Next Souls game is a MMORPG.

#31Fo_lc_usPosted 12/5/2012 10:38:28 AM
So the only way to invade would be to queue up with random people, then all invade at the same time in a world that has the same number of host/players?

From scaring people with 1v1 to 6v6 team death match. Yes, this will work, obviously this is what invasions are.

Or if it was an "everyone is friendly" environment, and you had to turn into an invader, everyone would just gang up on you.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#32LivesPosted 12/5/2012 10:42:25 AM
Already sorta is actually.....
#33TheJackylPosted 12/5/2012 8:33:21 PM
Fo_lc_us posted...
So the only way to invade would be to queue up with random people, then all invade at the same time in a world that has the same number of host/players?

My idea would be like this: Using the Red Eye Orb(or whatever item) will queue you, if you get queued for an instance with 5 Human players, you wouldn't enter until there are a total of 5 invaders queued(probably more if they have summons too 5v15 seems a bit too much, imo). If you queued for an instance with only 1 human player, you'll enter immediately.

Or if it was an "everyone is friendly" environment, and you had to turn into an invader, everyone would just gang up on you.

A few areas like the tutorial area and Firelink/The Nexus would be "sanctuary" locations.
---
Ah, good old blowing. It's the answer to so many of life's problems... Stupendous.. -tabion20
#34LuigiohPosted 12/5/2012 8:42:13 PM
*reacts*

*banned from gamefaqs*
---
32mg and declining keep it up man you can do this you want this
#35Awhsum-SaucePosted 12/5/2012 9:05:10 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. It's just that it will be difficult to encorporate PvE into this. Like if there are 400 people in anor londo, how will the AI work? Will the enemies be able to be attacked by everyone? I'm kinda liking the idea where only safe areas like Firelink or the Nexus would be MMO type, but it would still screw up the game. A mule trades over an elemental weapon to base level starter. He will rock PvE easily.

Btw if this happens, it'll probably turn into runescape >.>
I hope we don't want that.
---
PSN - AwhsumSauce
Tell me why you're adding me before you do, otherwise your friend request will be deleted.
#36ultronPosted 12/5/2012 9:29:07 PM
It wouldn't work as a wow-type mmo, but maybe more similar towards vindictus with lobbies and zones that players can venture off to.

-Up to 2-4 players can group up for starting zones, and the max party can change according to zone difficulty. You can go it solo if you want.
-Players can queue up for invasions, you'll be dropped into a random zone occupied by other players. This might end up with certain restrictions, SL or something, maybe as many invaders as there are players that entered the zone, so 4 people started the zone, up to 4 invaders can be dropped in to that map at a time. If you get defeated while invading others, you'll be sent back to previous location be it hubs or previous adventure zone.
-The central hubs will have different channel/instances to accommodate people as necessary, allowing switching to meet up with friends, trade, etc.
-Your progress enables you to unlock more hubs with higher quality facilities, tougher zones to explore.
-Special challenge bosses that requires community participation to take down, each group fighting their boss and the result is detracted from the main pool until the boss is truly dead. Similar to dragon's dogma's Ur dragon, it provides the challenge of the fight without mass banking the boss to win like standard MMOs and still allow mass amounts of players to participate.

Somewhat retains the PvE experience of exploring, fighting, and providing some MMO'ness to it.
#37GreatKiraLordPosted 12/5/2012 11:19:01 PM
with some hentai
#38KratierPosted 12/5/2012 11:22:04 PM
this game already is pretty much a grinding mmo, so there wouldnt be much difference, it just would be more regimented, or feature more grind
#39Cvdf3Posted 12/5/2012 11:55:36 PM
Kratier posted...
this game already is pretty much a grinding mmo, so there wouldnt be much difference, it just would be more regimented, or feature more grind

Why are you grinding?
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.