Really hope they make armor more relevant in Dark Souls II

#1EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 12/8/2012 7:57:13 AM
Importance of armor in my opinion in Dark Souls consisted mostly of picking the armor that you felt either looked the best or if you wanted to decide how much poise you wanted have. That's it. It really didn't matter what armor you had because if you were doing PVP, if someone got the backstab off it was over regardless of what armor you had on.

I'd love for armor to be much more effective as far as their defenses and to have more unique armor tailored to combating elements more effectively this time around. What do you guys think?
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Currently playing: Dishonored, Far Cry 3, NSMBU, H4, Black Ops II, Zombi U
#2jeremy21642Posted 12/8/2012 8:13:11 AM
Calling it now: No more Backstabbing in PvP.

Just causes to much trouble and disrupts the flow of combat.
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die" - H.P Lovecraft
#3A-2TheKPosted 12/8/2012 8:29:30 AM
I really liked ENB's idea of different classes of armour, each class having basically the same defenses and offering it's own pros and cons but each set looking vastly different. So you can't have big defense numbers while moving swiftly and vice versa. This was somewhat fixed with the DWGR burden nerf but there is still big differences in the defenses, which limits you. IMO the big problem FROM is faced with is stunlocking, poise and hyper armour. Neither game was perfect in that department.

As for backstabs, hopefully the lag will not be as harsh, so just tidy them up a little and i'll be happy. IMO I do not want bs removed.

TC expand on your thoughts and ideas.
---
PSN: A-2TheK
FlameLurker666
#4EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:19:22 AM
A-2TheK posted...
I really liked ENB's idea of different classes of armour, each class having basically the same defenses and offering it's own pros and cons but each set looking vastly different. So you can't have big defense numbers while moving swiftly and vice versa. This was somewhat fixed with the DWGR burden nerf but there is still big differences in the defenses, which limits you. IMO the big problem FROM is faced with is stunlocking, poise and hyper armour. Neither game was perfect in that department.

As for backstabs, hopefully the lag will not be as harsh, so just tidy them up a little and i'll be happy. IMO I do not want bs removed.

TC expand on your thoughts and ideas.

I don't want backstabs removed either. But I do believe that their damage should be able to be combated through better armor as you choose heavier armors and more damage resistance when the shield is on your back. If not that, then their damage needs to be decreased. There was little incentive to choose a heavier armor outside of added poise and better looks depending on your tastes because backstabs destroyed you regardless.

I'm going to assume elemental weapons will be back hopefully with some more different kind of special weapons. As they add more weapons that do different types of damage, this could make for various more types of armors that reduce damage for each type of special weapon that's added along with the previous ones that were created.

I personally believe the DWRG just needs to be removed altogether and just go back to making rolling more viable the lighter you go in weight. DWRG offered too much of an advantage throughout Dark Souls even after the nerf. I'd love for this to happen.
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Currently playing: Dishonored, Far Cry 3, NSMBU, H4, Black Ops II, Zombi U
#5KratierPosted 12/8/2012 9:31:37 AM
"EnVy_CaLiBeR"
thats just dumb because nobody will backstab if you nerd backstab dmg
and we'll end up with how it is now, either laggy teleporting backstabs that lock you into place 10 feet away
or
dudes with large weapons that just spam their attacks in hopes that one attack will get through and one shot you VIA stunlock+ spam