Should I get the DLC?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Should I get the DLC?
4 years ago#1
Does the DLC really worth it? Does it impact the main game in terms of gameplay?or I can just ignore it and just play the main game?Will I miss some epic armor?weapon?or in disadvantage position if I don't get the DLC?

I just deleted my level 140 faith knight and I wanted to start the game again,but I'm thinking whether the DLC worth it or not,because if it worth it I will buy the complete edition of the game before I start a new game
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
4 years ago#2
No you will be disappointed and wonder constantly about what that 15$ could have went towards instead...
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
4 years ago#3
i ll wait !

maybe they fix the flickering bug! then i am in!
4 years ago#4
I got it, I'd buy it again... You don't need it though.
R1R1R1R1R1R1
4 years ago#5
If you haven't finished the game yet, I'd finish and then decide. Personally, I really like the dlc. It is excellent, but I've gone through the game quite a few times, so something new is great for me.

Especially for fashion souls. I enjoy looking like a badass with dat bloated head and Chester coat.

Derp Edit: if you enjoy cool armor, sweet weapons and crazy bosses, get it. The areas are some of the best in the game and the hidden stuff is fun.
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
4 years ago#6
If you love Dark Souls then yes get it. $15 is a little steep but I would've paid more to get new content for this game.
4 years ago#7
I'd recommend it, gives some more context around characters like Gough and Artorias. Enemies, I felt, were more aggressive in the DLC areas than in other areas in the game (which is a good thing).

As mentioned before, there are some cool armor pieces to pick up as well as weapons too. I personally am decked out in full Chester gear and perma smiling wherever I go.

It was worth it to me.
4 years ago#8
bats17 posted...
If you love Dark Souls then yes get it. $15 is a little steep but I would've paid more to get new content for this game.

I agree 100%. The DLC is really more of the same, so if you love the game, get it. I do find it a bit tougher than the regular part of the game though--bosses are more aggressive, and mobs get pulled in groups, so you can get overwhelmed if you're not careful. If you've bought the game within the past 6 months or so, it goes for around $19 new, so even with the DLC, it's relatively cheap for a great game.

UFE
4 years ago#9
It's worth it if you really like Dark Souls.
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
4 years ago#10
is the save transferable from dark souls to prepare to die edition (physical copy)?
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Should I get the DLC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived