Dark Souls 2 plot speculation/trailer dissection

#91MsSushiAPosted 12/8/2012 8:50:20 AM
I understand what you mean man, but what I'm trying to say is If Dark Souls 2 is a prequel, and you can kill her in that game, she shouldn't appear in Dark Souls. If it is a sequel, and you killed her in Dark Souls, again she shouldn't appear. Of course the possibility of her being a sister of chaos is possible, but Gwynevere is more impactful to the story. Only speculation for now though.

Actually it is very much possible. The Gwynevere we see in Dark Souls is only an illusion made by Gwyndolin remember? For all we know the real Gwynevere could be long gone
---
Call me A or Miss A ^_~
http://i.imgur.com/U7g4m.jpg
#92inneedofmulePosted 12/8/2012 8:55:25 AM
The character can't be soldier, seeing as you are called an undead
#93inneedofmulePosted 12/8/2012 8:56:09 AM
Solaire
#94dantedeschain13Posted 12/8/2012 9:00:38 AM
Just throwing that out there, what if those masked guys were Lord Blades? Only one you ever see is Ciaran, right? Or were the painting guardians in that group...not sure if the stories are even related like some have said, just something I thought of
#95inneedofmulePosted 12/8/2012 9:15:25 AM
Depending on whether it is a prequel or a sequel
#96OohehePosted 12/8/2012 9:15:49 AM
dantedeschain13 posted...
Just throwing that out there, what if those masked guys were Lord Blades? Only one you ever see is Ciaran, right? Or were the painting guardians in that group...not sure if the stories are even related like some have said, just something I thought of

not sure

but one thing i do know is that they had some type of swag in their step
like chester
---
beepboop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mSCyzBHhBk
#97ArakDemonBladePosted 12/8/2012 9:59:01 AM
I wonder, I know they said a new protagonist and a new story, but did they actually say new setting?

Could end up like the King's Field series (also by FROM) where each game had a different hero and took place in a different part of the world but they all ultimately formed one story arc (not counting The Ancient City - not sure what was up with that one).

That would be kind of awesome.

That said I maintain my normal pessimism I have for all new games. Too many disappointments in recent years.
#98TMG2186Posted 12/8/2012 10:21:02 AM
No bonfires. Only torches. Kind of a mini bonfire.

This seems to focus more on dragons so maybe you will have to revive the dragons/collect their remains. And then maybe the lords and dragons will fight again and the cycle will repeat.

Looks good though.
---
PSN: chocob0-0f-doom
#99Dark ShiekPosted 12/8/2012 11:26:38 AM
DarkfireAxel posted...
She looks a lot like Anastacia, and if the guy is Solaire, then we could have a prequel set in Astora.

Lol at the new director mentioning Skyrim, and then we see a trailer where a Dragon spits fire on a character, and the character doesn't take damage at all.
Bad feeling about this, but we'll see...

Btw, just noticed the way the character stares at the Sun immediately after being mortally (I think) wounded, like he could not achieve his goal, reaching the sun.

The new director absolutely did not mention Skyrim. That was the author of the article.
---
The knives are actually made of diamond, the hardest metal known to man. -SlamuelBTP
#100hawk240Posted 12/8/2012 11:33:11 AM
It would be cool if, for a boss(or the final boss), they loaded your save file from Dark Souls and used your most powerful character that completed the game.
---
PSN ID: sabre187