Dark Souls 2 Announced at VGAs

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Dark Souls 2 Announced at VGAs
4 years ago#31
I was thinking;

"Awesome! Another Dark Souls expansion! .... Wait, that sounds too good to be true, maybe the Dragon's Dogma expansion...."

And then Dark Souls 2 appeared! I think I might have died for a second there.
You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!
-Montblanc/FFTA
4 years ago#32
Worth noting: No publisher, platform or developer info. We can assume it'll be From, but it could be next gen and Atlus/Namco/someone else.

The world itself looks similar to ancient Lordran, as seen in the DkS intro video.
4 years ago#33
Dark souls 2? Dunno about that title, implies this is going to be a direct sequel unless they are turning it into an entirely new series separate from Demon souls.

Trailer wasn't very dark and gritty, looked too much like Skyrim. D:
4 years ago#34
Flareth posted...
I was thinking;

"Awesome! Another Dark Souls expansion! .... Wait, that sounds too good to be true, maybe the Dragon's Dogma expansion...."

I had the same reaction... Alba's comments made it sounds like it would be Dark Souls. The video started and I was like "Skyrim...? Wait, that doesn't have brutal difficulty... Dragon's Dogma...?" I thought it might be DS based on the guy's helmet looking a little like the stone knight helm. Then that bridge in the mist...
4 years ago#35
Flareth posted...
I was thinking;

I had the same reaction... Alba's comments made it sounds like it would be Dark Souls. The video started and I was like "Skyrim...? Wait, that doesn't have brutal difficulty... Dragon's Dogma...?" I thought it might be DS based on the guy's helmet looking a little like the stone knight helm. Then that bridge in the mist...

When the narrator said "you are an Undead" I immediately though of Dark Souls but I never expected a sequel.
[=[3DS]=] (+.[VITA].::)
[o+[__].::]
4 years ago#36
Bueno.
HosakaSenpai
I'm doing science so hard right now.
4 years ago#37
Dude RXZR0 just pointed out that you can see the big crow nest in the video except its tipped over
"The guns are balanced enough that no single one will make you better. You just have to suck less to be better."- SupahSkull
4 years ago#38
http://cdn.head-fi.org/0/0a/0a0f7179_tear_joy.jpg
Pre-Patch: NERF BKGA, DWGR, and BACKSTABS!
Post Patch:The game is meant for you to exploit!
4 years ago#39
There were a few things come to think of it, that gave it away as being a new Souls game:

1) The way the blade sounded when taking it out of the ground.

2) The bonfire like kneeling of the character

3) And the dragon looked very much like a Souls dragon (jewel/eye on head?) at the end of the trailer.
PSN ID: MattZR1_81
DkS - SL175 (NG++), SL132 / DS - SL140 (NG++)
4 years ago#40
F yes! Cannot wait!

http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer
Yes, Final Fantasy XII is my favorite of the series.
Not Changing this until Zone of the Enders 3 is announced. 2/26/08
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Dark Souls 2 Announced at VGAs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived