Should I get the DLC?

#1doraemonllh1989Posted 12/4/2012 5:15:39 AM(edited)
Does the DLC really worth it? Does it impact the main game in terms of gameplay?or I can just ignore it and just play the main game?Will I miss some epic armor?weapon?or in disadvantage position if I don't get the DLC?

I just deleted my level 140 faith knight and I wanted to start the game again,but I'm thinking whether the DLC worth it or not,because if it worth it I will buy the complete edition of the game before I start a new game
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#2hemphoarderPosted 12/4/2012 5:46:14 AM
No you will be disappointed and wonder constantly about what that 15$ could have went towards instead...
---
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#3brumeyPosted 12/4/2012 5:57:41 AM
i ll wait !

maybe they fix the flickering bug! then i am in!
#4R1masherPosted 12/4/2012 6:03:00 AM
I got it, I'd buy it again... You don't need it though.
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#5PHoToS999Posted 12/4/2012 6:13:13 AM(edited)
If you haven't finished the game yet, I'd finish and then decide. Personally, I really like the dlc. It is excellent, but I've gone through the game quite a few times, so something new is great for me.

Especially for fashion souls. I enjoy looking like a badass with dat bloated head and Chester coat.

Derp Edit: if you enjoy cool armor, sweet weapons and crazy bosses, get it. The areas are some of the best in the game and the hidden stuff is fun.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#6bats17Posted 12/4/2012 7:20:45 AM
If you love Dark Souls then yes get it. $15 is a little steep but I would've paid more to get new content for this game.
#7cityyankee24Posted 12/4/2012 8:10:09 AM
I'd recommend it, gives some more context around characters like Gough and Artorias. Enemies, I felt, were more aggressive in the DLC areas than in other areas in the game (which is a good thing).

As mentioned before, there are some cool armor pieces to pick up as well as weapons too. I personally am decked out in full Chester gear and perma smiling wherever I go.

It was worth it to me.
#8UFE9999Posted 12/4/2012 8:26:54 AM
bats17 posted...
If you love Dark Souls then yes get it. $15 is a little steep but I would've paid more to get new content for this game.

I agree 100%. The DLC is really more of the same, so if you love the game, get it. I do find it a bit tougher than the regular part of the game though--bosses are more aggressive, and mobs get pulled in groups, so you can get overwhelmed if you're not careful. If you've bought the game within the past 6 months or so, it goes for around $19 new, so even with the DLC, it's relatively cheap for a great game.
---

UFE
#9Vidius101Posted 12/4/2012 1:22:33 PM
It's worth it if you really like Dark Souls.
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#10doraemonllh1989(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:02:24 AM
is the save transferable from dark souls to prepare to die edition (physical copy)?
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)