Just watched the trailer for DK2 and didn't feel a DK vibe...

#1boy_luckPosted 12/8/2012 9:07:44 AM
I don't know, I just didn't get the "From Softwary" feeling that I got from both the Demon's Souls and Dark Souls trailers. This new trailer felt kinda... How do I put it? ...more on the epic side. I mean, not that DeS and DkS are not epic at all, which they totally are, but they also felt more visceral, more troublling, you know?

When I saw DeS's and Dks's trailers (and played the games) I couldn't help but feel sick and worried the entire time. Both game drove me insane. They distressed me and made me suffer. I felt hopeless the entire time. Now, don't get me wrong. That sick feeling in my stomach was good. I was always compelled to play and I specially remember the DkS trailer. It made me feel awful, like the world was coming to an end and I wanted so bad to part of that ending world.

With this new trailer I felt like they were just telling an epic story that will most likely be great, but that's it. I didn't feel that awful void in my stomach. It didn't made me feel that awesome feeling of being worried, troubled and sick.

Then again, maybe I'm just being an idiot for judging an entire game over a minute of video...
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied.
#2Fang289Posted 12/8/2012 9:09:41 AM
boy_luck posted...
Then again, maybe I'm just being an idiot for judging an entire game over a minute of video...

Yes, I too feel the same way. I'm sorta scared for Dark Souls 2, but I won't judge just yet.
---
And that Mother Brain is all "LASERZZZZ!!!!! ROCKETZZZZZ!!!!! MOUTH GRENADEZZZZZ!!!!!! ~Diorte
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ox61VlL61qi2j4o.gif
#3SaintZetsuPosted 12/8/2012 9:09:52 AM
The new director is focusing more on individual characters and a straightforward story to appeal to new fans.. I for one am worried about the future of the Souls series.
---
Yes, I am a squirrel gamer, yes I love videogames, no you can't have my number or take my nuts.
#4aneed4peedPosted 12/8/2012 9:09:52 AM
HEATHEN
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#5SymphonicRainPosted 12/8/2012 9:10:11 AM
If anything, you're an idiot for judging it from a CGI, length doesn't matter. Wait until you actually see even a second of actual gameplay.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#6ZephranthesPosted 12/8/2012 9:11:53 AM
I disliked the overt Skyrim vibe and the craptacular main armor.

But CGI trailers are meaningless and just there to wow dullards so w/e. I'm sure the game will be enjoyable even if they neuter it a little to draw in some lucrative fratboy cash.
#7OohehePosted 12/8/2012 9:12:53 AM
Zephranthes posted...

But CGI trailers are meaningless and just there to wow dullards so w/e. I'm sure the game will be enjoyable even if they neuter it a little to draw in some lucrative fratboy cash.

there was no skyrim vibe
---
beepboop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mSCyzBHhBk
#8boy_luck(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:14:27 AM
Oohehe posted...
Zephranthes posted...

there was no skyrim vibe

Sadly, there kinda was... :(
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied.
#9TheAxeMurderer1Posted 12/8/2012 9:16:14 AM
SaintZetsu posted...
The new director is focusing more on individual characters and a straightforward story to appeal to new fans.. I for one am worried about the future of the Souls series.

Oh really interesting where did you hear that?
#10RedCrossKnightPosted 12/8/2012 9:17:22 AM
Well this is the very first trailer, all CGI etc. What I'm waiting for is the trailer that really gets me pumped up to play and introduces a few of the bosses / gameplay,

Always liked this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7U-a9pJtHQ