"Dark Souls II will be more straightforward" says new director

#61Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/9/2012 6:39:58 AM
I don't see this as a problem. Dark Souls' difficult is overrated anyway. It wasn't even that hard, but the fanboys choke it up and manage to turn scraps into a feast - making a slight challenge seem like it's the hardest game this gen. I'm sure that the fanboys will do the same with Dark Souls II, no matter how much easier it is.
#62KattfoderPosted 12/9/2012 7:08:40 AM
What i like MOST about dark souls is the minimal dialogue and cutscenes!! It really adds alot to the mystery of the world, love how you can find out more about the lore by reading on weapons etc. This game feels so unique in that aspect, i wouldn't change a thing, it's perfect!
#63DLOArceusPosted 12/9/2012 7:18:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#64DLOArceusPosted 12/9/2012 7:19:24 AM
DLOArceus posted...
ak1287 posted...
pumpkinpizza posted...
FredtheBum posted...
Mmmm does sound kind of concerning...but too early to tell....

Also what is that crap about him saying he wants it to rival Elder Scrolls? The Souls games are their own thing they have no need to rival the ES.

If it's not broken don't try and fix it!

I didn't realize the interviewer is now a member of the development team. Interesting.

This. Like, 1,000 times this.

This.
Damn, you people make me ashamed of being a Souls fan.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
Black FC 3439-2226-1376 3DS: 4983-5126-3707
#65sneakysnakePosted 12/9/2012 1:43:47 PM
Do we really need Monster Hunter in our Dark Souls?
---
PSN: sneakysnake128
#66thanatos313Posted 12/9/2012 11:21:28 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
I don't see this as a problem. Dark Souls' difficult is overrated anyway. It wasn't even that hard, but the fanboys choke it up and manage to turn scraps into a feast - making a slight challenge seem like it's the hardest game this gen. I'm sure that the fanboys will do the same with Dark Souls II, no matter how much easier it is.

indeed. sure when i first went into Dark Souls i was raped in the butt a few times, until i realized i was just playing stupid.

sneakysnake posted...

dont need it.. but itd be cool!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/thanatos313games
#67Loss1010Posted 12/10/2012 12:09:03 AM(edited)
sneakysnake posted...

Do you even understand how videogame development works? Do you really think changing one ****ing position around is going to make the Souls series switch subgenres? Seriously, go away.

And here's an idea for the rest of you: why don't, I don't know, either wait and see or read the actual facts. Stop believing what idiots on the Internet say and stop reading into statements that you clearly can't comprehend.
---
The only thing "hardcore" people ever seem to be "hardcore" about is the intensity of their whining. ~ FruitOfTheDoom
#68YagaminouePosted 12/10/2012 12:37:24 AM
People don't seem to realize (or are conveniently ignoring) that it's been stated that Miyazaki of Demon's/Dark Souls is still supervising Dark Souls II, so it's not like the game is going to be in completely new hands.
#69ak1287Posted 12/10/2012 12:40:18 AM
Yagaminoue posted...
People don't seem to realize (or are conveniently ignoring) that it's been stated that Miyazaki of Demon's/Dark Souls is still supervising Dark Souls II, so it's not like the game is going to be in completely new hands.

People aren't ignoring it; they're fabricating scenarios in which that's just an honorary title, and Miyazaki has actually been killed and fed to a herd of pigs.
#70king_zettaPosted 12/10/2012 12:45:05 AM
The-Tactician posted...
When has something being straightforward a bad thing?

Beating around a bush and being vague isn't going to make the story/gameplay any better, if it's stupid, it'll be stupid rather or not they tell you about it.

Mystery is interesting and leads to discussion. Flat facts given to you are boring and leave no room for discussion.