"Dark Souls II will be more straightforward" says new director

#21CorrustPosted 12/8/2012 5:39:24 PM
Does anyone agree that world tendency was a bad thing like the columnist says? I personally miss having bp enemies. There is gravelording, but still, I wouldn't mind more consistent bp enemies.
#22ZephranthesPosted 12/8/2012 5:40:40 PM
Corrust posted...
Does anyone agree that world tendency was a bad thing like the columnist says? I personally miss having bp enemies. There is gravelording, but still, I wouldn't mind more consistent bp enemies.

It was good and bad. BPs were only a small part of it remember.
#23Luminis88Posted 12/8/2012 5:56:10 PM
What's so bad about the game telling you, say, how stats actually work instead of having to look for guides? What's bad about being told why a 520 AR elemental weapon is doing less damage than a 350 AR physical weapon? Or how many points in attunement are needed to get another attunement slot?

That's what I would consider "making the game more straightforward". None of these things are actually making the game hard. It just means you'll have to rely on Google for answers instead of a tutorial screen or the manual. Basically, I think it would be a good thing if the game told you by what rules you'll have to play. Doesn't mean that actually playing by these rules will be any easier, anyways.
#24Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 12/8/2012 6:15:42 PM
I feel like the words "More Straight Forward" means easier to understand and less cryptic on the mechanics side of things.

This. It would be okay to explain the mechanics more, it's currently too difficult to understand for newcomers. Seriously, we still don't know how Vagrants properly work yet.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbhs3rA2Ev1qzzfj5o1_400.gif
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#25Fang289Posted 12/8/2012 6:21:16 PM
As long as the gameplay is good, I'm fine. Who honestly plays Demon/Dark Souls for the plot or is more straightforward in how they explain mechanics?
---
And that Mother Brain is all "LASERZZZZ!!!!! ROCKETZZZZZ!!!!! MOUTH GRENADEZZZZZ!!!!!! ~Diorte
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ox61VlL61qi2j4o.gif
#26lionheart5656Posted 12/8/2012 6:32:04 PM(edited)
And they said this about Dark Souls before it was released.

And irrational Demon's Souls fanboys (reminds me of you guys, actually) went all up in arms.

Seriously people.

And yet it's not even close to the same because Dark Souls still had the director of Demon Souls at the head.

Now they have 2 new directors that have nothing to do with the series. They also mentioned The Elder Scrolls as something to look up to. The Elder Scrolls has progressively dumbed down their game with each new part.

This is a sign for the worst. I have never seen the word "accessibility" used with a game that did not end up significantly more dumbed down than before.

Accessibility is marketing code for "Make it easier and require less thought so we can get everyone playing this game from Angry Birds fans to casuals gamers and hopefully fool a few of the dedicated fanbase as well".
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#27thanatos313Posted 12/8/2012 6:31:50 PM
shoe7ess posted...
"...we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls."
Crap.

soooo.. basically they want dark souls 2 to be a game thats only good if you mod the hell out of it?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/thanatos313games
#28AndyZXZXPosted 12/8/2012 6:34:26 PM
I'm alright with this. I bought Demon's Souls because it seemed right up my alley (someone recommended it to me because I liked Monster Hunter), and I just couldn't figure it out. I realized I could go online to learn the game, but I don't like having to do that for a game that hasn't even grabbed my interest yet.

If you're wondering why I'm posting in this thread, it's because I saw it on the front page.
---
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n535/HumaDragonbane/JakSigPic.jpg
Tread softly, and carry a big gun - Warhammer 40 000: Dawn of War
#29lionheart5656Posted 12/8/2012 6:34:44 PM
jumping the gun here guys. FROM has never given you a reason to be disappointed. There's no way they'll take the brakes off the challenge when its WHAT SOLD THE LAST TWO GAMES

You clearly haven't played their Armored Core series.

Yes they are a good developer.

No they are not perfect. They screw up just like everyone else and this is looking like one of those times.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#30mattdawg81Posted 12/8/2012 7:07:27 PM
God, I hope with a new director they can keep the core gameplay mostly the same. All this talk of being more accessible and more linear has me a little spooked to say the least. Here is hoping it retains its roots and is as fun as the other two in the series.

Still, I am beyond stoked lol.
---
PSN ID: MattZR1_81
DkS - SL175 (NG++), SL132 / DS - SL140 (NG++)