If this game was easier...

#1TheCurseX2Posted 12/14/2012 9:15:25 PM
It would be nowhere near as popular, you must admit. It's a clunky action game with no awesome cinematic effects and the story is inexcusably poor.

I mean, it's great it did as well it did by getting away with delivering the bare minimum but it is almost a sham to release a shoddy and underwhelming game like this in recent years when you have truly engaging games like Skyrim and Arkham City out there.
---
Of course, of course it got done, things get done all the time, I understand don't worry YOUR JOB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. GET BETTER GEORGE!
#2DignatoReRaisedPosted 12/14/2012 9:16:45 PM
TheCurseX2 posted...
the story is inexcusably poor.

You say this, then you say Skyrim is engaging?

Where did you go to Trolling School?
---
Give me a good enough signature to use, and I'll replace this one.
#3Cvdf3Posted 12/14/2012 9:25:01 PM(edited)
Sure, but I do not think you will get much argument here...

Souls isn't extremely hard; but the difficulty it does have is important to the over all feeling of the game.

I also like the way the story is presented for this game; it's barebones but exists if you look for it. Let ONE series be different people.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#4TheCurseX2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 9:27:26 PM
A game can be different without being so pretentiously cryptic. The story that IS here isn't even good. It makes "looking for it" ultimately pointless because it does not engage the player at all. I feel like the world's cur to abuse while I wander around this dull planet filled with no population other than Lovecraftian terrors and similar abominations.

This game needs to go back to school. Hopefully DaS2 redeems it.
---
Of course, of course it got done, things get done all the time, I understand don't worry YOUR JOB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. GET BETTER GEORGE!
#5Cvdf3Posted 12/14/2012 9:31:01 PM(edited)
TheCurseX2 posted...
A game can be different without being so pretentiously cryptic. The story that IS here isn't even good. It makes "looking for it" ultimately pointless because it does not engage the player at all. I feel like the world's cur to abuse while I wander around this dull planet filled with no population other than Lovecraftian terrors and similar abominations.

This game needs to go back to school. Hopefully DaS2 redeems it.

Thank you for correcting my opinion of the story. Now if you don't mind, list the books and movies I am allowed to enjoy as well plz
Also that feeling of abuse, yeah, that's a good thing. Means the atmosphere and difficulty are working well together.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#6TheCurseX2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 9:31:49 PM
You'll just be negative and say, "Oh dey suk lol" because you're woefully predictable.

Why should anyone care about going to this forest, or rummaging through this castle, or exploring these ruins? There's no reason for it to exist and any reason provided is so glued together that it feels like this lazy afterthought.

This game is laziness but oh wait, it has an exceptional difficulty. That absolves it of everything it does wrong.
---
#7DignatoReRaisedPosted 12/14/2012 9:38:28 PM(edited)
TheCurseX2 posted...
You'll just be negative and say, "Oh dey suk lol" because you're woefully predictable.

Why should anyone care about going to this forest, or rummaging through this castle, or exploring these ruins? There's no reason for it to exist and any reason provided is so glued together that it feels like this lazy afterthought.

This game is laziness but oh wait, it has an exceptional difficulty. That absolves it of everything it does wrong.

I don't see why you have to have a reason to explore a gorgeous and well put-together location. Did you never just go explore the area around your house as a child, just to see what was there?

And there are reasons to do so, anyway. Your goals are made extremely clear at the very beginning of the game (After the tutorial, if you happened to attack Oscar). Ring the bells. Progress through the game.

That being said, it's fine if you don't think this game guides you enough, or if you don't particularly enjoy the story. But you're acting like it's not even there, or like it's an excuse plot. I strongly disagree with that, because I, personally was very engaged by this game. From start to finish. 36 times so far.
---
Give me a good enough signature to use, and I'll replace this one.
#8Cvdf3Posted 12/14/2012 9:37:08 PM
TheCurseX2 posted...

You mentioned Skyrim? I am not even going to bother now, with that hypocrisy anything I said would be retorted with something along the lines of "nuh uh".
I enjoyed Skyrim too, but smh.
---
#9TheCurseX2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 9:38:12 PM
DignatoReRaised posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...

I don't see why you have to have a reason to explore a gorgeous and well put-together location. Did you never just go explore the area around your house as a child, just to see what was there?

And there are reasons to do so, anyway. Your goals are made extremely clear at the very beginning of the game (After the tutorial, if you happened to attack Oscar). Ring the bells. Progress through the game.

I was never under attack by huge plant creatures for no real reason other than some pasted footnote that everything apparently hates me. I'd love to see a human try to pick berries in this world. It's probably a 9-5 task for them.

And look at the general gist of the game as you described... it's so silly. It doesn't even validate the amount of Hell you're put through. Actually, it makes your guy look like Rainman or something only instead of K-Mart it's "Gotta ring the bells!"
---
#10Kyuubi4269Posted 12/14/2012 9:38:16 PM
It sounds like you consider a speedrun your first time through then sticking it on the shelf never to be used again truely playing a game...
---
Name: Kyu
FC: 60034570