This is what Skyrim lacked.

#51TheJarven(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 11:27:33 AM
De-Pando posted...
Skyrim lacks everything. Atmosphere, challenge, GOOD lore, good combat, and weapon customization. It only gets a big map advantage, and ive said it before, ill say it again- it's a lewis and clark imulator, only without ANY challenge. Skyrim is gray, boring and no fun. And thos dragons are so pathetic, a dredgling could kill the " final boss".

Skyrim has a far better lore than Dark Souls. The world of Skyrim and by extension Tamriel is fleshed out properly, not through hand it to you on your plate story telling. The history of Skyrim is far richer and much more satisfying than that of Dark Souls/Lordran. Dragons were cool but very pathetic. Atmosphere was meh. Challenge was non-existent unless you were a lower level facing a Dragon Priest but that doesn't really count. Skyrim is not gray and boring, its a land filled with mysteries, histories and wonders. Except the mysteries were just terrible un-rewarding items with a few exceptions.

Dark Souls>Skyrim
However,
Skyrim Lore> Dark Souls Lore [This is pretty much true]
Skyrim World > Dark Souls World
Dark Souls Combat >>>> Skyrim Combat

I must admit, shouts were pretty cool. There were so many moments in Dark Souls where I just wanted to Fus-Roh-Dah everyone.
---
I love my asian Girlfriend ;DD
#52TheJarven(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 11:30:43 AM
Monster Hunter is an amazing game. I think its a lot easier than this game. Shadow of the Collosus was a weird game. It's like the developers made this world and started removing a whole bunch of elements from it.
But it was amazing nonetheless.
---
I love my asian Girlfriend ;DD
#53WafalafaugusPosted 12/24/2012 11:33:46 AM
Shadow286 posted...
KoolAssAssassin posted...
TheJarven posted...
BabySh0es posted...
or we could not mix them together at all, since i liked the atmosphere in dark souls more lol. skyrim was a pretty good game though

People about how Skyrim was "dark" which is technically true in comparison to oblivion. However, Dark Souls is far more intense and a lot darker. Lordran is so freaking depressing in comparison to Skyrim. There is no safe pocket of people anywhere, everywhere I've been to is full of demons trying to kill me.

The funny thing is the world of Dark Souls is like a warm summer day compared to the world of Demons Souls. In Dark Souls, you at least have areas like Anor Londo and the forests that seem nice and habitable. On top of that, humans seem to travel pretty freely between the different areas. In Demons Souls, pretty much every place out of the Nexus seemed like a death trap.

Kratier posted...
i dont think people understand that dark souls is just a generic rpg with zombies thrown in
skyrim had originality

How about you go ahead and name 5 RPGs just like Dark Souls then since it's so generic.

Demon's Souls, Castlevania: SOTN, Monster Hunter, Shadow of the Colossus... Oh you're right. I can only name four.

Demon's Souls: Really? We're going to count a game from the same creators in the same series as its own separate entity?

SotN: Not even close. For one example of how different they are: One is a 2D platformer. The other is a 3D action game.

Monster Hunter: I'll refuse to comment on this due to lack of experience with the series.

Shadow of the Colossus: The only similarity is that a lot of interpretation can be made about the story's background, but even that is different as with Dark Souls you infer the lore through the area and item descriptions, whereas in Shadow of Colossus you have no such descriptions to go on other than the opening sequence and what you'd infer from ICO. Combat between the two is entirely different in that SotC doesn't even have real combat; it's more of a puzzle game where you find the colossus's weakpoint.
---
Use Transvestite curses or the Ghost blades to damage them.~Ahriman
#54MrSmi7hPosted 12/24/2012 12:03:14 PM
Yeah, mixing Skyrim with DkS will be awesome!!11 also, we can add more features, everything that's good in videogames, like pandas of wow, pandas are cool, so, they should be there, of course, DkS should turn itself into a MORPG, the most players, the better.

We can also add Sherry, cause she have a pretty *ss and that's good for the game, we can design a full collection of crest shields with Sherry's *ass in it, or a full level based on her *ss with an outside area and a "TEH DEPTHS" area. Also we will get for sure a Mario NPC, Mario is proven to make better any game with him on it, so, let's put Mario as a new NPC, regular enemy, final boss, merchant, and standard character model.

It's me, it's mario.

Also, the game should feature:

Kart races.

2D fighting mode arena.

Romance simulator.

Kratos.

Oro, from Street fighter 3, another character that makes better any game with him on it.

Andore/Hugo, same as above, I don't even get how people can design games without getting Andore on it.

Air combos.

QTE's in the middle of the air combos, and in the menu screen, QTE's are awesome, so, it should be in the game.

Puzzles in the middle of the QTE's.

More puzzles.

Puzzles are awesome.

Beer.

Maria and James, Silent hill two had the better plot of any videogame, so, DkS MUST have them in the game if want to get better.

Nemesis from RE3 will replace the crestfallen warrior.

And Batman.
#55basketofsealsPosted 12/24/2012 12:17:52 PM
TheJarven posted...
De-Pando posted...
Skyrim lacks everything. Atmosphere, challenge, GOOD lore, good combat, and weapon customization. It only gets a big map advantage, and ive said it before, ill say it again- it's a lewis and clark imulator, only without ANY challenge. Skyrim is gray, boring and no fun. And thos dragons are so pathetic, a dredgling could kill the " final boss".

Skyrim has a far better lore than Dark Souls. The world of Skyrim and by extension Tamriel is fleshed out properly, not through hand it to you on your plate story telling. The history of Skyrim is far richer and much more satisfying than that of Dark Souls/Lordran. Dragons were cool but very pathetic. Atmosphere was meh. Challenge was non-existent unless you were a lower level facing a Dragon Priest but that doesn't really count. Skyrim is not gray and boring, its a land filled with mysteries, histories and wonders. Except the mysteries were just terrible un-rewarding items with a few exceptions.

Dark Souls>Skyrim
However,

I must admit, shouts were pretty cool. There were so many moments in Dark Souls where I just wanted to Fus-Roh-Dah everyone.

I'm gonna have to argue against Skyrim's lore being good. While the lore of Tamriel is indeed rich and thorough, very very little actually happened in Skyrim. The only significant development, besides the main plot which I'm not really sure how it will effect Tamriel, is the civil war, and stopping Potema from ever coming back. Something tells me though due to the nature of being able to choose either side, your choice won't matter. All the guild plots, besides the thieves' guild, either effect nobody outside the guild and/or returns things to status quo.
#56AlbinoCrocodilePosted 12/24/2012 12:26:18 PM
TheJarven posted...
De-Pando posted...

Dark Souls>Skyrim
However,

Respecting your opinion, but I found the lore to be extremely boring and the world to be just...empty and repetitive. After a few hours of running around finding nothing, or seeing how each dungeon isn't even that different from the last I sort of gave up. I only play these games to cause chaos as an argonian.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
Thinking up new polls.
#57Damian_KainPosted 12/24/2012 1:42:43 PM
I always like these arguments. Apples to Oranges I like both games. I like the atmosphere of Skyrim way more, I enjoyed Dark and Demon Souls but I have to bring up the standard the games are both repetative. Generic is not something that applies to either game but they both have their flaws.

Souls games are pretty Linear straight forward do it to it play grinding souls is fun but many minor flaws and odd misteps are its fatal flaw. I loved the first time I reached the bridge with the dragon in Dark Souls only to die to him like twelve times when I was in safe areas from the fire or better yet under the bridge. Falling in the crystal caverns was a pain in the neck but it is pretty. Favorite foe was that moth. Luna Moth? I loved it.

Skyrim is pretty simple it is not a game totally based on combat. Fighting is very simple and boring at times. Dungeons are prety much blank and meaningless.

The thing that makes me laugh however is people always make these topics and I am pretty sure 95% of them are on the PS3 board (no surprise there). The board is so Anti-Skyrim it is funny as can be. I love the whine that Skyrim is bad when they got it on the PS3 but what can you do. I never see this many whiney troll complaints from anyone other than PS3 people. 360 Souls board has complaints but there is no way this bad ever. So there is no suprise here.

Final thought I like both games. But I remember more of Skyrim despite having to play areas of Souls OVER and OVER again. I am not the best Souls player but I do not regret buying either of them both good games.
---
MHTri ID:QFBXWZ
For you, the day Bison graced your village, was the most important day of your life, but for me, it was.... Tuesday.
#58EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 12/24/2012 2:46:11 PM
De-Pando posted...

This about sums it up for me. I remember I bought Skyrim and Dark Souls around the same time. I tried to switch back and forth between games but Skyrim couldn't hold my attention at all due to that god awful combat and repetitive gameplay. I remember I got excited when I saw my first dragon but I immediately remembered just how much the combat took away from every single fight that took place in the game.
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls
#59Virtue777Posted 12/24/2012 2:56:27 PM
Damian_Kain posted...

The thing that makes me laugh however is people always make these topics and I am pretty sure 95% of them are on the PS3 board (no surprise there). The board is so Anti-Skyrim it is funny as can be. I love the whine that Skyrim is bad when they got it on the PS3 but what can you do. I never see this many whiney troll complaints from anyone other than PS3 people. 360 Souls board has complaints but there is no way this bad ever. So there is no suprise here.

I have the PC master race version of Skyrim, and still think it's pretty bad in comparison to Dark Souls. Skyrim is just a generic RPG with no soul, it does nothing to stand out and make itself known. It's popular because of marketing and the appeal it has to those who like to turn their brain off and go into zombie-mode while they game. Those who REALLY want to play video games, don't play Skyrim. Playing Skyrim is more like watching an interactive movie. Those who actually want to play a game will play games that actually engage you as a player.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#60N0b0dePosted 12/24/2012 3:13:38 PM
Playing video games is op if you aren't watching cutscenes, your cheesing. All combat needs to be nerfed to board trolling. Seriously though, having played both games for over 200,hours, i have to call dark souls the clear victor. All above arguments apply.
---
I am nobody, come from the muck-so that my hands would be dirty, like yours...i have destroyed myself, to be like you.