So instead of Madden and COD every year we get a souls game every two years

#41SolidKnightPosted 12/10/2012 11:13:44 PM
ZackG31 posted...
hahaha the amount of hypocrisy from this board is amusing, you guys piss and moan when ever you get a chance about the milking of COD and Madden but when its your favorite game the rules are different.

CoD gets a lot of undeserved crap. Smells more of hipsterism than legitiment complaints. Even though I don't care for the series, I fail to see what's so bad about it. The gameplay might not evolve much between each release but honestly, for the type of game that it is, what more can they do besides give you new guns, maps, and perks?
#42AlbinoCrocodilePosted 12/10/2012 11:25:29 PM
SolidKnight posted...
Too bad Nintendo isn't keen on online. They're sitting on potential gold if they released an online Four Swords Zelda game that was in the standard dungeon-crawling format of the 2D-era games.

I can at least agree with that Four Swords bit.

That would be so tasty...
---
Crocochoppers.
#43Fo_lc_usPosted 12/10/2012 11:28:59 PM
But if DeS came out 2 years before DkS, isn't that an indication of what is to come?

Or is having a 3rd game somehow magically disregarding the other 2 that were actually released 2 years apart, the same as this one?

Maybe if DeS came out 6 years ago and DkS came out 2 years ago and DkS2 comes out this year, your point might have merit.

But it's following the same schedule.

???
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#44The_Undying_84Posted 12/10/2012 11:41:30 PM
I think 2 years is a perfectly reasonable length of time to take developing a game. It's definitely enough time to develop a sequel that isn't just a rehash, and it's short enough that it doesn't get terribly over hyped. Taking longer is fine if they're really doing something different with the next one (which might actually make for a terrible game, like FFXIII), or if it's the first game on a new console or something, but there's really no reason for it to take longer if they're familiar with the hardware and just making relatively standard sequel advancements.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#45the_requiemPosted 12/10/2012 11:55:55 PM
SolidKnight posted...
As long as the product is good, I don't care.

I think the point here is, going by precedence of other franchises, product will get worse. Ya know, milking=bad.

Or

The point is that DS fanboys can no longer be snobishly dismissive about inferior franchises by using "milked to death" argument.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands 2: Maya-10, Zero-50, Axton-25, Sal-50
#46Fo_lc_usPosted 12/11/2012 12:05:08 AM
the_requiem posted...

The point is that DS fanboys can no longer be snobishly dismissive about inferior franchises by using "milked to death" argument.

Please link to a topic with "milked to death" in regards to other games on the Dark Souls board.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#47MeowmixeryPosted 12/11/2012 12:08:20 AM
I want to thank the two praising LO, And to me the biggest kicker was it was made by SquareEnix, but it was actually great. Cant tell you the amount of times I cried, and i`m not even done yet. /Disk4, looking for White Boa/AR. :x The last two RPGs I got on 360 was LO and Last Remnant. /Today, being a comic book lover, bought Arkham Asylum/planning on city when done. Anyway, saw the 28 page thread so figured i`d say my piece here. Rarely in Gen7 will there be any quality games it seems. With Gamestop preorder, DLC/which isnt bad, can be though. EA/Actifail/Capcom/SE what have ye, soon as they start to get too big for their britches and forgot who made them successful, which isn`t likely. MegamanLegends 3 anyone? Oh..wait. o.0: Not really complaing though.. I used to play LJN games on Nes, so i`m used to it by now. ><: I do wish though, That 1/The gamers wouldn`t nitpick on everything/forcing the devs to bring out the same stuff since it works, and 2. I wish that there was more smalltime devs running around and could be successful without seeing The Big ones looking over their shoulder. Also, Oversaturation is a problem. One example not many name.. Persona series, specifically 3. I understand its good but milking is not. /Coming from a newb, started with Devil Survivor 2. :3
#48MeowmixeryPosted 12/11/2012 12:12:47 AM
Sorry for double post.. But is Demon/Dark souls worth the buy? Was told that its possible to die in the tutorial, has me intriged/I love challenges, except those that make you break your TV. [Co-op] Battletoads, Ninja Gaiden 1-3 to name some.
#49ultronPosted 12/11/2012 12:41:59 AM
It takes an average of 2 years to develop most games, only the really ambitious, poorly planned, or ones developing their own tools (engine) would take much more than that. Take too long and you lose money without getting anything back, too short and you risk over saturating the market.

At least this isn't the mobile device market, a new phone every month, and a minor upgraded and overpriced Apple device every 5~7 months.
#50doraemonllh1989Posted 12/11/2012 2:57:07 AM
This is definitely not a good thing

a soul game every 2 years seems good,but its not

shorter development time= less content

and with each new games,players will move on to the next one,resulting less player online in each game
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)