So instead of Madden and COD every year we get a souls game every two years

#31AlbinoCrocodilePosted 12/10/2012 9:27:14 PM(edited)
LuminousAether posted...
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
TES gets a game every 5 years or so. LoZ gets a game every 4 years. FF gets a sh**ter game every 6 months it seems.

LoZ skyward sword was by far the worst catastrophe in the Zelda franchise. Every FF after X has been crap. The past CoD games have been terrible with the exception of black ops. and TES series while good is only worth buying for PC and is kinda like a midevil sims type game.

The point is, over saturation can be bad. We had 2010 Demon souls, 2011 Dark Souls 2013 Dark Souls 2. A next souls game shouldn't be out until the PS4 when ever that is.

Skyward Sword was fantastic. The best 3D Zelda yet. The only "catastrophe" in the Zelda franchise was Zelda 2 for the NES. That game was awful.

Give a few years or so till the next Zeldas come out, it ends up shifting to that game being the worst and the ones before the best or so and so. This sort of applies to every series really.

That's based on observation for the masses though, there are people who do have their likes/dislikes set and don't change them yearly.
---
Crocochoppers.
#32HoratioCrawPosted 12/10/2012 9:35:22 PM
i'm pretty sure twilight princess is gonna suck forever
---
hey coffee still rules ^-^
http://www.last.fm/user/ThomasCraw
#33replicax77Posted 12/10/2012 9:37:06 PM
LuminousAether posted...
The only "catastrophe" in the Zelda franchise was Zelda 2 for the NES. That game was awful.

I completely disagree. Adventure of Link is an amazing game from when Nintendo was actually still able to make fun games.
---
Fortune and glory kid. Fortune and glory.
#34heartlessprinnyPosted 12/10/2012 9:47:23 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
replicax77 posted...
It would be really nice if people realized that video games are not art.

I still think final fantasy tactics is closer to art than half the s*** people actually call art.

Well fft is one of the best games of all time.
#35LuminousAetherPosted 12/10/2012 9:57:58 PM
HoratioCraw posted...

That is easily my second favorite 3D Zelda. They've gotten better with each one, imo. The worst is easily Ocarina of Time. Awful visuals, just terrible art design. Absolutely appalling camera. The N64 controller was bad enough to ruin the game forever, alone.
#36SolidKnightPosted 12/10/2012 10:14:50 PM
LuminousAether posted...
HoratioCraw posted...

That is easily my second favorite 3D Zelda. They've gotten better with each one, imo. The worst is easily Ocarina of Time. Awful visuals, just terrible art design. Absolutely appalling camera. The N64 controller was bad enough to ruin the game forever, alone.

I liked the visual design of The Wind Waker and how the events weren't overly long yet still full of character but the game was plagued by cut content and obvious overworld filler islands. Twilight Princess was fairly enjoyable albeit it suffered from an extremely boring and lengthy introduction, harmless enemies, and a few dungeons almost being barren of threats. Skyward Sword, however, is an amalgamation of the worst elements in Zelda--finicky controls, tedious quests, boring dungeons, docile enemies, inconsistent art design, and a barren overworld that can only be traversed on a slow vehicle.

Too bad Nintendo isn't keen on online. They're sitting on potential gold if they released an online Four Swords Zelda game that was in the standard dungeon-crawling format of the 2D-era games.
#37VidmorPosted 12/10/2012 10:21:00 PM
I have to chuckle at the people that think video games are made with the sole purpose to entertain. They're products meant to be sold, that's the whole point of business; to make money. Conforming to a specific release schedule doesn't remove any quality from games, and it's measurable and predictable, two things that are very important to businesses. With a viable and consistent goal, they can perfect the game developing process and ideally put games out faster and not have to struggle with long development times.

I realize many of folks here have little to no business experience, but just trust From.
#38BigTee66Posted 12/10/2012 10:46:59 PM
So instead of Madden, we get 2k sport to make a football game for once

ftfy
---
http://i.imgur.com/Bpr3h.jpg
#39Trailblazer34Posted 12/10/2012 10:50:03 PM
just goes to prove that hardcore niche game fans and cod fans aren't so different :)
#40ZackG31Posted 12/10/2012 10:52:49 PM
hahaha the amount of hypocrisy from this board is amusing, you guys piss and moan when ever you get a chance about the milking of COD and Madden but when its your favorite game the rules are different.
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.