This is what Skyrim lacked.

#31KratierPosted 12/24/2012 3:34:19 AM
you think youre having fun because you are beating challenges that are padded with artificial difficulty, so the fun you are experiencing is artificial fun
#32Cvdf3Posted 12/24/2012 3:36:36 AM
Kratier posted...
you think youre having fun because you are beating challenges that are padded with artificial difficulty, so the fun you are experiencing is artificial fun

this is an artificial argument with artificial logic (lol). The internet is an artificial information highway.
Everything we know is a lie!
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#33Virtue777Posted 12/24/2012 3:44:05 AM(edited)
It's not like difficulty is what makes Dark Souls an enjoyable game. The world is simply more interesting, the combat more engaging, the music (when it plays) more exciting, and the story more unique.

Skyrim's the kind of game for ADD children and exhausted overtime-working adults who just want to turn their brain off and forget about things for a while. It's like watching TV. It's not fulfilling the slightest.

Dark Souls is like classic literature. It's an experience where every moment is noticed and appreciated, and the entire game is seared into your memory. It's a video game and it requires constant interaction with it. It punishes you for not giving it attention. Attention it deserves. And in the end, the game you remember is Dark Souls. Not Skyrim, because the entire time you played Skyrim, you were in "zombie" mode.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#34Impaired MedicPosted 12/24/2012 3:49:18 AM
You know what I liked most about Skyrim? The $55 someone paid me to take it off my hands.
---
PSN: Impaired_Medic
#35Silent_AlarmPosted 12/24/2012 4:04:50 AM
Virtue777 posted...
It's not like difficulty is what makes Dark Souls an enjoyable game. The world is simply more interesting, the combat more engaging, the music (when it plays) more exciting, and the story more unique.

Skyrim's the kind of game for ADD children and exhausted overtime-working adults who just want to turn their brain off and forget about things for a while. It's like watching TV. It's not fulfilling the slightest.

Dark Souls is like classic literature. It's an experience where every moment is noticed and appreciated, and the entire game is seared into your memory. It's a video game and it requires constant interaction with it. It punishes you for not giving it attention. Attention it deserves. And in the end, the game you remember is Dark Souls. Not Skyrim, because the entire time you played Skyrim, you were in "zombie" mode.

Yeah, the 400 hours I played Skyrim for are just an empty hole. Maybe its all that Ritalin I'm on.
---
PSN & XBL: AM180
My Demon's/Dark Souls Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM1800?feature=mhee
#36Virtue777Posted 12/24/2012 4:10:58 AM
Silent_Alarm posted...
Virtue777 posted...

Yeah, the 400 hours I played Skyrim for are just an empty hole. Maybe its all that Ritalin I'm on.

It's pretty easy to sink hundreds of hours into mindless activity, look at most of the stuff on TV. And less than a year from now, you will not remember anything of Skyrim. It'll all just have blended together. Unlike Dark Souls, an experience that is actually enjoyable and memorable.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#37rush86Posted 12/24/2012 4:16:20 AM
Kratier posted...
i dont think people understand that dark souls is just a generic rpg with zombies thrown in
skyrim had originality

Im sorry but what u said was really stupid
#38hak145Posted 12/24/2012 7:55:54 AM
Kratier posted...
i dont think people understand that dark souls is just a generic rpg with zombies thrown in
skyrim had originality

not sure if srs..... if you are then i cant even fathom.....
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#39ilapostaPosted 12/24/2012 9:07:57 AM
Kratier posted...
skyrim had originality

You must be smoking crack.. Dark Souls is original and in no way shape or form is it generic. There is a depth of gameplay/lore that is unique to this and demons souls. While Skyrim is a great game and fun to play it is not nearly as hard as DaS or DeS.

Skyrim is more or less life in the fantasy world, DaS & DeS place you in a situation where you have to fight tooth and nail to achieve victory. Death is a way of life in those games.

Both games are great, DaS is more satisfying to finish as each small accomplishment feels like a major milestone.
---
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!
#40TILlegion777Posted 12/24/2012 10:03:38 AM
---MILD SPOILERS IN THIS POST, YE BE WARNED---

Dark Souls is Dark Fantasy, TES is either High Fantasy or just regular Fantasy (I can see an argument either way). The two can't really be properly combined. In Dark Souls it's a grey world, there is no "good" guy really. Shown by how much argument there is over the endings. Gwyn is bad, the Abyss is bad, and it's for the most part just a "Which is your lesser evil?"

In Skyrim, no matter what you do with the main story, you are the "good guy". In Dark Souls, no matter what you do someone is going to call you evil. You're fighting demon's and killing people because...? Well, really it's up to you, and your interpretation. Even if you want to call yourself Gwyn's holy knight, are you really doing good? The best you can really argue is that you believe you're doing right.

As well, adding that style of open world, NPC driven, narrative heavy style would probably ruin a lot of what makes Dark Souls so unique. The whole feeling of isolation and purpose is lose when you're going out to do another "Kill 10 rats" quest. I know there are none in Skyrim, but I'm making an exaggerated point.

Now, it is possible to make a Dark Fantasy open world game. Don't get me wrong, it's possible, and I would love to buy and play the hell out of that game. But it will not be made by combining Dark Souls and Skyrim. It would require it being built from a new base, aiming for it's own audience, without just butchering together two series. If they're going into it with the mindset of trying to gather both audience, it will just fail.

tl;dr No. Dark Souls + Skyrim = Failure. Independently created Open World Dark Fantasy = Amazing.
---
This is a unique signature.
I've put it here, so hopefully when you see it again you'll think "Oh yeah, that guy with the stupid signature!"