An idea of where the story MIGHT go in DaSII (Slight Spoilers?)

#1Zack2495Posted 12/8/2012 1:59:18 PM
As a massive fan of the Soul series, I am curious to see how the story will go. NO, i do not mean a linear heap of crap, I mean if it will take events from DaSII into account. I'm wondering if the Dark Age was brought about (as it was at the end of DaS depending on your choice) and that will be the timeline you play through in DaSII.

It seems to me that playing through the Dark Age would be better rather than still being in the Age of Fire. Even if your character did sacrifice himself to the flame and revitalized it, it would probably just fade just as it had when Gywn did it.

The Dark Age would give the game a fresh start and bring about more possibilities than still worrying about keeping a dying fire alive through life support basically lol.

Of course, this is all just speculation and I do NOT by any means claim that this is the truth. I'm just creating this based on my overall extensive knowledge of the game and what would seem to be good for DaSII.

By all means, if people have other ideas to contribute, let it rip! :)
---
"...the first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion... Hope." -- Kain from the Legacy of Kain: Defiance
PSN: Zack2495
#2OohehePosted 12/8/2012 2:35:38 PM
Well, sir, your knowledge isn't extensive enough as there are dragons in the trailer.
What do we know about dragons?

They're extinct! Except for Everlasting.
I feel that indicates it would take place further back in time.
---
beepboop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mSCyzBHhBk
#3ZephranthesPosted 12/8/2012 2:46:41 PM
Life finds a way *Jurassic Park theme*
#4RedRebel21Posted 12/8/2012 2:51:31 PM
I want to think of it as if the age of fire ended. Not nessisarily chooseing the dark side but the light side and this is taken place a lot farther into the future. We go to old places driven down by age like the transfer from oolicial to darkroot garden
#5-Crazy_Dude-Posted 12/8/2012 2:52:20 PM
But there is only one dragon in this... so it's not hard to imagine one may have survived in some desolate place in the realm of dark souls. From the look of the face mask people, which seems similar to chester whom is assumed to be from the future, it's not a bad assumption that this is based in the future.

It would be cool if the final boss was the Dark Lord and have some connection to the chosen undead. From the feather giving woman we might be getting a bit more velka in this game but that's a wild guess.
#6OohehePosted 12/8/2012 2:52:45 PM
RedRebel21 posted...
I want to think of it as if the age of fire ended. Not nessisarily chooseing the dark side but the light side and this is taken place a lot farther into the future. We go to old places driven down by age like the transfer from oolicial to darkroot garden

I don't see anything fun happening in the future.

But the past!
Oh man, it'd be one hell of a blast.
---
beepboop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mSCyzBHhBk
#7Pirateking2000Posted 12/8/2012 3:17:56 PM
Not sure but anyone else think the girl in the Dark Souls II trailer might be the person we see in the prologue of Dark Souls (some hooded girl who grabs an ember although this could just be the firekeeper)
---
XBL GT: Demon Ninja X2
"There comes a time in every man's or woman's life where they have to make **** up to cover their ass." - Hazama
#8James MasonPosted 12/8/2012 3:28:01 PM
Considering it's a sequel , it is bound to have at least a few references to the original...

Pygmy anyone. He was so easyly forgotten the put him on hiastus till the sequel..
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN : Stealth_Cobra | MGO ID : Killed by Konami's Greed
#9Pirateking2000Posted 12/8/2012 7:57:37 PM
bump
---
XBL GT: Demon Ninja X2
"There comes a time in every man's or woman's life where they have to make **** up to cover their ass." - Hazama
#10DregnautPosted 12/8/2012 9:34:25 PM
Zack2495 posted...
As a massive fan of the Soul series, I am curious to see how the story will go. NO, i do not mean a linear heap of crap, I mean if it will take events from DaSII into account. I'm wondering if the Dark Age was brought about (as it was at the end of DaS depending on your choice) and that will be the timeline you play through in DaSII.

It seems to me that playing through the Dark Age would be better rather than still being in the Age of Fire. Even if your character did sacrifice himself to the flame and revitalized it, it would probably just fade just as it had when Gywn did it.

The Dark Age would give the game a fresh start and bring about more possibilities than still worrying about keeping a dying fire alive through life support basically lol.

Of course, this is all just speculation and I do NOT by any means claim that this is the truth. I'm just creating this based on my overall extensive knowledge of the game and what would seem to be good for DaSII.

By all means, if people have other ideas to contribute, let it rip! :)

F*** is DaS?! "D K S !!"
---
^ + R2 = Epic Kill / ^ + R1 = "This IS SPARTA!"