Sunlight Maggot with drop keeps respawning...

#1GutsCydoniaPosted 12/18/2012 1:51:47 PM
Hi everyone, I'm back with another question related to Solaire vs Sunlight Maggot.

I unlocked the shortcut early via Chaos Covenant, I went in there and killed the sunlight maggots, including the crystal lizard. The first time I went there, I counted, I got the sunlight maggot drop, but only found 8 dead sunlight maggots... I read around that it's supposed to be 9.

I searched around, can't find it still. So I reloaded the game, still no 9th maggot...

I decided to bonfire and go back there, still found only 8 of the sunlight maggots... Got another drop.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I really want to save Solaire, because I just want to see it for myself and I like the guy. Any tips or is this normal? I haven't beaten any Demon Ruins-Lost Izalith bosses other than Ceaseless Discharge.

I'm too tired to backtrack again from a bonfire, so would like to check what's the correct procedure... I unlock shortcut > Kill maggots > Resume clearing boss fog gates > Meet Solaire after Centipede > Kill Bed of Chaos > Meet Solaire again.

Thanks for the help beforehand...
#2beggargirlPosted 12/18/2012 1:54:11 PM
I'm sorry. Are you saying you keep getting sunlight maggot helms?
#3William S BurroughsPosted 12/18/2012 1:58:32 PM(edited)
Edit: misread post. That's weird. Probably you're okay but there should definitely be 9 chaos bugs with the maggot. Probably you're okay though.
---
smash the control images, smash the control machine.
#4dantedeschain13Posted 12/18/2012 1:57:20 PM
I wanna say all you need is to kill the one who drops the helm/medals, but someone else should confirm...
#5GutsCydonia(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 1:58:55 PM
It happened twice... So I traded one with Snuggly, so I have Old Witch's Ring now... and a sunlight maggot... I'm really confused and too lazy to bother with trying to visit the area again to see if it respawns.

Either way, can someone confirm with me if there's only 8 or do I keep missing 1 of the maggots? I've only tested it twice, ran back to the bonfire and visited that area again. Haven't tried for the 3rd time, am really confused... Just don't want Solaire to die after I went to all this trouble to feed that covenant 30 humanity...
#6beggargirlPosted 12/18/2012 2:03:07 PM(edited)
dantedeschain13 posted...
I wanna say all you need is to kill the one who drops the helm/medals, but someone else should confirm...

Yes. As long as you kill the maggot that drops the helmet you should be fine. Unless your game glitches out like mine and Crazy Solaire appears out of thin air right after you kill the sunlight maggot.

Edit: I have never heard of the maggot that drops the helm respawning. I'd farm it if I were you.

I think in the latest patch they fixed the issue with the sunlight maggot not spawning like a poster above said, so maybe you got stuck into some kind of fun loop because of it. Normally just killing the one helmet maggot is enough to save Solaire, whether you kill the others or not.
#7William S BurroughsPosted 12/18/2012 2:00:12 PM
There's only 8 aside from the one that drops the maggot. I can confirm that.
---
#8GutsCydonia(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 2:02:20 PM
I even did a Sesame Street Count Dracula kill count with the spiders... The two times I went there, I only got to kill 8 of them. If someone can confirm that as long as I have the sunlight maggot, it means I'm safe, then I'm cool...

Or is it that, I have to do the maggot-pest-control once, then beat a boss there in the same run without going to a bonfire?

Also... would like to add another question, does it matter for the Solaire event if I kill Bed of Chaos first before the rest? I just really don't feel like fighting Firesage... Just killed Asylum Demon... Don't feel like having another similar boss fight so soon. I haven't killed any other than Ceaseless Discharge in this world.
#9William S BurroughsPosted 12/18/2012 2:05:20 PM
That's a good question. You might have to kill Firesage to advance his plot, since you can summon him for Centipede. I'm not sure if he'll move to the Kiln otherwise.
---
#10beggargirlPosted 12/18/2012 2:06:05 PM
GutsCydonia posted...
I even did a Sesame Street Count Dracula kill count with the spiders... The two times I went there, I only got to kill 8 of them. If someone can confirm that as long as I have the sunlight maggot, it means I'm safe, then I'm cool...

Or is it that, I have to do the maggot-pest-control once, then beat a boss there in the same run without going to a bonfire?

Also... would like to add another question, does it matter for the Solaire event if I kill Bed of Chaos first before the rest? I just really don't feel like fighting Firesage... Just killed Asylum Demon... Don't feel like having another similar boss fight so soon. I haven't killed any other than Ceaseless Discharge in this world.

I believe you have to summon solaire to the centepede fight to save him and have him available for the gwyn fight.

If your helm maggot is respawning i don't know what to tell you. Normally once you get the helmet drop you are fine, but not because you have the helmet in you inventory, but because that bug is a one time kill and by killing it you stop Solaire from getting infected by it and going craycray.