Just watched the trailer for DK2 and didn't feel a DK vibe...

#41antking61Posted 12/8/2012 12:45:38 PM
Diorte posted...
I definitely noticed that, it was a lot like Demon's Souls intro. I just feel like the dragon could have looked a little different considering the dragons we're using to seeing have like goblin shark mouths and falcon punches, or a tiny crocodile head and a giant gaping mouth-chest with four wings and like six legs. I just saw a normal dragon with an extra eye. The tragic vibe of the series is definitely still there, I'm just hoping they keep the monsters cool, that's all.

It's a bit conservative in the visual creativity side compared to Dark Souls, I guess is what I mean to say.

I can sorta get that but what if it's just the new Drake so it's a common enemy type? Besides, there's something hanging off his chest so we dunno what tricks he may have up his scales. Let's be patient and trust in From until we have a reason not to.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#42DiortePosted 12/8/2012 12:47:25 PM
antking61 posted...
Diorte posted...
I definitely noticed that, it was a lot like Demon's Souls intro. I just feel like the dragon could have looked a little different considering the dragons we're using to seeing have like goblin shark mouths and falcon punches, or a tiny crocodile head and a giant gaping mouth-chest with four wings and like six legs. I just saw a normal dragon with an extra eye. The tragic vibe of the series is definitely still there, I'm just hoping they keep the monsters cool, that's all.

It's a bit conservative in the visual creativity side compared to Dark Souls, I guess is what I mean to say.

I can sorta get that but what if it's just the new Drake so it's a common enemy type? Besides, there's something hanging off his chest so we dunno what tricks he may have up his scales. Let's be patient and trust in From until we have a reason not to.

Then that would be awesome. I would love for that to just be a common thing. I didn't notice the thing on his chest, I'll look for that next time. Demon's Souls had a couple pretty plain dragons, so it's not impossible that the creatures can still look really awesome. I'm just hoping the next trailer puts a couple more weird monsters in, then I'm pretty much sold for the super mega extra you-spent-too-much-money-on-this-game edition.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM
#43antking61Posted 12/8/2012 12:50:51 PM
Diorte posted...
Then that would be awesome. I would love for that to just be a common thing. I didn't notice the thing on his chest, I'll look for that next time. Demon's Souls had a couple pretty plain dragons, so it's not impossible that the creatures can still look really awesome. I'm just hoping the next trailer puts a couple more weird monsters in, then I'm pretty much sold for the super mega extra you-spent-too-much-money-on-this-game edition.

I'm right there with ya, bud. Here's to hoping that the Souls series never lose it's Souls!
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#44Luminis88Posted 12/8/2012 12:52:11 PM
Diorte posted...
I just saw a normal dragon with an extra eye.

Like Kalameet? ;)

Honestly though, I don't the the trailer is very un-Souls-esque. The Skyrim vibe some folks might have fgotten from it? Well, there was a dragon skeleton - and that is as Skyrim as it gets, isn't it? That doesn't make it un-Souls-esque, though. At least not as far as I am concerned. It did, in fact, seem quite dark, lonely and generally hostile. Which would be what you'd expect from a Souls game.

And yeah, the trailer is a bit cinematic. It's a trailer, after all. It's supposed to be cinematic and create a lot of hype. Doesn't mean that the game will incorporate some sort of cinematic story telling, though. I'll be waiting for some more details befor judging the game. We've not seen anything, after all.
#45DiortePosted 12/8/2012 12:59:11 PM
Luminis88 posted...
Diorte posted...
I just saw a normal dragon with an extra eye.

Like Kalameet? ;)

Is THAT what that bastard that one-shotted me was? I just got the DLC, played just kind of the beginning of it. Found out the ancient knights kinda do hurt a lot, the scissor guys aren't sneaky enough for me thanks to those ninja trees. I'm pretty sure I accidentally a nice mushroom dude, too. I was making sure to explore every area in the beginning grove, saw the mushroom and instantly retaliated without realizing he didn't have arms and wasn't punching my light out. That dragon, though, I was not expecting to light the entire place up :[
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM
#46CMDR2279Posted 12/8/2012 1:19:16 PM
I watched it a second time and it is starting to feel more like a souls game, as well keeping in mind the new direction while retaining the roots. I did notice some farmiliar places though. There were some areas in the Trailer that looked like - the bridge to the Painted World, Nito's lair entrance, possibly Seaths remains in the crystal caves, and maybe the Catacombs where dude is holding the torch - maybe it takes place in Lordran many years after DkS, or as Solaire says the fabric of time is all eff'd up and it's a new land that resembles the Lordran that we left behind... In DkS... Anyway, it will be interesting and fun to find out more.
---
Commander Hutchinson
PSN: H2279 down for Jolly Co-Operation and PvP
#47NuuTypePosted 12/8/2012 1:21:18 PM
SaintZetsu posted...
The new director is focusing more on individual characters and a straightforward story to appeal to new fans.. I for one am worried about the future of the Souls series.

I see your plight but this is a new game. Every new game gets a new focus.

I just hope they don't mess with the good gameplay but I feel like some group of Souls fans will be highly disappointed with something.
---
Probability of mission hiderance..zero percent
#48DjAlaricPosted 12/8/2012 1:31:19 PM
Probably a prequel since there were dragons.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RVa0Q_t0bI&feature=related
Gamertag: Circle6
#49TheConjuringPosted 12/8/2012 1:39:57 PM
Stupid thread.

It's just an ANIMATED trailer. There's not one single second of actual gameplay.

And honestly, who the **** ever cared about the ''story'' of the Souls' series? It's not like there was really one.
#50OohehePosted 12/8/2012 1:44:27 PM
TheConjuring posted...
Stupid thread.

It's just an ANIMATED trailer. There's not one single second of actual gameplay.

And honestly, who the **** ever cared about the ''story'' of the Souls' series? It's not like there was really one.

I care about Solaire's quest, I care about the Izalith family's downfall, I care about Lord Gwyn's intentions, I care about Artorias' sacrifice.

SCREW U
---
beepboop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mSCyzBHhBk