So instead of Madden and COD every year we get a souls game every two years

#21HoratioCrawPosted 12/10/2012 8:31:14 PM
The problem here is that you think that frequent releases are what's wrong with Madden and COD. The problem is that not enough changes between the games to warrant yearly releases. Yearly releases aren't inherently bad, milking a franchise is.

I don't really know what to say if you sincerely believe that there's not enough change between Demon's Souls and Dark Souls to warrant a separate release.
---
hey coffee still rules ^-^
http://www.last.fm/user/ThomasCraw
#22zyrax2301Posted 12/10/2012 8:39:57 PM
2 years is the perfect amount of time to play these games to death. 2 years is fine. As long as they don't ruin the next one (which is a possibility but I'm not expecting it to happen, you downers) then the timeframe isn't a big deal at all.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#23Orochi_LedePosted 12/10/2012 8:43:19 PM
Unlike cod and madden games, souls games are actually fun and force you to think and learn from mistakes. instead of being the same monotone gameplay every single year.

2 years is plenty. i enjoyed both souls games so far, i have no doubt i will enjoy the next one, unless they make crippling changes like caving into people wanting it easier.
---
Careful what you say, mods can now delete posts based on what they think are insults rather then actual fact based insults, Terrible system at it's finest.
#24toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 8:52:31 PM(edited)
HoratioCraw posted...
The problem here is that you think that frequent releases are what's wrong with Madden and COD. The problem is that not enough changes between the games to warrant yearly releases. Yearly releases aren't inherently bad, milking a franchise is.

I don't really know what to say if you sincerely believe that there's not enough change between Demon's Souls and Dark Souls to warrant a separate release.

Uhh lets be real here it's not like there was a huge change from demons souls to dark souls.

It's was basically like any other game with new levels and bosses and instead of the nexus system we got bonfires.

Having had played and platinum demons souls since US release date and then playing dark souls December 2011 I can say that it didn't feel like much changed at all.

All that changed is what's a given a new area to explore.

That's basically what dark souls 2 is going to do. Throw you in a new area with some new weapons and bosses and minor tweaks to the mechanics of the game and bam they got a cow that needs to get milked every following October.
#25toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 8:55:47 PM(edited)
You have to understand if they release dark souls 2 in October that will be the third October every 2 years for US releases. Which tells me heart and soul and quality isn't going into the game.

It's more can we hit the deadline this is about money deal.
#26NovaLevossidaPosted 12/10/2012 8:56:43 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
Oh also Lost Odyssey for art. Ive never read literature that actually got me as hooked as the stories there in that game.

It was really perfect the way they did it with the music, sound effects, images, and the text. It really puts an immortal character into perspective.

And I'll get that last achievement I need on there some day. Goddamn Treasure Trove. Maybe Christmas break.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#27AlbinoCrocodilePosted 12/10/2012 8:58:31 PM
On that Lost Odyssey note, I need to find that one story with the girl who has some illness. Was a story related to some little girl at an inn but I just can't remember. I know it always had me in tears though.
---
Crocochoppers.
#28HoratioCrawPosted 12/10/2012 9:04:14 PM(edited)
toastedmuffin89 posted...
Uhh lets be real here it's not like there was a huge change from demons souls to dark souls.

It's was basically like any other game with new levels and bosses and instead of the nexus system we got bonfires.

Having had played and platinum demons souls since US release date and then playing dark souls December 2011 I can say that it didn't feel like much changed at all.

All that changed is what's a given a new area to explore.

That's basically what dark souls 2 is going to do. Throw you in a new area with some new weapons and bosses and minor tweaks to the mechanics of the game and bam they got a cow that needs to get milked every following October.

uhh ok everyone's entitled to their own opinion and all but i think you're really downplaying the difference the entirely revamped magic system, the branch new branch of magic, the radical difference poise makes in combat, the covenant system and it's repercussions on multiplayer, the completely revamped and streamlined upgrade system that alleviates the horrible farming in demon's souls, upgradable armour that makes armour not useless like in demon's souls, and the lack of soul form and world tendency mechanics make
---
hey coffee still rules ^-^
http://www.last.fm/user/ThomasCraw
#29LuminousAetherPosted 12/10/2012 9:23:44 PM
toastedmuffin89 posted...
Yeah. I lost some interest I had. A lot. If dark souls 2 releases in October that means the development for the games is all 2 years apart.

If we get another souls game is 2015 then they are no different then COD and madden they are milking a franchise.

Demons souls is my 2nd favorite PS3 game. I bought it US release day my favorite game is MGS4 and also my first PS3 game.

But yeah I stick with what I said.

Well, let's look at From's previous franchise King's Field to get an idea how they like to do this kind of thing.

King's Field I - December 1994
King's Field II - July 1995 (only... 7 months later!)
King's Field III - June 1996 (only 11 months later!)

Until you're a true From Software vet like me, you can't talk smack about their release schedule. 2 years is plenty of a break.
#30LuminousAetherPosted 12/10/2012 9:24:29 PM
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
TES gets a game every 5 years or so. LoZ gets a game every 4 years. FF gets a sh**ter game every 6 months it seems.

LoZ skyward sword was by far the worst catastrophe in the Zelda franchise. Every FF after X has been crap. The past CoD games have been terrible with the exception of black ops. and TES series while good is only worth buying for PC and is kinda like a midevil sims type game.

The point is, over saturation can be bad. We had 2010 Demon souls, 2011 Dark Souls 2013 Dark Souls 2. A next souls game shouldn't be out until the PS4 when ever that is.

Skyward Sword was fantastic. The best 3D Zelda yet. The only "catastrophe" in the Zelda franchise was Zelda 2 for the NES. That game was awful.