The World is ENDING!

#21ak1287Posted 12/8/2012 7:42:25 PM
Zephranthes posted...
newjerseyplayer posted...
Zephranthes posted...
What's wrong with being an elitist again?

Well, not much, until you start putting others down and push away a large minority of casual gamers from buying the game from a company who falls into the category "Likes to make munee", then expect said company to cater to all of your needs as an elitist, such as a nightmare mode on a nightmare game.

Also, Aqua, yes, I absolutely love the game's difficulty, but I was kinda just poking fun at all of the recent threads :)

You're not really making a good argument against it.
I suppose we ought to just drop our standards entirely and flock to farmville or something? But these games wouldn't have even gotten this sort of success if it had not been for our elite tastes.

I don't see how it's fair to expect a loyal and passionate fanbase to just step back and let their stuff get watered down and hawked to dullards who could care less, when pickings are so slim as it is for people who like this kind of game.

Not everything needs to be all-inclusive. Elitists have a right to object this time.

Well, except they don't really have anything to object to, considering we haven't seen any gameplay or actually heard anything about the game itself, other than a poorly written Edge article. Which is weird, because the part that people are complaining about isn't even said by the interviewee. It's written by the author.
#22newjerseyplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 7:43:11 PM
Zephranthes posted...
Zephranthes posted...
What's wrong with being an elitist again?

Well, not much, until you start putting others down and push away a large minority of casual gamers from buying the game from a company who falls into the category "Likes to make munee", then expect said company to cater to all of your needs as an elitist, such as a nightmare mode on a nightmare game.

Also, Aqua, yes, I absolutely love the game's difficulty, but I was kinda just poking fun at all of the recent threads :)

You're not really making a good argument against it.
I suppose we ought to just drop our standards entirely and flock to farmville or something? But these games wouldn't have even gotten this sort of success if it had not been for our elite tastes.

I don't see how it's fair to expect a loyal and passionate fanbase to just step back and let their stuff get watered down and hawked to dullards who could care less, when pickings are so slim as it is for people who like this kind of game.

Not everything needs to be all-inclusive. Elitists have a right to object this time.

We're all friends here *glares at hemphoarder*

But anyway man, I am currently in belief that there will be a difficulty choice. So, if you want to challenge yourself and reap your rewards, then by all means go ahead. But you know, just because someone suddenly has trouble in Seath's libraries because they blasted magic weapons throughout Lost Izalith doesn't mean that they should be forced to grind/give-up. (Wait, hold on, it kinda does, but to hell with it)
---
PSN: rjlikestv, Alt PSN: matt_2143, alt PSN #2: aalltt_1234
#23ZephranthesPosted 12/8/2012 7:46:04 PM
ak1287 posted...
Well, except they don't really have anything to object to, considering we haven't seen any gameplay or actually heard anything about the game itself, other than a poorly written Edge article. Which is weird, because the part that people are complaining about isn't even said by the interviewee. It's written by the author.

Nothing wrong with a bit of warning grumbling during development where there's still time for the devs to fix things without losing face. We fork over our cash and generate word-of-mouth sales, we're entitled to a bit of harmless yapping. They did interviews and regardless of the actual content of them, FROM is getting valuable feedback from their elitist core fanbase. That's great!

We're all going to buy it anyway, don't take internet hyperbole so serious.
#24Zen_ZarabPosted 12/8/2012 7:46:14 PM
LEAVE US HARDCORE ELITISTS PLAY THE GAME ON NG +7 NAKED AND BARE-FISTED!

You mean in real life right?
---
http://tinyurl.com/cqbr3ld
http://tinyurl.com/8w2apgs
#25DregnautPosted 12/8/2012 9:16:14 PM
Lmao everyone is so scared about dksii I wouldn't b suprised if From Software is s****ing theirselves cuz how nervous we makin em lmao
---
^ + R2 = Epic Kill / ^ + R1 = "This IS SPARTA!"
#26orphanjohnPosted 12/8/2012 9:48:49 PM
antking61 posted...
Impaired Medic posted...
People are elitists because they're worried a series they enjoy might be getting dumbed down. Sure does reek of elitism.

As a DMC fan, I can relate to that, especially since I'm also a DeS and DkS fan, however, most of the complaints are in fact elitist. Adding in difficulty select? Play on hard mode. Making it easier to summon? Just like DeS. Nothing is concrete about what changes may be present.

DMC fan also, **** you Ninja Theory.

I know it's too early to tell, but please don't **** this up FROM.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#27lucky_sharm19Posted 12/8/2012 10:15:56 PM
orphanjohn posted...
antking61 posted...
Impaired Medic posted...
People are elitists because they're worried a series they enjoy might be getting dumbed down. Sure does reek of elitism.

As a DMC fan, I can relate to that, especially since I'm also a DeS and DkS fan, however, most of the complaints are in fact elitist. Adding in difficulty select? Play on hard mode. Making it easier to summon? Just like DeS. Nothing is concrete about what changes may be present.

DMC fan also, **** you Ninja Theory.

I know it's too early to tell, but please don't **** this up FROM.

Strange how people are all up in arms at the new DMC, a game that hasn't even been released yet. I thought the main complaint was Dante's new character design.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
What doesn't kill you, didn't finish the job.
#28SolidKnightPosted 12/8/2012 10:17:46 PM
The problem with the new DMC that hasn't been released is that the combat system has been dumbed down. It's too easy to pull off sick combos that deal max damage; the auto-pilot feature makes the game even easier since you can just set Dante to AI mode and let him beat the game for you.
#29lucky_sharm19Posted 12/9/2012 2:19:06 AM
SolidKnight posted...
The problem with the new DMC that hasn't been released is that the combat system has been dumbed down. It's too easy to pull off sick combos that deal max damage; the auto-pilot feature makes the game even easier since you can just set Dante to AI mode and let him beat the game for you.

DMC 3 and 4 also had auto pilot modes. It was the Automatic setting.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
What doesn't kill you, didn't finish the job.
#30Number4RocketPosted 12/9/2012 3:15:18 AM
lucky_sharm19 posted...

Strange how people are all up in arms at the new DMC, a game that hasn't even been released yet.

Demo is out. Demo is bloody terrible.