So instead of Madden and COD every year we get a souls game every two years

#61moodyjm2Posted 12/11/2012 10:17:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#62DLOArceusPosted 12/11/2012 10:18:20 AM
Rydis-Shiko posted...
The development time is no indication of quality. Most likely use same engine so saves times. Story most likely started development with first one. 2 years is plenty time to out out quality game..and a game I enjoy.. why wouldn't I want more.

If development time meant quality game then d3 and duke nuken forever would be the greatest games..

This. Also i like how people think that a future game begins production only after the game before is released. Because it's not like that.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
Black FC 3439-2226-1376 3DS: 4983-5126-3707
#63moodyjm2Posted 12/11/2012 10:20:17 AM
DLOArceus posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...
The development time is no indication of quality. Most likely use same engine so saves times. Story most likely started development with first one. 2 years is plenty time to out out quality game..and a game I enjoy.. why wouldn't I want more.

If development time meant quality game then d3 and duke nuken forever would be the greatest games..

This. Also i like how people think that a future game begins production only after the game before is released. Because it's not like that.

I also agree with this. There are many examples of games in long productions cycles that have been sub-par or terrible, and Demon Souls -> Dark Souls is one of the best examples of a "shorter" lifecycle producing an excellent game.

Diablo 3 took 11 years and it was pretty bare-bones at launch.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Behold, the Master Sorcerer Knight: http://mmdks.com/9l6
#64FishInMyPantsPosted 12/11/2012 11:15:18 AM
As long as the new Souls games don't suck ass, I wouldn't care if From made one every other month.
---
"And in this land, the Undead are corralled and led to the north, where they are locked away, to await the end of the world."
#65replicax77Posted 12/11/2012 11:55:51 AM
IamTHEstallion posted...
. If for-profit products can't be art, then the vast majority of music, movies, and books are not art.

The vast majority of music, movies and books aren't art.
---
Fortune and glory kid. Fortune and glory.
#66DJ_0000Posted 12/11/2012 12:07:02 PM(edited)
replicax77 posted...
IamTHEstallion posted...
. If for-profit products can't be art, then the vast majority of music, movies, and books are not art.

The vast majority of music, movies and books aren't art.

Maybe not good art. Doesn't mean it's not art.

Anyway, as that other person said, as long as the game is good I don't care.
#67AlbinoCrocodilePosted 12/11/2012 12:13:44 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
On that Lost Odyssey note, I need to find that one story with the girl who has some illness. Was a story related to some little girl at an inn but I just can't remember. I know it always had me in tears though.

I think this is the one you mean:

http://lostodyssey.wikia.com/wiki/Hanna%27s_Departure

In case anyone is up for some manly tear shedding. :'|

Yep, that's definitely the one. That combined with the music playing was just a big tear jerker.
---
Crocochoppers.