Next Souls game is a MMORPG.

#11MoonlightTrollPosted 12/5/2012 6:10:04 AM
Lol @ all of the negative reaction from people who have been playing this game for a year+
#12Coast2coastPosted 12/5/2012 6:15:17 AM
In order to appeal to a large group of people (the only way an mmo can survive) they will need to remove the exact thing that makes a souls game what we love. Steep learning curve and high difficulty.

Could you imagine if the game was an mmo right now how much crying there would be how the Anor Londo archers are "unfair"
#13moodyjm2Posted 12/5/2012 6:37:17 AM
MoonlightTroll posted...
Lol @ all of the negative reaction from people who have been playing this game for a year+

It's a valid response. Dark Souls oozes a special charm and individuality, something would be probably be lost as a MMORPG.

Also, the amount of tryhards would be off the charts. I always thought it was a stupid term, but not so much anymore. I don't feel like playing a game where the community lashes out on anyone that doesn't agree with the only viable builds according to the self-proclaimed Pro PvPers. That's what the Dark Souls PS3 forum is for :)
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Behold, the Master Sorcerer Knight: http://mmdks.com/9l6
#14AtrabiliousPosted 12/5/2012 6:39:38 AM
Time to show people what ganking really looks like.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Currently Frequenting: The Dark Souls & Dragon's Dogma Boards.
#15shadowsofdawnPosted 12/5/2012 7:01:35 AM
Atrabilious posted...
Time to show people what ganking really looks like.

17 man gank squads.

Trollin'.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#16Zasamel01Posted 12/5/2012 7:16:43 AM
Great idea as long as the map is Huge. It would be better imagine a 20 on 20 or 8vs8 pvp match would be epic.
#17Coast2coastPosted 12/5/2012 7:21:41 AM
Zasamel01 posted...
Great idea as long as the map is Huge. It would be better imagine a 20 on 20 or 8vs8 pvp match would be epic.

That would end up very boring because pvp would end up being nothing but sorcery. There's no way any amount of ninja flipping is going to save you from persuersx20 and dark beadx20.
#18Zasamel01Posted 12/5/2012 7:33:05 AM
Coast2coast posted...
Zasamel01 posted...

That would end up very boring because pvp would end up being nothing but sorcery. There's no way any amount of ninja flipping is going to save you from persuersx20 and dark beadx20.

vow of silence and greater magic barrier,also fog ring ,hidden body or the fact that u have to be close for them to go off.Or you could use a dragonslayer bow with hawk ring from distance or have two team mates one with twop on and the other with vos on.all of which are being guarded by havel shields fighters in front.etc...
#19Ireland_FTWPosted 12/5/2012 8:36:42 AM
No, all of the players would oogle at female avatars instead of play the game. That's what happens in every MMORPG. They'll try and ask them out on dates and stuff like that...dates in the game. >.>
---
'I blew really really hard' - Link_AJ
I drew this picture: http://i.imgur.com/aWxzd.jpg
#20Cvdf3Posted 12/5/2012 8:43:43 AM
Ireland_FTW posted...
No, all of the players would oogle at female avatars instead of play the game. That's what happens in every MMORPG. They'll try and ask them out on dates and stuff like that...dates in the game. >.>

So you're saying an MMO in-game prostitution ring would be lucrative...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.