Am I the only one....(serious question)

#31Aporia_MagePosted 12/5/2012 7:27:58 AM(edited)
I agree there are some structural parallels, but I'm not yet convinced that your identifying these is especially meaningful.

On another note, I always felt that Lordran was rather like the structure of mind that Freud describes in Civilization and its Discontents - a place that contains present and at once all of its past "stages".

I think it would be a mistake to suggest that From included the ideas you discussed in such a specific and deliberate manner.

---
PSN & GT: alainvey
#32Chrome_AdaPosted 12/5/2012 9:23:34 AM
mkshifteuphoria posted...
Purification posted...
I think a lot of philosophers can easily work with the game and find a lot of deep meanings and enlightenment, as I have. Anyone else think this way?

No. In this case you are definitely the only one.

Also, people aren't laughing at the specifics of Anti-Positivist Logic, I think they're laughing because you sound so pretentious.

Well said.
---
Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.--TOOL, "Right in Two"
#33Number4RocketPosted 12/5/2012 9:23:47 AM
Aporia_Mage posted...

I think it would be a mistake to suggest that From included the ideas you discussed in such a specific and deliberate manner.

As I said before, I don't agree at all with TC and find his analysis inane, but authorial intent is worth ****.
#34replicax77Posted 12/5/2012 10:31:09 AM
I think it's completely obvious that ......

OOOHHHH!!! Piece of candy!
---
Fortune and glory kid. Fortune and glory.