Just watched the trailer for DK2 and didn't feel a DK vibe...

#51McJephPosted 12/8/2012 12:48:38 PM
It's a CGI trailer.

Seriously - people need to stop flipping out and drawing assumptions. I don't know anything of what the new gameplay will be like.

Neither do you.
#52ded5833Posted 12/8/2012 12:57:54 PM
TheConjuring posted...

And honestly, who the **** ever cared about the ''story'' of the Souls' series? It's not like there was really one.

The minimalist story helped bring in the atmosphere, the lack of character exposition or any sort of exposition period helped nail home the helplessness/lonely feeling.
---
These counting things are stupid.
People that agree: 22
#53S1-Winged_AngelPosted 12/8/2012 1:28:11 PM
My biggest worry is that the Souls series will become so mainstream that eventually we'll be picking up AK-47's and MPK5's in order to go fight the Russians or something.
#54TheghostlivesPosted 12/8/2012 1:48:41 PM
it is all pre-rendered, it shows no game footage. So far as e can tell, NOTHING in the trailer will occur. Kotaku had a report that said it was a new hero and new world, so it isn't really a Dark Souls 2, it is more of a New Souls.
#55YoozayPosted 12/8/2012 1:50:34 PM
McJeph posted...
It's a CGI trailer.

Seriously - people need to stop flipping out and drawing assumptions. I don't know anything of what the new gameplay will be like.

Neither do you.

Obviously all these people must of got some form of alpha access to the game, that we don't know about, lmfao.

Seriously though, people just need to wait.
#56pennydemonPosted 12/8/2012 1:59:56 PM(edited)
The trailer didn't seem very... DARK. I mean, Dark Souls is possibly the purest, most terrifying example of dark fantasy out there, and it really instills a sense of dread in you. I hope this game doesn't end up getting rid of the quiet, depressing atmosphere that Dark Souls had.

I also hope they don't make it too easy. If by 'accessible' they mean they're going to actually explain the mechanics better in the game, then I suppose that's okay, but I don't want the challenge to disappear. That's the heart and soul of the franchise.

EDIT: On the other hand, the seemingly perpetual twilight, the gothic architecture, and the character leaning mournfully on his sword DID seem very Souls-ish. I love me some depressed knights.
---
I'm afraid, Dave.
#57CocoDollfacePosted 12/8/2012 2:01:26 PM
The trailer's fine and has plenty of Souls qualities. The armor the guy wears is awesome and fits perfectly. The only reason you guys are comparing it to other fantasy games is the music. Really, it's not that different from Demons Souls intro. For all we know that girl may have the same gameplay function as a firekeeper or a Maiden in Black. I keep reading that people are getting a "romance vibe" but I don't see it at all. Just because some girl is pressing a feather into the hero's hand doesn't mean there's some deep romantic entanglement or even light sexual tension. If the music wasn't like a Lisa Gerrard track from Gladiator or something and it was the typical dark orchestral/choral music in the Souls games I bet no one would be all "omg itz SkYrIm naoooo bawwww."
#58ArayzielPosted 12/8/2012 2:22:46 PM
Trailer was okay, I'm waiting on gameplay though.

I thought FROM wanted to return to King's Field... oh how I would love to see a modern KF or Shadow Tower done justice.
#59longtonguecatPosted 12/8/2012 3:00:09 PM
I didn't get the same vibe from the Dark Souls reveal that I did from the original Demon's Souls trailer i saw way back when. I was still pleased with Dark Souls though so I shan't judge yet. :)
#60KamanickPosted 12/8/2012 3:03:47 PM
I'm hoping for:

health regen
gun customisation
more game modes (capture the crystal lizard, defuse the bonfire etc).
---
PSN: liam6678
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use both feet"