This is what Skyrim lacked.

#81Damian_KainPosted 12/25/2012 12:09:37 PM
I also want to know how people want to improve on a first person sword and shield combat style. Using one or two buttons is what most games do for combat. But you could Argue that Dark souls can be that simple as well. Shield up counter and return. Only a couple of buttons there.

Combat is what you make it. I get a picture of Skyrim haters more and more each time I go over posts. If you cannot immerse yourself in a game you wont like Elder Scrolls while simple it is enjoying a living functioning world. Having cleared most of the quests I still go back to towns and take bounties on Dragons and Giants and Bandits for money. Can I decimate these foes? Yes of course but that is not the point. It is no better than doing the same thing over and over again for a reward of currency/XP.
---
MHTri ID:QFBXWZ
For you, the day Bison graced your village, was the most important day of your life, but for me, it was.... Tuesday.
#82Cvdf3Posted 12/25/2012 12:13:36 PM
Have you played Chivalry? That is a step in the right direction. I'm not saying Skrim is bad simply due to the combat; game just bores me now. I also played TES III and IV abd enjoyed them a good deal (and their combat is even worse, but they had other things going for them that I enjoyed that I didn't in Skyrim).
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#83Damian_KainPosted 12/25/2012 12:28:40 PM
No I don't think I have played Chivalry. I guess I can look it up. I understand where you may not enjoy Skyrim but you are not one of the people who is a jerk about it. At least not in this topic. Anyone can like whatever they want. If someone wants to like KoA or Dragon's Dogma more than either of these games that is their choice and that is cool. I got bored with Dark Souls the same way you did with Skyrim. I lost interest with combat and I felt there was not a whole lot more to it than that.

By the way Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it. Happy Holidays to the rest.
---
For you, the day Bison graced your village, was the most important day of your life, but for me, it was.... Tuesday.
#84Silent_AlarmPosted 12/25/2012 12:37:28 PM
Number4Rocket posted...
Damian_Kain posted...
I fell through the elevator of I think it was Anor Londo I may be wrong the big city with all the metal guards and Gargoyles only to fight Ornstern and Smogh. I fell through the sewer at the start of the game I dont mean like I fell into the water or off the edge. I became very well aware of ledges god knows I dont want to lose souls. I am not talking about Crystal Caves or heaven forbid that dark pit of hell we all had to go through with the poison pygmy guys. I know there are ledges there but I fell through maps plenty. I would say at least two dozen times. What makes it worse was I could usually survive the fights after a couple of tries but it would be a spot where I was alone with full health when I would plummet. I thought the same way you did BS on this I even had something on the board LONG ago about it.

Are there videos out of any of these events happening?

I can't swallow that it happened dozens of times to you and 0 to me and many others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91_DusA40sY#t=11m43s

From my firstplaythrough, bizarrely it happened to me on my first NG and has never happened since.
---
PSN & XBL: AM180
My Demon's/Dark Souls Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM1800?feature=mhee
#85AfroPrimePosted 12/25/2012 3:15:12 PM
I'm also here to back up Kain on his falling deaths. I have fallen through the geometry of the world several times on both the PS3 and PC copies of Dark Souls. It happens.

I've mostly had it occur in the catacombs and a couple times in blight town, though it still happens elsewhere.
Kind of annoying when you're trying to reach your blood stain...
---
LP LP -> LK HP
#86Number4RocketPosted 12/25/2012 3:59:22 PM
I can see if you get smacked and clipped through the stage that it may happen (though still never to me or anyone IRL I know, luckily).

Just falling through without being smacked into the ground though (and multiple times)... ... ...
#87Shadow286Posted 12/26/2012 2:49:03 AM
Well, I was kind of joking with my response, I can't help but defend SotN. People often compare Dark Souls to a 3D Metroidvania. SotN being the best example of which. I happen to agree. I'd rather not go through the details cuz it's late, but if you've played SotN you'd understand. ;_;
#88Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 12/26/2012 2:51:47 AM
I'm also here to back up Kain on his falling deaths. I have fallen through the geometry of the world several times on both the PS3 and PC copies of Dark Souls. It happens.

Yeah, same here. When it first happeneed I was like "Wow, that was bull****."
---
http://i.imgur.com/Ut1W5.gif
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#89Damian_KainPosted 12/27/2012 2:11:49 AM
It is unfortunate and I am glad I am not the only person. Glitches are some of the best thing in games but in games like Dark Souls it is a real pain since everything revolves around how you are running. Nothing like getting killed with plenty of souls and humanity at a place you can never get back to.
---