This is what Skyrim lacked.

#11BigHockeyPosted 12/23/2012 10:05:35 PM
Kratier posted...
zombies are the lazy way of saying "we cant program good AI"

Wasn't Skyrim the same game that had such bad coding they couldn't even sell the DLC for it?

Yeah.....I wouldn't mock ANY games coding and then brag about Bethesedas Skyrim lmao
#12TechnicallyFoulPosted 12/23/2012 10:21:20 PM
On a practical level, no Souls game could EVER be open world the same way Oblivion or Skyrim is. In order for the invasion/summoning mechanic to work, the world needs to be divided into smallish sections that can be sealed when an invasion begins, otherwise black phantoms would have to spend hours running through vast open fields in search of a player they may never find in time.
#13BombayNugzPosted 12/23/2012 11:11:27 PM
TechnicallyFoul posted...
On a practical level, no Souls game could EVER be open world the same way Oblivion or Skyrim is. In order for the invasion/summoning mechanic to work, the world needs to be divided into smallish sections that can be sealed when an invasion begins, otherwise black phantoms would have to spend hours running through vast open fields in search of a player they may never find in time.

Sounds tight.
---
Go Big Red 10-3 bruh
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420; Pawn: Faith
#14joeharamatheoPosted 12/23/2012 11:28:49 PM

unless they used an open 'hub' that connects to instanced segments. they could even allow for semi-massive multiplayer in such an area, with full covenant interactions or multiplayer events

or i'm dreaming
#15tlnPosted 12/23/2012 11:37:59 PM
Skyrim lacks a battle system that isn't a snooze fest.
#16Kurama2Posted 12/23/2012 11:48:45 PM
Kratier posted...
i dont think people understand that dark souls is just a generic rpg with zombies thrown in
skyrim had originality

Are you even trying anymore?
---
Leaf
#17malicemizerfanPosted 12/23/2012 11:52:04 PM

HEEEEY! INVADER GUY!!!! YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CONTINENT! I'M OVER HEEEEERE!!!

seems like hilarity to me.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#18Orochi_LedePosted 12/23/2012 11:54:17 PM
tln posted...
Skyrim lacks a battle system that isn't a snooze fest.

i couldn't stand it anymore..i just stoped playing.
---
Careful what you say, mods can now delete posts based on what they think are insults rather then actual fact based insults, Terrible system at it's finest.
#19PHoToS999Posted 12/23/2012 11:58:57 PM
I once had a dream that I was able to mix demons souls and Dark souls together into a virtual reality game.
it was f***ing epic. One of my top ten best dreams ever.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#20KratierPosted 12/24/2012 12:12:28 AM
yeah , i'd be in denial too if my favorite game was called out for being a generic zombie rehash