Help me salvage my first character

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Help me salvage my first character
2 years ago#1
I'm new to this game. Just got it a month ago, and have been playing it religiously. I might have screwed with my stats, so I need advise. Here's my character

Starting class: Knight
Level: 85
Vitality: 27 (hp: 1001)
Attunement: 14 (3 slot)
Endurance: 30 (stamina: 133, equip load: 105 with havel ring)
Strength: 24
Dexterity: 22
Resistance: 10 (base)
Intelligence: 9 (base)
Faith: 30 (for great lightning spear)

When I look at sample build from this forum, my character doesn't really fall in any of them, which got me worried. Which stat should I level up in order to be decent enough for pvp?

As for gears:
Balder side sword +15
Lightning Balder side sword +4 (weak)
Divine Sunlight straight sword +5
Fire Bastard sword +5
Divine claymore +10 (favorite)
Zweihander +15 (favorite)
Quelaag's furysword +5
Black bow of pharis +14
Elite Knight set +6
Black Iron Set
Paladin Set +5

Any suggestion on gears as well? These are my favorite
2 years ago#2
Im not exactly the best to say anything, but maybe you could try a quality build...? Those 30 points in faith, plus all that investment in STR and DEX dont look exciting tho, still, i think you can make it work.
---
Growing on you, right?
[PSK] Poder Lusitano!
2 years ago#3
http://mmdks.com/ejo

Make a Claymore+15 and enchant it with Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade. You're just one stat point away from what I would call a standard quality/faith build. Use Mask of the Mother if you want more HP.
(edited by tln)
2 years ago#4
tln posted...
http://mmdks.com/ejo

Make a Claymore+15 and enchant it with Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade. You're just one stat point away from what I would call a standard quality/faith build. Use Mask of the Mother if you want more HP.

Thanks, this build works. I can still use paladin set and mid-roll. Getting a slab for claymore is going to be hard. I've been farming darkwraith for hours an only get one,and I use it on Zweihander. 2 question, I just joint darkmoon covenant, can I still kill gwyndolin? Will I keep Ring of favor and protection on NG+?
2 years ago#5
You keep everything in NG+. You can't use Darkmoon Blade if you kill Gwyndolin, but you can use Sunlight Blade. You don't have to use the Claymore+15 since you can basically use any DEX weapon as well. The Silver Knight Spear+5 is very good in PvP for example if you two-hand it and just poke from a distance.

For comparison, here is a min-maxed DEX/Faith build: http://mmdks.com/ejv

As you can see, it's not far from your own build.
2 years ago#6
your build is ok

good for C/C scaling weapins

maybe 27STR and 40 DEX twohand that claymore +15 and use SLB
2 years ago#7
Thanks for that. I guess i screwed with too much str, just to one-hand zweihander. Its not even good for pvp (I've tried, maybe I'm not good enough). So balder sword still good. Wish I have 5 slot. Just got Wrath of god and its powerful.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go with the build you suggest. I'll try to get that slab, because I like the claymore. If it wasn't guarded by a big f**king dragon, I would have gotten it sooner. Now I'm off to duke's archives for the last lord soul. Or the painted world first....
2 years ago#8
power up your dex and use dragonslayer spear as it scales with faith and looks awesome.
2 years ago#9
snakesage posted...
power up your dex and use dragonslayer spear as it scales with faith and looks awesome.

can't do that. I killed ornstein first
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Help me salvage my first character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived