#21Titanite-DemonPosted 12/14/2012 10:09:42 PM
mfw I see Skyrim being compared to DkS and argument essays:
http://www.mbpgsu.ca/mbpblog/files/2010/12/facepalm-500x400.jpg

tl;dr guise, srsly
---
"Kalinka? Malinka?"
- Vocaloids
#22hak145Posted 12/14/2012 10:12:43 PM
boy someone sure is salty. If you cant see objectively why this game is excellent at what it does, then you sir aren't worth a proper response other than "look at the reviews".
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#23Cvdf3Posted 12/14/2012 10:13:19 PM
TheCurseX2 posted...
DignatoReRaised posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...

I don't even know if your second paragraph is at all true with how concealed this game wants to be. There's ZERO immersion and my enjoyment of it is vastly diminished because of it. Even then, trying to walk along a path to get from Point A to Point B and attracting monsters from a mile away because they want to "defend their space" is shoddy explanation. Invading a cave in Skyrim that happens to house a spider nest is plausible since they wish to defend their territory and I am infiltrating it quite obviously.

But when I'm an entire football field away from a huge Hydra lobbing fireballs my way while IGNORING the gargantuan brutes that are practically littering the space around it even more? That's terrible programming/writing.

The bolded text never actually happens. Monsters have a pathetically small aggro distance and if you don't sprint or wear heavy(noisy) armor, then it gets even smaller.

Also, the Hydra doesn't shoot fireballs. They're water jets. And you aren't meant to ignore the crystal golems. There are four places in that area where you can draw them to and kill them without being in danger from the water jets. It was purposefully designed in a way that would lead you to these safe areas as well. Have you actually PLAYED this game, or just watched videos?

Yes, it never actually happens despite it having happened to me.

My point is that the entire world feels tailored towards murdering you. It makes you wonder, if there actually was a story worth the time to print on a single page in an instruction booklet, that you're the Anti-Christ or something because everything beneath the sun wants a piece of you. The enemies of different habitat and species will ignore one another to kill you exclusively and then go back to their poor pathing AI.

It's not engaging and I cannot see why you'd enjoy this game when considering how rudimentary it is in execution.

That is why we like the game. It's barebones and your character is no one special. It has a story if you want to look for; but if you don't care nothing is forced down your throat, keeping you from playing.

It's dark, dreary game that wants you to die, this is what I like about it.
Again, let ONE series be different.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#24joeharamatheoPosted 12/14/2012 10:18:06 PM
nothing more engaging than exploiting non-existent ai that'll just let you punch it repeatedly in the ass, while rocking a generic fantasy story patterned after the *yawn hero's journey. with loldragons
#25Fo_lc_usPosted 12/14/2012 10:19:29 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...

I don't even know if your second paragraph is at all true with how concealed this game wants to be. There's ZERO immersion and my enjoyment of it is vastly diminished because of it. Even then, trying to walk along a path to get from Point A to Point B and attracting monsters from a mile away because they want to "defend their space" is shoddy explanation. Invading a cave in Skyrim that happens to house a spider nest is plausible since they wish to defend their territory and I am infiltrating it quite obviously.

But when I'm an entire football field away from a huge Hydra lobbing fireballs my way while IGNORING the gargantuan brutes that are practically littering the space around it even more? That's terrible programming/writing.

The bolded text never actually happens. Monsters have a pathetically small aggro distance and if you don't sprint or wear heavy(noisy) armor, then it gets even smaller.

Also, the Hydra doesn't shoot fireballs. They're water jets. And you aren't meant to ignore the crystal golems. There are four places in that area where you can draw them to and kill them without being in danger from the water jets. It was purposefully designed in a way that would lead you to these safe areas as well. Have you actually PLAYED this game, or just watched videos?

My point is that the entire world feels tailored towards murdering you. It makes you wonder, if there actually was a story worth the time to print on a single page in an instruction booklet, that you're the Anti-Christ or something because everything beneath the sun wants a piece of you. The enemies of different habitat and species will ignore one another to kill you exclusively and then go back to their poor pathing AI.

It's not engaging and I cannot see why you'd enjoy this game when considering how rudimentary it is in execution.

That is why we like the game. It's barebones and your character is no one special. It has a story if you want to look for; but if you don't care nothing is forced down your throat, keeping you from playing.

I can't though.

I have to point out something that isn't in line with other people for some reason.

I'm not trolling, OVBIOUSLY but it's because I have this problem with people praising a game, so I must talk about point's that are open to interpretation instead of odd things, like mechanics or FPS.

I also don't like it when people seem to like a style of storytelling I don't like personally. So I have to try to convince them to hate it too, it's the right thing to do.

---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#26Cvdf3Posted 12/14/2012 10:20:42 PM(edited)
TC, have you ever played a rogue-like?
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#27TheCurseX2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 10:25:40 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...

Cool, Diablo 1 did the same thing.

It did it even better, which is quite embarrassing.
---
Of course, of course it got done, things get done all the time, I understand don't worry YOUR JOB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. GET BETTER GEORGE!
#28joeharamatheoPosted 12/14/2012 10:26:45 PM
lemme guess: tc sucks at the game and doesn't have any motivation to play games without ' teh ahhzums sinnimatex' and pre-portioned exposition dumps as 'rewards'.

the challenge is to break his conditioning... but rly who cares?
#29Cvdf3Posted 12/14/2012 10:29:05 PM
ok, wow... this took me too long. BB all
---
#30TheCurseX2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 10:32:02 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
ok, wow... this took me too long. BB all

This is why I wonder why I even bother attempting to argue with the basic person.
---
Of course, of course it got done, things get done all the time, I understand don't worry YOUR JOB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. GET BETTER GEORGE!