Dark Souls 2 Announced at VGAs

#91oORyuumaruOoPosted 12/7/2012 8:53:58 PM
I hope it has larger environments to explore.
---
PSN: MrSeizo
"Who's the toilette man now?"
#92MasterBriefPosted 12/7/2012 9:11:11 PM
I'm hyped looks awesome someone needs to start a discussion thread about the story and setting or point me to it.
---
"Now choose, flee or step forth."
#93LordOfCinderPosted 12/7/2012 9:17:47 PM
I just died. I'm ****ing dead.

Here I was thinking we won't see another Souls game for a while, and today I just wake up like any other day, and all of a sudden, they come up with this... monstrosity this very day. I would be seriously lying if I said Dark Souls 2 would be announced today earlier. This is far, FAR too unexpected.

I welcome any chance to kill me over and over, my dear Souls. Bring it on! Day 1 baby!
#94Metatron87Posted 12/7/2012 9:22:06 PM
Already preordered in my head.
---
http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/M09cGxtKoMo/mqdefault.jpg http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/2613875023/1k7ogro7tvzqenun9w7s.jpeg
#95ToadWarriorPosted 12/7/2012 9:26:00 PM
This is awesome news.

Also noone should worry about this being dumbed down.

Demon's Souls gained it's notoriety for being brutally difficult Dark Souls marketed itself, and it's expansion around it's difficulty and it paid off in the reviews/sales/reception..

From wouldn't even think of dumbing it down, in fact, expect these games to get harder.
#96YoozayPosted 12/7/2012 9:31:12 PM
ToadWarrior posted...
This is awesome news.

Also noone should worry about this being dumbed down.

Demon's Souls gained it's notoriety for being brutally difficult Dark Souls marketed itself, and it's expansion around it's difficulty and it paid off in the reviews/sales/reception..

From wouldn't even think of dumbing it down, in fact, expect these games to get harder.

I believe!
#97skytrotPosted 12/7/2012 9:33:47 PM
I wished they announced it at a separate event though. It was blasphemy against From that the DLC wasn't nominated for the VGAs in the Best DLC category.
#98KoolAssAssassinPosted 12/7/2012 9:37:13 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about them saying they are trying to make it more accessible. They said something similar with the first Dark Souls. It was kinda weird and contradictory, but I remember the director said he wanted to make it more accessible while also making it harder.

They honestly don't have to do much. You can already kinda customize the difficulty of the game by what equipment you use. For example, using the Drake sword turns the game into easy mode at the beginning.

That said, this is also what annoys me about some Souls players. I remember a bunch of idiots basically equipping the cheapest most broken weapons to get through the game and then complaining about how easy the game was. If you're going to claim you want a challenge, don't use the special broken weapons the specifically put in to help weaker players out.
#99CrevoxPosted 12/7/2012 10:37:23 PM
Official site says PC/PS3/Xbox 360
#100ReiderAsmadiPosted 12/7/2012 10:39:23 PM
http://www.darksoulsii.com/

Also has Namco-Bandai listed on there. Should we be worried that there isn't gonna be dedicated servers again?
---
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.