best weapon to use on four kings

#1juskurPosted 12/7/2012 11:58:37 AM
I can't do a darn bit of damage to one before the second one appears. By the time the first one dies, the other three are all over the place and the battle is already lost. I've watched the youtube videos and read the posts on here but I'm having zero luck beating these guys. I have an occult halberd i favored for a while but lately i've been using a silver knight sword+2 (210) and it's prety sweet for most enemies but not the four kings. I also have a divine axe+1 and I just got gravelord sword. Should I spend the time making a crystal weapon? Would that help? Also, just found vamos and a wheel skeleton rolled in and as I was attacking it, I hit vamos and he decided to fight me so i killed him. Hope that doesn't have too adverse an effect...
---
jk24-
#2MrSmi7hPosted 12/7/2012 12:07:52 PM
Crystal? just upgrade what you have first...

An occult weapon is like a divine weapon + 5, you knew that? upgrade that occult halberd to the max and you will be fine, the materials are in the tombs of giants.
#3dantedeschain13Posted 12/7/2012 12:38:44 PM
What is your armor? I found out after like 4 different characters that the 4 kings fight is crazy easy if you use heavier armor (more poise). I usually rolled lighter guys and always had a really hard time until my recent Artorias build where I steamrolled through them
#4Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 12/7/2012 12:58:58 PM
If you can use the Gravelord Sword, try upgrading it to +5. If you kill all the Titanite Demons in the Catacombs, before Darkroot Garden, the bottom of Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo, you can fully upgrade it... and it's quite powerful.

You could also try upgrading the Silver Knight Sword in Anor Londo with Twinkling Titanite. If you don't have the souls, try being summoned to help kill S&O. Easy way to get the souls you need.

Or, of course, you can just stick with your preferred/best weapon. That tends to be the best strategy.

And, for the record, crystal weapons cannot be upgraded or repaired... so I highly reccomend you not forge one.
#5DemonSoulLokiPosted 12/7/2012 1:17:36 PM
Ryan_SilverFox posted...
If you can use the Gravelord Sword, try upgrading it to +5. If you kill all the Titanite Demons in the Catacombs, before Darkroot Garden, the bottom of Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo, you can fully upgrade it... and it's quite powerful.

You could also try upgrading the Silver Knight Sword in Anor Londo with Twinkling Titanite. If you don't have the souls, try being summoned to help kill S&O. Easy way to get the souls you need.

Or, of course, you can just stick with your preferred/best weapon. That tends to be the best strategy.

And, for the record, crystal weapons cannot be upgraded or repaired... so I highly reccomend you not forge one.

Fyi Crystal weapons can be upgraded to +5 but they cannot be be repaired on a general basis nor be broken down; only by upgrading it each time will reset the durability
---
Effort gives confident in oneself as Pride does not equal ability. ~DemonSoulLoki
#6juskur(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:14:14 PM
thanks, yo! Lots of good info. I've got a couple of good options for weapons now but I think the best tip was about poise. I cast iron flesh but the four kings are able to break my guard anyway while I'm casting pyromancy spells. I'll try armor with better poise and then look at upgrading the gravelord sword. TONS of souls to be had in the tomb of the giants! And thanks for the tip to drop a summoning sign. :)
---
jk24-
#7juskur(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 7:20:25 PM
I spent most of the day grinding in the painted world and I leveled my strength 10 times, created a lightning battle axe, an occult halberd +4, queelaags fury sword, greatshield of artorias, silver knight sword +5, and I can get two kings in before I die. I changed my armor to raise my poise but ultimately, I am getting nowhere regardless of what I do. My only thought now is that I should level grind my faith parameter so that my occult halberd does more damage. These videos on youtube of dudes hitting the kings for 400+hp damage per strike must be with the help of some serious humanity or intelligence parameters. If I could only find a summon sign and get a little help on this one. I'm currently stuck on the kings and I've been to gravelord but went back to grinding so I could focus on the kings. It's my first playthrough and I love the challenge level but the kings are just ridiculous. Even the hydra wasn't this hard the first time i fought it down in ash lake and that was the most difficult challenge in the game so far for me. Other than the black knight snipers in anor londo
---
jk24-
#8MatrixAndrAIaPosted 12/8/2012 7:45:48 PM(edited)
For NG I used the Demon's Spear +5. It's fast and it does a decent amount of damage, so it's a great choice. Not sure how well it would work since elemental weapons were nerfed in 1.06, but I would assume it's still good.

In NG+10 onward I've always used the Iaito +15 buffed with Sunlight Blade because it's a fast weapon.

Tip - use the fastest weapon you can find, upgraded, and possibly buffed with Gold Pine Resin.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#9hawk240Posted 12/8/2012 8:34:15 PM
Use power within, ditch iron flesh. Almost any maxed elemental, +15 or +5 twink/demon/dragon weapon is strong enough. I wouldn't summon Beatrice for the fight though, she doesn't really do enough damage to counter the HP increase. At least not for me anyway, maybe if your TMK :D
---
PSN ID: sabre187
#10juskur(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:55:09 PM
Thanks for the concise information. I will try the weapons recommended. I am close on a few maxed weapons and I will not be summon beatrice. Good point.

Power within, huh? Have it but I have never used it. I will experiment with that one. This community is very helpful
---
jk24-