"Dark Souls II will be more straightforward" says new director

#11ocelot562Posted 12/8/2012 3:44:35 PM
Armored core 5 was pretty disappointing.
---
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
W. C. Fields
#12haarlem1982Posted 12/8/2012 3:44:55 PM
gofyaself posted...
ocelot562 posted...
Look on the bright side.

The world is ending in a couple weeks so the world will never know how badly they tarnished the souls series.

Really dude?

Nah, the aliens that kickstarted civilization a couple thousand years ago will return to show us the way into the future.
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82
#13seyyjJPosted 12/8/2012 3:46:31 PM
It's just odd how people flip about this :D I'd rather wait for the game and just try it but these guys.. whoa.
#14SSJPabsPosted 12/8/2012 3:54:15 PM
The-Tactician posted...
When has something being straightforward a bad thing?

Beating around a bush and being vague isn't going to make the story/gameplay any better, if it's stupid, it'll be stupid rather or not they tell you about it.
Maybe. If the story is more concrete you have to be careful to avoid plot holes and ensure quality. If your story is more suggestion and vagueness (like in DkS) the players can fill it in better than the company can so it's a win win.

That said I'd like a FEW more story elements in DkS, like implementing Oscar as a rival etc.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#15Kai_Laguna(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:41:15 PM
jumping the gun here guys. FROM has never given you a reason to be disappointed. There's no way they'll take the brakes off the challenge when its WHAT SOLD THE LAST TWO GAMES

All the Armored Cores between 2 and V and All Tenchu except the first, second, and fourth say hi.
#16ZephranthesPosted 12/8/2012 4:42:29 PM
Kai_Laguna posted...
jumping the gun here guys. FROM has never given you a reason to be disappointed. There's no way they'll take the brakes off the challenge when its WHAT SOLD THE LAST TWO GAMES

All the Armored Cores between 2 and V and All Tenchu except the first, second, and fourth say hi.

Tenchu 2 and 4 were trash.
#17KratierPosted 12/8/2012 4:54:31 PM
why are you linking a site that can't even be bothered to write their own articles?
they just stole the article from edge and copypasted quotes from it, and linked to the article

that is just dumb
#18Takeda123Posted 12/8/2012 5:13:48 PM
Zephranthes posted...
Kai_Laguna posted...

Tenchu 2 and 4 were trash.

I the original Tenchu and Tenchu: Wrath of heave.

Great games.
---
That scene would be way better if he was getting chain BSed by the mask guys while some of them spam 'well what is it' - Zephranthes
#19vital_tundraPosted 12/8/2012 5:21:38 PM
I feel like the words "More Straight Forward" means easier to understand and less cryptic on the mechanics side of things.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#20mrfatcatmiedPosted 12/8/2012 5:23:40 PM
"...we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls."
Crap.

Edge Magazine said that, not From Software. And I don't think that having Dark Souls being extremely popular is a bad thing.
---
Are you as gr8 as I am???????? ::::)