Dark Souls 2 = Disappointment

#11TruthsEdgePosted 12/10/2012 7:10:08 AM
How is it a disappointment?! The game was just announced a few days ago. We know nothing about it yet. All we have is a name and a CGI trailer. Gamers should know by know that CGI trailers are made to look good and really dont relate to the game much. For all we know they are taking the best aspects from DS and DkS since that is the logical thing to do. DsK2 could be the best souls game, on par with the others, or the worst but we won't know that for at least another 12 months.
---
Miyamoto Meter 9 out of 10
"E3 Legend of Zelda Cosplay"
#12orphanjohnPosted 12/10/2012 7:12:35 AM
Honest question.

If it wasn't called Dark Souls 2, do you think there would be less complaints/worries?
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#13Cvdf3Posted 12/10/2012 7:14:14 AM
orphanjohn posted...
Honest question.

If it wasn't called Dark Souls 2, do you think there would be less complaints/worries?

No there would be people complaining about that too.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#14skytrotPosted 12/10/2012 7:18:36 AM
I see that you've somehow managed to play the game before it has been released. So tell me, what's the future like?
#15hemphoarder(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 7:19:56 AM
Yes I think there would be less worry because though it is just a name a lot can be pulled from it. Will it be a new direction? Maybe here and there but not as a whole. I am merely stating that part of what is special about the souls games for me is how different the two are from each other. This will most likely be an improved DkS which I am not going to be fond of if so. It will definitely jade my view of the series.
---
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#16101TheBossPosted 12/10/2012 7:20:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17Neo_HeartlessPosted 12/10/2012 7:20:58 AM
orphanjohn posted...
Honest question.

No, because most people were expecting it to be called 'INSERT WORD HERE' Souls, which is a mouthful I admit.

Most people are worried because of all the quoted articles proclaiming that From want to appeal to a wider audience and that they want to get the success of The Elder Scrolls... the latter is from a journalist, but it's still silly, since they should aim for Dark Souls to have its own level of success. Aim for what you think is right, not what other companies do. Trying to do the latter is killing the industry, as no one wants to take the risk of trying to do their own thing.
---
This is more intense than that time I forgot how to DO A BARREL ROLL!
Then I remembered to press Z or R twice.
#18Cvdf3Posted 12/10/2012 7:29:33 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
orphanjohn posted...
Honest question.

No, because most people were expecting it to be called 'INSERT WORD HERE' Souls, which is a mouthful I admit.

Most people are worried because of all the quoted articles proclaiming that From want to appeal to a wider audience and that they want to get the success of The Elder Scrolls... the latter is from a journalist, but it's still silly, since they should aim for Dark Souls to have its own level of success. Aim for what you think is right, not what other companies do. Trying to do the latter is killing the industry, as no one wants to take the risk of trying to do their own thing.

How does a journalist saying he wants Souls to have the presence of TES (not playstyle not anything even related slightly related to the series other than it's well known and well received reputation) show the downfall of the industry or even Souls?
People take one random journalists quote and make a big deal out of it; as if it had any effect on the game.

"I hope the new Souls sells as much as Black Ops 2"

Commence freak out.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#19LaKost117Posted 12/10/2012 7:31:37 AM
What Ultima did this guy work on?
#20dolinovPosted 12/10/2012 7:35:38 AM
LaKost117 posted...
What Ultima did this guy work on?

different guy, the guy who works at From didn't work on MH or Ultima:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45236201&postcount=715