Curved greatswords? How do?

#1Coast2coastPosted 12/4/2012 10:31:37 AM
I don't really understand the appeal of curved greatswords. I was messing around with server for a bit and was pretty disappointed. It's r1 attacks seem to have a very short range. High stamina drain, and very high str requirement for a dex scaling weapon.

What exactly is the point in making a curved greatswords build? Where does the advantage lie?
#2WayWardFelixPosted 12/4/2012 10:44:14 AM(edited)
It lies In........idk tbh.
Just use the weapons YOU like and manage your stats to strengthen them.
I like BKGS(Maxwell) And Demon Machete(Maria). I've Even given them names.:]
---
I like this sig (._. )
#3caramel_codPosted 12/4/2012 11:17:40 AM
Murakumo and Gravelord Sword are good, decent stunlock, but they don't beat out most other weapons with their requirements in anything other than style. Except the jumping attacks, those are pretty awesome.
#4PHoToS999Posted 12/4/2012 11:17:59 AM
The Server is the crappy version of the Murakumo. That's not to say I don't use the server from time to time. I like the health steal it has.

But the Mura has some really great attacks. The r1 hits behind you for both 1h and 2h, the running r1 comes out very quickly and has excellent range, as does the 1h r2.
And excellent damage. If you can get the timing, then it's really excellent.

It's like the Lucerne of Curved Swords.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#5typhone004Posted 12/4/2012 11:18:37 AM
That marukumo in a strong build does some massive damage.
#6aneed4peedPosted 12/4/2012 11:30:41 AM

Lucerne is uncomparable. Nothing even comes close to the ridiculousness of that weapon.

Wait... actually I believe the 2h R1>R1>R1 combos of Demon's Souls ultra greatswords might just come close enough to be comparable to the Lucerne's R1s.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#7EWGFPosted 12/4/2012 11:36:10 AM
aneed4peed posted...

Lucerne is uncomparable. Nothing even comes close to the ridiculousness of that weapon.

Wait... actually I believe the 2h R1>R1>R1 combos of Demon's Souls ultra greatswords might just come close enough to be comparable to the Lucerne's R1s.

Worst moves of all time you mean? I don't even know where the hitbox on the 2nd swing is... in front of you... behind you... terrible.
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#8IDontWinMuchPosted 12/4/2012 11:47:01 AM
I've always liked the psychological effect that greatswords and ultra greatswords bring to the table. I remember in Demon Souls few things made you less certain of a PvP outcome than a guy walking slowly toward you with a buffed Dragon Bone Smasher on his shoulder.

Like others said the Murakumo is good. Play it with lockoff to punish backstab fails. Flattening opponents with 2H overheads is funny and unless they are wearing full Havel's you will guard break in a few swings.
#9Coast2coast(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:47:55 AM
Lol so the server is just a crappy mura? I didn't even bother with the mura since I thought the move set would be the same and the str requirement is even higher.
#10AdethPosted 12/4/2012 12:08:56 PM
Dead-angling and stunlocking in PVP were the main uses I had for it. It wasn't very useful in PVE.