This is what Skyrim lacked.

#71DignatoReRaisedPosted 12/25/2012 1:48:46 AM
a687947 posted...
malicemizerfan posted...

uh, yeah it is. you get your quest, you follow the marker, kill who or whatever is between you and it, kill/talk to/ place item/solve easy puzzle, collect reward. assuming the game has not glitched out and made the quest unfinishable, or frozen.

so none of the crafting exists anymore? or the ability to just explore without an objective, or collect and read all the books that are in the game? when did they take all of that out? and there are also several quests in the game that don't have map markers did they remove those too? if you're just trying to bash the game by saying there isn't anything to it you sound completely ignorant

I think the implication is that he feels none of those things have any substance to them.

Which I would mostly agree with. Skyrim felt completely soulless to me. They had this huge world to work with and did barely anything with it. It all just feels so samey after the first 10 hours.
---
Give me a good enough signature to use, and I'll replace this one.
#72Damian_KainPosted 12/25/2012 4:00:42 AM
No I beat Seath (thank you for the name its been a long time since Souls saw the light of day for me.) in that room the second game. The game just glitched on me. I know he vanishes from the first room. All of that being said I like both games. I can see how people can get some serious ADD with Skyrim and I can see how people do not like souls. Either way their loss. My statement remains however there is alot more complaints on this board. I remember when the game came out and all the comparisons that were made calling other games crap. This is most common from PS3 Souls players.

I can see how people get tired of the combat as well. I understand that Variation in combat is usually not Elder Scrolls strong suit and a more involved combat system goes to Souls. But that is it. Souls is a great Combat RPG but I could not care less about the"story" I never felt involved in it. I was plagued with deaths and slogging though areas over and over again only to fall off an invisible platform or through a totally visible platform if there was some sort of worthwhile story I missed it. The thing I remember most was that shmuck killed the firekeeper at the start and you go and hunt him down. That is about all I remember story wise.

Yes while Skyrim may not be "advanced" in difficulty. Fake Difficulty does not make a game better. I would rather have a semi clear goal over a convoluted soulless quest any day.

That being said another thing I have to give this game over others is that opening video was one of the best I have seen since Onimusha 2.
---
MHTri ID:QFBXWZ
For you, the day Bison graced your village, was the most important day of your life, but for me, it was.... Tuesday.
#73Number4RocketPosted 12/25/2012 4:14:45 AM
Damian_Kain posted...
or through a totally visible platform.

I think your memory is also blurring other games and Dark Souls.

I can believe something like that happened once (though it has yet to happen to me whatsoever), but to claim it occurred to you often through your playthrough is BS.
#74YoozayPosted 12/25/2012 4:18:30 AM
Damian_Kain posted...
No I beat Seath (thank you for the name its been a long time since Souls saw the light of day for me.) in that room the second game. The game just glitched on me. I know he vanishes from the first room. All of that being said I like both games. I can see how people can get some serious ADD with Skyrim and I can see how people do not like souls. Either way their loss. My statement remains however there is alot more complaints on this board. I remember when the game came out and all the comparisons that were made calling other games crap. This is most common from PS3 Souls players.

I can see how people get tired of the combat as well. I understand that Variation in combat is usually not Elder Scrolls strong suit and a more involved combat system goes to Souls. But that is it. Souls is a great Combat RPG but I could not care less about the"story" I never felt involved in it. I was plagued with deaths and slogging though areas over and over again only to fall off an invisible platform or through a totally visible platform if there was some sort of worthwhile story I missed it. The thing I remember most was that shmuck killed the firekeeper at the start and you go and hunt him down. That is about all I remember story wise.

Yes while Skyrim may not be "advanced" in difficulty. Fake Difficulty does not make a game better. I would rather have a semi clear goal over a convoluted soulless quest any day.

That being said another thing I have to give this game over others is that opening video was one of the best I have seen since Onimusha 2.

I'm at a loss, why do people use the term "fake difficulty" "artificial difficulty" so wrongly? Dark souls doesn't have aritifical difficulty, maybe when you reach NG+ you can scream "aritificial difficulty" then, but the base game doesn't have it, lol.
#75Damian_KainPosted 12/25/2012 4:25:12 AM
I fell through the elevator of I think it was Anor Londo I may be wrong the big city with all the metal guards and Gargoyles only to fight Ornstern and Smogh. I fell through the sewer at the start of the game I dont mean like I fell into the water or off the edge. I became very well aware of ledges god knows I dont want to lose souls. I am not talking about Crystal Caves or heaven forbid that dark pit of hell we all had to go through with the poison pygmy guys. I know there are ledges there but I fell through maps plenty. I would say at least two dozen times. What makes it worse was I could usually survive the fights after a couple of tries but it would be a spot where I was alone with full health when I would plummet. I thought the same way you did BS on this I even had something on the board LONG ago about it.
---
For you, the day Bison graced your village, was the most important day of your life, but for me, it was.... Tuesday.
#76Number4RocketPosted 12/25/2012 4:34:39 AM
Damian_Kain posted...
I fell through the elevator of I think it was Anor Londo I may be wrong the big city with all the metal guards and Gargoyles only to fight Ornstern and Smogh. I fell through the sewer at the start of the game I dont mean like I fell into the water or off the edge. I became very well aware of ledges god knows I dont want to lose souls. I am not talking about Crystal Caves or heaven forbid that dark pit of hell we all had to go through with the poison pygmy guys. I know there are ledges there but I fell through maps plenty. I would say at least two dozen times. What makes it worse was I could usually survive the fights after a couple of tries but it would be a spot where I was alone with full health when I would plummet. I thought the same way you did BS on this I even had something on the board LONG ago about it.

Are there videos out of any of these events happening?

I can't swallow that it happened dozens of times to you and 0 to me and many others.
#77Cvdf3Posted 12/25/2012 4:43:11 AM(edited)
I have yet to ever fall through the geography. I only know of a few places where you can clip through the environment; and none of them are accessible by accident. Especially by a person just trying to get through the game...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#78YoozayPosted 12/25/2012 4:49:04 AM
Number4Rocket posted...
Damian_Kain posted...

Are there videos out of any of these events happening?

I can't swallow that it happened dozens of times to you and 0 to me and many others.

I know what he's trying to say. He's saying the drops like the ones in the depths, he didn't wait for the elevator in anor londo and dropped to his death (lol). But then it seems as if he's blaming the game for his faults... It's all down to your own attentiviness and learning from those previous faults, that is what the game is about. It's your fault not the games'.
#79Kurama2Posted 12/25/2012 4:57:59 AM
Damian_Kain posted...

Also combat people say Skyrim is repetitive, I understand where they are coming from but when they say the Souls games are always exciting I have to laugh. Is it not a game where you can fight the same monsters over and over and over again to power up? Or when you fight a boss if you are lucky (and usually informed) you fight it only once. Most of the time the boss fights are the same thing over and over again until you get lucky and the foe fails to one hit you. Ornstern and Smog for example, that was a fight that I know people had to do OVER and OVER and OVER again, if you did not come with prior knowledge I don't think you beat that boss on the first try.

Awful argument since you can dumb down almost any game to that level, not to mention you completely missed the point.

You have bad taste, just deal with it instead of defending an awful game with asinine arguments.
---
Leaf
#80Damian_KainPosted 12/25/2012 11:54:57 AM
Here comes the hostility.

No I did not miss the elevator. I don't mean I fell to a lower platform I fell straight through the map. Thank you for reading the whole post before you try to look like a sniveling weasel to the fanbase. I don't know how I clipped through platforms that should be stable. It was a minor glitch and I am not scoring the game anything lower for it. Maybe my copy was glitchy or my play through was messed up ( same play through where I could not find Seath)

No I don't tape myself playing games either. I do not have a fault with the game. I like the game. But once again as I can see with the previous responses (the last two) if I am not praising the game I am bad at it and I have bad taste.

I like Dark Souls. I can't say otherwise. It is hard yes but I like games that are hard. Ghouls and Ghosts and Battle Toads on the Super Nintendo are two games I also enjoy for their crushing difficulty. But as with all fanboys ( as I said before worse with PS3 Souls fans) if it is not their game being called God's gift it is wrong.

I am also not saying Skyrim is not glitchy. there is plenty of crap like the bear I sent into the stratosphere with a lightning bolt or the few hours where every time I entered the world map and I would find a dead Hagraven at my feet.

I really do not understand if it is inadequacy or what but as I said in one of my first posts the games are not the same apples to oranges. Then again most people who are trying to insult me for not putting this game on a mantle are also too daft to read through an entire post.
---