Dark Souls 2 Announced at VGAs

#31FlarethPosted 12/7/2012 8:04:02 PM
I was thinking;

"Awesome! Another Dark Souls expansion! .... Wait, that sounds too good to be true, maybe the Dragon's Dogma expansion...."

And then Dark Souls 2 appeared! I think I might have died for a second there.
---
You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!
-Montblanc/FFTA
#32caramel_cod(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 8:05:23 PM
Worth noting: No publisher, platform or developer info. We can assume it'll be From, but it could be next gen and Atlus/Namco/someone else.

The world itself looks similar to ancient Lordran, as seen in the DkS intro video.
#33KGhaleonPosted 12/7/2012 8:06:25 PM
Dark souls 2? Dunno about that title, implies this is going to be a direct sequel unless they are turning it into an entirely new series separate from Demon souls.

Trailer wasn't very dark and gritty, looked too much like Skyrim. D:
#34SteamyPunkPosted 12/7/2012 8:07:00 PM
Flareth posted...
I was thinking;

"Awesome! Another Dark Souls expansion! .... Wait, that sounds too good to be true, maybe the Dragon's Dogma expansion...."

I had the same reaction... Alba's comments made it sounds like it would be Dark Souls. The video started and I was like "Skyrim...? Wait, that doesn't have brutal difficulty... Dragon's Dogma...?" I thought it might be DS based on the guy's helmet looking a little like the stone knight helm. Then that bridge in the mist...
#35mrivera889Posted 12/7/2012 8:08:22 PM
Flareth posted...
I was thinking;

I had the same reaction... Alba's comments made it sounds like it would be Dark Souls. The video started and I was like "Skyrim...? Wait, that doesn't have brutal difficulty... Dragon's Dogma...?" I thought it might be DS based on the guy's helmet looking a little like the stone knight helm. Then that bridge in the mist...

When the narrator said "you are an Undead" I immediately though of Dark Souls but I never expected a sequel.
---
[=[3DS]=] (+.[VITA].::)
[o+[__].::]
#36HosakaSenpaiPosted 12/7/2012 8:09:29 PM
Bueno.
---
HosakaSenpai
I'm doing science so hard right now.
#37D_D_TinkPosted 12/7/2012 8:09:51 PM
Dude RXZR0 just pointed out that you can see the big crow nest in the video except its tipped over
---
"The guns are balanced enough that no single one will make you better. You just have to suck less to be better."- SupahSkull
#38Takeda123Posted 12/7/2012 8:09:59 PM
http://cdn.head-fi.org/0/0a/0a0f7179_tear_joy.jpg
---
Pre-Patch: NERF BKGA, DWGR, and BACKSTABS!
Post Patch:The game is meant for you to exploit!
#39mattdawg81Posted 12/7/2012 8:11:05 PM
There were a few things come to think of it, that gave it away as being a new Souls game:

1) The way the blade sounded when taking it out of the ground.

2) The bonfire like kneeling of the character

3) And the dragon looked very much like a Souls dragon (jewel/eye on head?) at the end of the trailer.
---
PSN ID: MattZR1_81
DkS - SL175 (NG++), SL132 / DS - SL140 (NG++)
#40OmegaArchetypePosted 12/7/2012 8:11:15 PM
F yes! Cannot wait!

http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer
---
Yes, Final Fantasy XII is my favorite of the series.
Not Changing this until Zone of the Enders 3 is announced. 2/26/08