Ashamed by the Dark Souls community

#51Chrome_AdaPosted 12/11/2012 9:13:31 PM
TC, I agree with you to some extent, but considering that FROM tends to listen to their fanbase, these complaints so early on could actually help to shape the game in a way that keeps these potentially unfounded fears from materializing.

I, for one happen to fall into the "will buy on day one no matter what" category and would just as well sit back and see what they come up with, despite being in agreement with most of these pessimists.
---
Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.--TOOL, "Right in Two"
#52sirch98Posted 12/11/2012 9:14:23 PM
You do realize you are posting on Gamefaqs right?
---
I'm going to buy you so many lizards!-Philip J. Fry
PSN:Reaven1911
#53SSJPabsPosted 12/12/2012 12:31:42 PM
@ShenGon: The drop rates are what I look at as artificial difficulty. It's just being "gamey" not challenging. Being required to go back and forth killing enemies who you will quickly learn well enough that they present little practical threat is just busywork. I see it as making the game more annoying, not more difficult.

I can acknowledge the point about getting strong weapons too quickly. But grinding is not a solution I favor.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#54LuigiohPosted 12/12/2012 4:01:28 PM
Eh, the only place you find crap like this is usually on gamefaqs, people here love to whine about stuff and make 100% uninformed judgements on things that they really have no clue about.

I think it's more of the gamefaqs community than the dark souls community as a whole. I'm really excited that we're seeing a new game soon, and I think it'll be great regardless of who's directing it. That being said we will all have to wait and see some real footage of it before we can make serious judgement calls.
---
30mg and declining keep it up man you can do this you want this
#55lindaluvPosted 12/12/2012 4:03:57 PM
Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...
sneakysnake posted...
Its better to be cautious than to be naively optimistic.

Also, people like Oil are great with the satire, because I'm pretty sure people think he's completely serious.

thx bro

And yes, they do.

Wait... he isnt serious... the hell.
---
Its not just a battery, its DURACELL
#56CocoDollfacePosted 12/12/2012 4:20:14 PM
MestreRothGF posted...
Clink posted...
I am a massive Dark (and Demon's) Souls fan, and I am extremely excited for the announcement of Dark Souls 2. I'm disgusted by the hugely negative back-lash that the wider Souls community has aimed at FromSoftware.

If you look at the objective facts, all we have regarding Dark Souls 2 is a CGI trailer, a new director, and a few PR snippets from From which should always be taken with a grain of salt.

The lack of general community comprehension regarding this title is astounding, which I find ironic given the Souls series is renowned for requiring patient and objective analysis of the challenges it presents the player.

No. We've got multiple quotes stating that they are aing to become Skyrim, more casual, mainstream and obvious. Funny thing you hid these facts.

Souls series is not over. As much as Castlevania and RE are not too.

Lol, maybe you should check those "hidden facts." The actual quotes just say that they want to be more straightforward and less subtle. THAT'S IT. The author of the Edge article is the one that brought up Skyrim. So yeah, the things the guy you quoted said are the actual facts, as opposed to your wild assumptions.
#57RodzidanPosted 12/12/2012 4:42:58 PM
I hope it will be just as good as the first two souls games. I thought the trailer was pretty good, however its just a trailer... Hopefully the finished product lives up to expectations. I think the developers deserve more respect from their fans, and more trust...