Strength Weapons!

#11SSJPabsPosted 12/4/2012 6:38:04 PM(edited)
JameJame456xx posted...
How do you effectively use the BKH anyway? I find its scaling to be meh and its attack speed meh as well.
Running R1s is the best option I've found. I really love the weapon, but it's not something you want in dedicated PvP.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#12nmbuserPosted 12/4/2012 6:41:04 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Steel_Vodka posted...
tln posted...
I would use neither of them. Great Club, Large Club and Black Knight Halberd are the top strength weapons IMO. The Zweihander isn't even a strength weapon since it requires a lot of DEX if you want good damage from a +15 version of it.

Is the large club any good for pvp?

Eh. It hits hard but it's slow. I lose more often than I win with my club monkey...

I think everyone who uses STR weapons loses more often than they win
---
Gamertag: NUM83R54R3C00L (those are zero's)
#13JameJame456xxPosted 12/4/2012 6:48:35 PM
SSJPabs posted...
JameJame456xx posted...
How do you effectively use the BKH anyway? I find its scaling to be meh and its attack speed meh as well.
Running R1s is the best option I've found. I really love the weapon, but it's not something you want in dedicated PvP.

Okay. I'll give it a fourth try. BTW, running R1s are also the same as backstep R1 attacks.
---
PSN - JameJame456xx
Currently Playing: Warriors Orochi 3, Dead Space 2, Dark Souls
#14SSJPabsPosted 12/4/2012 7:21:43 PM
JameJame456xx posted...
Okay. I'll give it a fourth try. BTW, running R1s are also the same as backstep R1 attacks.
I believe so. 1 handing the halberd isn't really a thing, so just get to 22 strength then throw the rest into vit/end. To compensate for less mobility I use a mix of steel set/cleric set armor.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#15JameJame456xxPosted 12/4/2012 7:38:34 PM
SSJPabs posted...
JameJame456xx posted...
I believe so. 1 handing the halberd isn't really a thing, so just get to 22 strength then throw the rest into vit/end. To compensate for less mobility I use a mix of steel set/cleric set armor.

Lol thnx but I don't need a build. I have 6 characters all in the 200+ range. I just didn't find any usefulness in the BKH even though I like the black knight weapons.
---
PSN - JameJame456xx
Currently Playing: Warriors Orochi 3, Dead Space 2, Dark Souls
#16Steel_Vodka(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:10:18 AM
Anyone have a spare large club? I've been farming the three infected barbarians at the entrance for the past three hours. But all I got from their drops where a whole bunch of dung pies :-/ My current soul level is 32, thank you in advance for any sort of help.....
---
PSN: Steel_Vodka
#17moodyjm2Posted 12/5/2012 9:12:09 AM
lucky_sharm19 posted...
tln posted...
I would use neither of them. Great Club, Large Club and Black Knight Halberd are the top strength weapons IMO. The Zweihander isn't even a strength weapon since it requires a lot of DEX if you want good damage from a +15 version of it.

Black Knight Halberd? Isn't that quality weapon?

Very very underated weapon.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Behold, the Master Sorcerer Knight: http://mmdks.com/9l6
#18Steel_Vodka(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:40:34 AM
Steel_Vodka posted...
Anyone have a spare large club? I've been farming the three infected barbarians at the entrance for the past three hours. But all I got from their drops where a whole bunch of dung pies :-/ My current soul level is 32, thank you in advance for any sort of help.....

I got two large clubs in one run.....typical @_@
---
PSN: Steel_Vodka
#19PHoToS999Posted 12/5/2012 9:55:06 AM
Steel_Vodka posted...
tln posted...

Large club is one of my favorite strength weapons.
And if you bs someone and immediately use the 2h r2, it'll connect for huge damage most of the time.

That 1h r2 though, it's awesome.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#20orphanjohnPosted 12/5/2012 10:39:56 AM
nmbuser posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
Steel_Vodka posted...
tln posted...

Eh. It hits hard but it's slow. I lose more often than I win with my club monkey...

I think everyone who uses STR weapons loses more often than they win

I win well over half my encounters.

MSGS ftw.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2