If this game was easier...

#51Cvdf3Posted 12/15/2012 12:09:04 AM
TheCurseX2 posted...
Titanite-Demon posted...
SSJPabs posted...
OP, I'm curious. You say the story that is there is pretty bland. What is the story as you understand it? It feels like we're talking about different games, so I'd like to try and understand your PoV better.


He doesn't understand at all.

He has a thick skull and a dense personality.


It's not a matter of understanding the story, it is a matter of the game making little attempt to engage the player in the story. It's like it knows, "Okay this game really isn't that good, but here's some selling tag lines that you'll die a billion times in hopes you buy it."

This game, from gameplay, to story, to even SOUND, is nothing special. It is AVERAGE at best.


lol
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#52TheCurseX2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 12:09:41 AM
Titanite-Demon posted...
> Says the Skyrim player


Yes, says the player of 2011's Game of the Year award.
---
Of course, of course it got done, things get done all the time, I understand don't worry YOUR JOB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. GET BETTER GEORGE!
#53shoe7essPosted 12/15/2012 12:12:29 AM
TheCurseX2 posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...
Skyrim has a point to it.

Everything in Dark Souls has none. You could play through this game and still have no idea what the point of it all was by the time you reach the final boss.


Yes, you can (which is good for people who do not give a f***). However if you actually LOOK there is context for about everything in game.


Which, again, I'm not sure you comprehend English, is an *afterthought.* Putting a line of text to a ring isn't story, it's just laziness at that point by trying to pass it off as story/plot. Why can games like Diablo and Skyrim actually have an objective, a narrative, a reason to care, yet also include these "lore enhancing items" but Dark Souls can't be bothered? It's lopsided, and even your fanboy mind must admit that.

I'd care to LOOK if there was a point to me CARING in the first place.


You don't have to read item descriptions to know you're role in the game, all you have to do is listen to dialogue, watch the opening intro, and choose the "talk" option when you meet an NPC.

I'm guessing you never played Demons Souls?
---
War never ends, war never begins. Hoist up the hag of destitution.
PSN/GT: shoe7ess
#54Kyuubi4269Posted 12/15/2012 12:12:38 AM
Cvdf3 posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...
Skyrim has a point to it.

Everything in Dark Souls has none. You could play through this game and still have no idea what the point of it all was by the time you reach the final boss.


Yes, you can (which is good for people who do not give a f***). However if you actually LOOK there is context for about everything in game.


This. If you feel the need to find out what's going on in the world then there's more than enough source to see why things are, but you're not going to find it in the duke's archives as a bigass hardback under the name "Lordran: The Age of Fire and Beyond."
---
Name: Kyu
FC: 60034570
#55Cvdf3Posted 12/15/2012 12:14:23 AM(edited)
TheCurseX2 posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...
Skyrim has a point to it.

Everything in Dark Souls has none. You could play through this game and still have no idea what the point of it all was by the time you reach the final boss.


Yes, you can (which is good for people who do not give a f***). However if you actually LOOK there is context for about everything in game.


Which, again, I'm not sure you comprehend English, is an *afterthought.* Putting a line of text to a ring isn't story, it's just laziness at that point by trying to pass it off as story/plot. Why can games like Diablo and Skyrim actually have an objective, a narrative, a reason to care, yet also include these "lore enhancing items" but Dark Souls can't be bothered? It's lopsided, and even your fanboy mind must admit that.

I'd care to LOOK if there was a point to me CARING in the first place.

You not caring is not the game's fault. Guess how interested I am in 90% of the games' stories I play.
I'm not. In fact, the only reason I am interested in Dark Souls story at all is because they actually told a story with the game and not just lines upon lines of text.
Again, I don't know if you know this, but your opinion is not fact. Sorry, I didn't know justifying why I think a game doesn't suck made me a fanboy...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#56Titanite-DemonPosted 12/15/2012 12:15:30 AM
TheCurseX2 posted...
Titanite-Demon posted...
> Says the Skyrim player


Yes, says the player of 2011's Game of the Year award.


> Implying that "GotY" makes it a good game
> Sounds like meme arrows were never introduced
---
"Kalinka? Malinka?"
- Vocaloids
#57Kyuubi4269Posted 12/15/2012 12:19:46 AM(edited)
TheCurseX2 posted...
Titanite-Demon posted...
> Says the Skyrim player


Yes, says the player of 2011's Game of the Year award.


Game of the Year after less than month to actually see the game. That was all hype, fanboyism and a bigger secured playerbase that made that, I wouldn't be surprised if Dark Souls got 2012 Game of the Year seeing how popular it's been consistently since release...

Oh, look at this:
http://www.goldenjoystick.com/ultimate-goty/dark-souls
---
Name: Kyu
FC: 60034570
#58AisienPosted 12/15/2012 12:19:17 AM(edited)
Loosen up a bit, TC. This is almost Christmas time after all. If no arguments can make you think otherwise, this discussion was not going to initially proceed anywhere in the first place. If you don't like the game because of your "standards", fine. But why are you plaguing everyone else and stirring things up? Let everyone else enjoy the game. It is for your own good as well. Thank you and Merry Christmas.
#59TheCurseX2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 12:17:22 AM
shoe7ess posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
TheCurseX2 posted...
Skyrim has a point to it.

Everything in Dark Souls has none. You could play through this game and still have no idea what the point of it all was by the time you reach the final boss.


Yes, you can (which is good for people who do not give a f***). However if you actually LOOK there is context for about everything in game.


Which, again, I'm not sure you comprehend English, is an *afterthought.* Putting a line of text to a ring isn't story, it's just laziness at that point by trying to pass it off as story/plot. Why can games like Diablo and Skyrim actually have an objective, a narrative, a reason to care, yet also include these "lore enhancing items" but Dark Souls can't be bothered? It's lopsided, and even your fanboy mind must admit that.

I'd care to LOOK if there was a point to me CARING in the first place.


You don't have to read item descriptions to know you're role in the game, all you have to do is listen to dialogue, watch the opening intro, and choose the "talk" option when you meet an NPC.

I'm guessing you never played Demons Souls?


Oh yes, that rich dialogue. I forgot, allow me to recall when I met Oswald and he said roughly two cryptic sentences then laughed like a moron. Or some merchant informing me of a "princess" coming by and me wondering why I give a damn by that point since I'm just aimlessly roaming around hoping to find some next big scary monster to kill and not even understand why due to the poor job of story-telling.
---
Of course, of course it got done, things get done all the time, I understand don't worry YOUR JOB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. GET BETTER GEORGE!
#60TheCurseX2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 12:19:09 AM
Aisien posted...
Loosen up a bit, TC. This is almost Christmas time after all. If no arguments can make you think otherwise, this discussion was not going to initially proceed anywhere in the first place. If you don't like the game because of your "standards", fine. But why are you plaguing everyone else and stirring things up? Please look in the mirror, shut up and let everyone else enjoy the game. It is for your own mental health as well. Thank you.


I'm just hoping that Dark Souls 2 does indeed make things "easier." That means it will actually be a good game overall and not one that desperately clings to it's artificial gimmick of difficulty.
---
Of course, of course it got done, things get done all the time, I understand don't worry YOUR JOB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. GET BETTER GEORGE!