Your top SL 100 builds?

#1Awhsum-SaucePosted 12/8/2012 10:51:14 AM
I want to make a SL 100 build or two, as I only have 120s ATM. They'll be mainly for the arena, but also for fight clubs and arranged duels, so I don't want them all to be dex/int buff builds. Anyone have any suggestions for effective/fun builds?
---
PSN - AwhsumSauce
Tell me why you're adding me before you do, otherwise your friend request will be deleted.
#2Pujos_PLPosted 12/8/2012 11:18:14 AM
Almost all builds viable at 120 are also usable at 100. If you have some 120 you like a lot, you may be better off just converting it into 100. If you want to try something new, there are many decent weapons that don't do enough damage or don't scale well enough to be effective at 120, but will do just fine 20 levels lower.

If you're looking for ideas, I'd recommend to try something new, Leo Ring brings a twist to your playstyle, most boss weapons are really good when optimalisation isn't the priority (at 100 Abyss Greatsword deals some great damage, Great Lord Greatsword has some real low requirements for such a good weapon, and Obsidian Greatsword can easily be used, but it works best when buffed, and you said you were bored by buffs).

Another thing you can try is a bleed build featuring the amazing Gold Tracer and older but not bad at all Lifehunt Scythe. If you want to try using Strengh for a change, Black Knight Halberd and Greataxe are pretty good, both can be 2-handed without much investment. Golem Axe is also very fun to use, but that needs 36 strengh, so probably a dedicated build.

Post patch Magic/Enchanted and Divine/Occult weapons are also very good, you might want to try them, preferably combined with magic and miracles. Divine Claymore is deadly with 40ish faith, and it's str/dex requirements make it friendly for sl 100.

Whatever you decide to choose, those 25 levels do have a lot of matter, but they are nothing to fear if you plan your character well.
#3tlnPosted 12/8/2012 11:23:32 AM
DEX/Pyro builds reach their peak around SL 100. Strength builds are also fine for SL 100 (40 STR).
#4orphanjohnPosted 12/8/2012 11:31:56 AM
tln posted...
DEX/Pyro builds reach their peak around SL 100. Strength builds are also fine for SL 100 (40 STR).

Just go 27 str and 2h the MSGS. 13 points you can put elsewhere.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#5tlnPosted 12/8/2012 11:33:17 AM
I was thinking about the Large Club. I like the one-handed rolling attack.
#6orphanjohnPosted 12/8/2012 11:36:54 AM(edited)
orphanjohn posted...
tln posted...

Just go 27 str and 2h the MSGS. 13 points you can put elsewhere.

Something like this.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=246196829799461583
---
#7orphanjohnPosted 12/8/2012 11:39:29 AM
tln posted...
I was thinking about the Large Club. I like the one-handed rolling attack.

With that build I posted you can drop 2 att and put it in end.
---
#8Awhsum-Sauce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:10:05 PM
I wanted a build that I don't already have, otherwise it would be just a copy =/
Some builds, such as strength builds, aren't as viable at 100 because of stat requirements. You usually need a lot of strength and endurance with those, and the builds are pretty much perfect at 120. At 100, you either have to sacrifice vitality, which I don't want to drop under 40, or drop endurance, which can lower mobility.

What are your personal SL 100 builds that you enjoy playing on?
---
PSN - AwhsumSauce
Tell me why you're adding me before you do, otherwise your friend request will be deleted.
#9Dex_PyromaniacPosted 12/8/2012 8:13:10 PM
Awhsum-Sauce posted...
What are your personal SL 100 builds that you enjoy playing on?

Pure dex (no pyro) low poise chaos blade, and Pure faith balder sword (or claymore depending on how i feel like making the build atm) and of course dex/pyro with chaos blade.
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff