Help me salvage my first character

#1apo_piratePosted 12/6/2012 4:15:29 AM
I'm new to this game. Just got it a month ago, and have been playing it religiously. I might have screwed with my stats, so I need advise. Here's my character

Starting class: Knight
Level: 85
Vitality: 27 (hp: 1001)
Attunement: 14 (3 slot)
Endurance: 30 (stamina: 133, equip load: 105 with havel ring)
Strength: 24
Dexterity: 22
Resistance: 10 (base)
Intelligence: 9 (base)
Faith: 30 (for great lightning spear)

When I look at sample build from this forum, my character doesn't really fall in any of them, which got me worried. Which stat should I level up in order to be decent enough for pvp?

As for gears:
Balder side sword +15
Lightning Balder side sword +4 (weak)
Divine Sunlight straight sword +5
Fire Bastard sword +5
Divine claymore +10 (favorite)
Zweihander +15 (favorite)
Quelaag's furysword +5
Black bow of pharis +14
Elite Knight set +6
Black Iron Set
Paladin Set +5

Any suggestion on gears as well? These are my favorite
#2Scorex_VIIPosted 12/6/2012 4:18:52 AM
Im not exactly the best to say anything, but maybe you could try a quality build...? Those 30 points in faith, plus all that investment in STR and DEX dont look exciting tho, still, i think you can make it work.
---
Growing on you, right?
[PSK] Poder Lusitano!
#3tlnPosted 12/6/2012 4:32:06 AM(edited)
http://mmdks.com/ejo

Make a Claymore+15 and enchant it with Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade. You're just one stat point away from what I would call a standard quality/faith build. Use Mask of the Mother if you want more HP.
#4apo_pirate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 4:41:28 AM
tln posted...
http://mmdks.com/ejo

Make a Claymore+15 and enchant it with Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade. You're just one stat point away from what I would call a standard quality/faith build. Use Mask of the Mother if you want more HP.

Thanks, this build works. I can still use paladin set and mid-roll. Getting a slab for claymore is going to be hard. I've been farming darkwraith for hours an only get one,and I use it on Zweihander. 2 question, I just joint darkmoon covenant, can I still kill gwyndolin? Will I keep Ring of favor and protection on NG+?
#5tlnPosted 12/6/2012 4:48:44 AM
You keep everything in NG+. You can't use Darkmoon Blade if you kill Gwyndolin, but you can use Sunlight Blade. You don't have to use the Claymore+15 since you can basically use any DEX weapon as well. The Silver Knight Spear+5 is very good in PvP for example if you two-hand it and just poke from a distance.

For comparison, here is a min-maxed DEX/Faith build: http://mmdks.com/ejv

As you can see, it's not far from your own build.
#6brumeyPosted 12/6/2012 5:43:21 AM
your build is ok

good for C/C scaling weapins

maybe 27STR and 40 DEX twohand that claymore +15 and use SLB
#7apo_pirate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:50:41 AM
Thanks for that. I guess i screwed with too much str, just to one-hand zweihander. Its not even good for pvp (I've tried, maybe I'm not good enough). So balder sword still good. Wish I have 5 slot. Just got Wrath of god and its powerful.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go with the build you suggest. I'll try to get that slab, because I like the claymore. If it wasn't guarded by a big f**king dragon, I would have gotten it sooner. Now I'm off to duke's archives for the last lord soul. Or the painted world first....
#8snakesagePosted 12/6/2012 6:31:12 AM
power up your dex and use dragonslayer spear as it scales with faith and looks awesome.
#9apo_pirate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:00:18 AM
snakesage posted...
power up your dex and use dragonslayer spear as it scales with faith and looks awesome.

can't do that. I killed ornstein first