What do your friends think about this game?

#21BloatflyPosted 12/4/2012 9:27:06 AM
I know 3 people that play DkS irl. Then I also have some friends that don't even want to play the game because they can't stand the idea of using a controller
#22moodyjm2Posted 12/4/2012 9:30:12 AM
Got my co-worker addicted. He's become quite good.

I have one other gaming co-worker and he is a lost puppy - all he plays is CoD and he's not even remotely good. He won't even respond to emails about other games.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Behold, the Master Sorcerer Knight: http://mmdks.com/9l6
#23Ireland_FTWPosted 12/4/2012 9:58:16 AM
That its a button masher that's worse than runescape.
---
'I blew really really hard' - Link_AJ
I drew this picture: http://i.imgur.com/aWxzd.jpg
#24cucumberkingPosted 12/4/2012 11:10:29 AM
My friend makes it to the Gargoyle's and quits, claiming he has a good build he's going to try next. He insists on being a duelwielding barbarian. He says pyromancy and shields are "gay."
Basically he is never going to get anywhere because until he learns the games mechanics, he should use a more basic type of character. My duel claw run was wayyyyy harder than my SL4 run because duel wielding is a heck of a lot harder than using a shield.
#25Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 12/4/2012 11:13:40 AM
All my friends (who have a PS3) have all played through the game and enjoyed it.
#26Coast2coastPosted 12/4/2012 12:00:48 PM
Only have 1 friend that used to play it. He got as far as Capra demon.

He kept warning me how impossible Capra is. When I told him I beat him on my first try he said it couldn't be done.
#27Titanite-DemonPosted 12/4/2012 12:01:26 PM
First, he said it looked like any average RPG. He also says RPGs suck.

Well, he's a pixel-stacking CoD Xbox nerd. Go figure.

Then he said it looked pretty good after looking at more stuff, but still hates RPGs. See above.
---
Armed to the teeth with energy cannons, katanas and assault rifles...
#28RegalX7Posted 12/4/2012 12:02:13 PM
They say they'd definitely play it if it were easier.
---
SoloAce00: "I'm getting sick of hearing you bash us for saying M ratings make the game good."
#29_EggplantWizardPosted 12/4/2012 12:18:33 PM
I convinced a friend of mine to rent it, and try it out. He absolutely hated it. He thought it was too hard/ unforgiving. ...so he went back to playing Skyrim.
---
Currently playing Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Minecraft, Secret of Mana, and Wild Guns.
#30m415mikePosted 12/4/2012 12:30:14 PM
One of my friends came over to pick me up while I was playing it, he walked in the room and immediately said, "Ew, that's wrong with this game? It looks so bad."

My other friend is insanely impressed that I manage to still be playing it whenever he walks in the door. I piqued his interest enough that he wanted to give it a try. He really liked it, and with my guidance, managed to make it to the Taurus demon. However, he wanted me to stop giving him advice, and has never made it past the Taurus demon.

It's pretty interesting being able to compare skill over time. He was actually better at the game than I was when I first started. He decided to take a nap after being stuck at the Taurus demon, so I decided to start a new character. In the same amount of time he spent playing, I made it all the way to S&O.