Should Dark Souls Win "Best Story"...

#21BoozeHound59Posted 12/26/2012 12:46:01 AM
SolidKnight posted...
I like the story for one reason and one reason only: I don't have to sit through it. Video game stories are often trite and full of stupid and/or annoying characters. I'm glad I didn't have to sit through that crap in this game.

Better put than anyone I've seen saying they like Dark Souls story.
#22Kurama2Posted 12/26/2012 12:51:45 AM
SolidKnight posted...
I like the story for one reason and one reason only: I don't have to sit through it. Video game stories are often trite and full of stupid and/or annoying characters. I'm glad I didn't have to sit through that crap in this game.

Pretty much, especially when games like Mass Effect, Far Cry 3, and Dragon Age: Origins have down right embarrassing writing.
---
Leaf
#23Cvdf3Posted 12/26/2012 12:58:28 AM(edited)
It isn't necessarily the story of the game I like (since it is is literally about 3 paragraphs long, including the split decision at the end); it's the attention to detail they included in the environments and items. I like that people could figure something like Darkroot being Oolacile without anyone telling you in game or having to wait till the DLC and devs be like "Guess what!? That forest, it's f***in important actually".

I wouldn't say it's the story I like, but the actual world. You can't appreciate anything about a game anymore...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#24WrattsPosted 12/26/2012 1:14:15 AM
The story in Dark Souls is relatively weak... the lore/setting on the other hand is really, really cool.
#25Scorex_VIIPosted 12/26/2012 1:24:37 AM
Good joke.

Good story in video games this generation are Deus EX human revolution and Red dead redemption.
---
Growing on you, right?
[PSK] Poder Lusitano!
#26Kurama2Posted 12/26/2012 1:41:43 AM
Scorex_VII posted...
Good joke.

Good story in video games this generation are Deus EX human revolution and Red dead redemption.

lol
---
Leaf
#27pedrovay2004Posted 12/26/2012 2:10:52 AM
DignatoReRaised posted...
Do you really think a story that people have to actually THINK about would win an award in modern times?

There's a difference between "deep enough that you have to think about it" and "so cryptic that you won't even realize there's a story unless someone makes a ton of YouTube videos about it."
#28Number4RocketPosted 12/26/2012 2:14:51 AM
pedrovay2004 posted...
DignatoReRaised posted...
Do you really think a story that people have to actually THINK about would win an award in modern times?

There's a difference between "deep enough that you have to think about it" and "so cryptic that you won't even realize there's a story unless someone makes a ton of YouTube videos about it."

The main parts of the story are goddamn explained by NPCs for ****'s sake.
#29Scorex_VIIPosted 12/26/2012 5:14:20 AM
Kurama2 posted...
Scorex_VII posted...
Good joke.

lol

If you are going to quote someone with just a "lol" you should further your thinking a bit, otherwise the only image you transmit from yourself if of a toddler that managed to hop in his dadīs computer, during his coffee break.

Of course, those were personal opinions, forgot those dont exist on the internet. RDR, IMO, had a touching story about redemption. Tho one can say the ending was a bit too obvious, the ride was more then satisfying. Marston is more of a character then a lot of RPG protagonists.
---
Growing on you, right?
[PSK] Poder Lusitano!
#30Kurama2Posted 12/26/2012 6:10:59 AM
Don't get angry at me because you have awful taste.
---
Leaf