Sorceress] *Max magic*
PSN: Brynhild1st, Pawn: Farnese (Level oo) [Ranger with Bezel Crown] Send FR for free hires
#7shadowsofdawnPosted 12/4/2012 7:01:55 AM
Not really a fair comparison, becuase everything was more powerful in DS; they had to be since everybody had a ton of grass and second chance. I always preferred the cursed great axe over the DBS, but not doubt that thing hurt, and it had a stupidly large hitbox on the WD R1.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#8PHoToS999Posted 12/4/2012 7:07:07 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Not really a fair comparison, becuase everything was more powerful in DS; they had to be since everybody had a ton of grass and second chance. I always preferred the cursed great axe over the DBS, but not doubt that thing hurt, and it had a stupidly large hitbox on the WD R1.

Except for spears. They're better in dark souls, imo.
That being said, pfs plus scraping spear means death for almost any heavy weapon user. If it's used well, that is. Also, lag is more reliable in demons. Once I got the feel of it, I was dodging perfectly a second after the image and getting those perfect I-frames.

The next game needs to be more like demons souls.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#9shadowsofdawnPosted 12/4/2012 7:09:33 AM
PHoToS999 posted...

The next game needs to be more like demons souls.

+1, as far as game mechanics go.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#10SolidKnightPosted 12/4/2012 7:22:13 AM
Scraping spear was also a fun way to annoy katana users. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Your weapon is now broke.